Old 06-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Default What do you think will happen...

I am thinking about doing low-carb for a week maybe 2 and being really strict just to jump start my weight loss and for motivation. Do you think after the first week or 2 I switch to another plan like you on a diet or the mediterannean diet, I would gain a lot? I want some kind of fast results quickly so that I stay motivated, but I don't want to stick to it for a long time because I have in the past and I think it is too hard to stick to.

Has anyone ever tried this before? What were your results?

Thanks!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

I think you will have some quick weight loss at first, but then about the time you switch, your weight loss will slow down or stall for awhile or maybe even go up. Once you are into the new frame of mind for the other diet and your body gets used to it you may start losing again, but the transition time might be discouraging.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I would agree with sherry, but its hard to say as I havent tried this myself, If you do try this, I'd love to know how it went for you. Good luck.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I did it just a few weeks ago and it worked fine. I was doing atkins induction, then switched to weight watchers with low carb choices, and continued to loose that same week I switched over.

Things evened out this past week, but that is due to my cycle. My opinion is....yes it will work.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

I think it takes a great deal of self discipline to do it right. It can work, but for me it never does. I get spoiled on Atkins with the fat we are allowed to eat and find it hard to switch to low fat on other plans. If you have the willpower though it could work. I don't think it would for me though. Too many times I've tried switching to a different diet I want to try and too many times I've gotten discouraged instead, and not really fully committed well to either diet that way.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote