Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 10:43 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thumbs down Everyday Exercisers ~ Streak to St. Paddy's!

Good morning, good morning!

Can you tell I'm happy? Great news yesterday! DH checked out normal (if you know what I mean! ) And all my bloodwork came back normal too! She still thinks that I have PCOS, because of my other symptoms, but I'm not insulin-resistant, which takes away a good excuse for not losing weight! Oh well, at least now we can get on with this TTC business, as she's given me Clomid to induce ovulation, and we're all pretty optimistic about it! I'll keep you posted!

Sounds like you definitely need a chiro visit, if your back hurts that much! Maybe a therapeutic massage too, if you can swing it. I know how much that helps me when my back aches. At least you're moving though, and that's great! FlyLady sure is a good motivator, isn't she?

Old 03-06-2002, 11:01 AM   #2  

I'm so excited for your good news!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly with little stress.

Yeah, I really should get my back checked out. Should have after I carried and delivered a 10 pound baby, but I digress....

I got up this morning and came downstairs, got on the scale (showed 2 pounds less, but than fluctuated up when I got back on), and worked out for 10 minutes! I read somewhere that people lost more weight doing 3 10 minute segments through the day then just half an hour every day. I set my timer, put on some rocking music, and ran around, LOL. I'm going to have to give away my little $3 ski machine from the thrift store, it doesn't work too well. Or maybe I should just break it down and toss it. I don't need that clutter.
Have a great day!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 03-07-2002, 12:00 PM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Yahoo! I weighed myself last night at Curves, and I'm down to 169! I have just had the most awesome week, haven't I?

And good on you for doing that 10 minutes at the start of your day! I hear that's one of the best ways to do it, as it gets it out of the way... I hear ya about the $3 ski machine! If it's not working well, and you're not using it, toss it! Remember only to keep the stuff you love!

Ouch! Emmett was 10 pounds? Yeesh, no wonder your back hurts!
Old 03-07-2002, 11:30 PM   #4  

LOL. Congrats on the weight loss!! Woohoo!! I did no formal excercise today (other than chasing squirt around, who's feeling much better!), but I got some of our finances worked on in my flylady 'control journal'. So that was productive. Gave in to some AF cravings today, but I only had 1 serving of my fave Girl Scout cookies and 1 serving of my peanut butter eggs, so hopefully it won't show up tomorrow, LOL. Oh well. Made me feel better anyway. I might venture out with my sister's car tomorrow. It's a little quirky and that scares me.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 03-08-2002, 12:22 PM   #5  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Whew! Am I tired! I slept terribly last night! At least I get to sleep in tomorrow!

I took the night off from exercise again... not that it did me any good! I still didn't get to sleep until late, and then I slept fitfully... oh well.. I'm blaming it on the meds I'm taking. Which means, it's temporary!

I am going to Curves tonight after work though, even if I have to drag myself kicking and screaming!

Sounds like you handled your PMS cravings the same way I do.. just by having a little! Good job!

Anyhoo, I better get back to work! Talk to you later!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #6  

I know how terrible those sleepless nights are! I'm finally just starting to sleep well again.

I lost 3 pounds this week! My new program is pretty much run around the house like a mad woman (makes the kid laugh), let him poke my roll and jump when he does it (hours of cheap entertainment, LOL), and imitate the people on the kids PBS shows. Much more fun than going to a gym, LOL.

Have a great day!
In Christ,
Pamela
194/161/145
Old 03-11-2002, 11:43 AM   #7  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

I love your new program! It sounds great... you should try selling it.. you'd make a fortune! Maybe call it the "Crazy Woman Diet"! I can see it now! Hee, hee!

As for me, I had a very bad diet weekend, but I'm back on track for the week... Off to Curves today, and glugging in the water!
Old 03-12-2002, 01:17 PM   #8  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Ooooh, I am so scatter-brained today!

First off, I totally forgot that I had a massage appt this morning, until they called to ask where in the heck I was! Then I get back from my appt and the receptionist just called! I forgot to put my necklace and watch back on before I left!

Anyway, yesterday I ate terribly, but still managed to come in within my ranges on fitday, so I'm happy with that... I seem to have the munchies real bad at night the last couple nights, so I think that I'm getting PMS! Never thought I'd be happy to see good ole' Aunt Flo! But it means we can get on with TTC, so I'm happy about it!

Tonight's bowling night, and it should be fun... excpet we've had freezing rain and it's really slick driving around out there! Just taking it slow, and I'm sure we'll be fine!

Hope you guys are doing okay! Talk to ya later!
Old 03-12-2002, 04:11 PM   #9  

Woohoo Marvin! Af certainly does take on a new dimension when you're TTC!

St Patrick's Day is Sunday, LOL. Oh my goodness. I did buy some Easter candy this weekend, but I was very good about it and it's still in the cupboard, LOL. (Good sales.) I'm doing my no sweets thing again, worked out today, and I eat 2 servings of beans a day (120 calories, 28 grams of fiber). I'm seeing my belly shrink every day which is nice. I'm going to PA on Fri to see my best friend for 1 day pretty much and I've lost 30 pounds since the last time I saw her. Kind of fun!!

Have fun bowling! We're going to Perkin's tonight, I think, to meet with JM (dh is working with him on some band stuff). A meeting of sorts, but much better then me being stuck at home!! TTYL.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 03-13-2002, 10:57 AM   #10  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Hallo! Boy, now I know that AF is coming! I was just a pig yesterday! Oh well! It's all for a good cause, right?

What kind of beans are you eating, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like a good idea, to incorporate that into lunch and dinner.... I like beans, but they don't like me much! I'd have to invest in some Beano!!

Isn't it nice to see someone after having lost weight? And I'm sure, being your best friend, that she'll totally gush over how gorgeous you are! All kidding aside, it's nice to have someone notice, and even better with such a dramatic loss!

Hope you had a good time going out last night! Bowling was agonizingly slow, which is what happens when you bowl as badly as we did last night! It was fun though, but we're starting to hope for the end of the season (which is still 7 weeks away! :O )

Today is Curves, and I'm wanted to weigh myself, but not sure if it'll happen or not, we'll see how I feel when I get there... I really don't want to see an increase!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:04 PM   #11  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Whew! I feel pretty good this morning, even though I skipped out on Curves last night... I was just too tired and crampy. Oh well, today is a new day, and if I can't make it to Curves, I will at least make it to aquajogging! I promise, I am going to do at least one!

I had some regular baked beans at lunch yesterday, and phew, was I a noisy girl last night! They were yummy and filling though, so I'm going to try to make it a more regular occurance in my diet... (no pun intended!)

Otherwise, I'm trying to keep the PMS munchies in check with water and lots of fruit, but you know, you still have to give in to that ice cream craving a little too! Hope you're doing well, and I'll chat to ya again later!

Old 03-14-2002, 03:10 PM   #12  

I was going to post yesterday but the site wouldn't let me!!
I worked out at the gym yesterday, not sure what I'm going to do for today. Maybe just some weights at home.
I'm the Bean Queen, LOL. I've toned down a little, but I love the way they taste and how full I feel when I eat them. Hehe.

I know you'll get back to your workouts asap! I know I miss more days this time of year, but I do what I can whenever I can!!
TTYL!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 03-15-2002, 11:45 AM   #13  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Good morning, Pamela!

Oooh.. I went to aquajogging last night with Mom, and was it ever a great workout! I felt absolutely exhausted afterwards, but it was a good exhaustion, if you know what I mean...? Anyway, I wish that I could go more often! Unfortunately, it's only on Tues/Thurs evenings, so bowling gets in the way... Then the other times are all during the day. If I didn't have to work........ hmmm....okay, no I can't do that!

I forgot to eat my beans yesterday, but I'll try to get them in today. I know exactly what you mean about feeling full after eating them, and they are really yummy too! Can't beat that!

Anyway, I probably won't check in again until Monday, as we're off to the internet-less inlaws for the weekend... have a great St. Paddy's day, and I'll see you on Monday! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:44 PM   #14  

I was gone all weekend too. I had layovers in Chicago and that airport just isn't set up well!!! Of course, it meant good excercise for me, LOL. My best friend has actually lost some weight too, it was nice for us to look like us again. I indulged this weekend but I don't get home often. The best Chinese restaurant I know is there, LOL. It was a really really good trip and now I'm sick, but oh well. Probably won't do a whole lot of actual excercise today but I did the house blessing before I was too tired and I will try to do 15 minutes in my closet today. It's better but there's still some weird junk in there. Have a good day!
In Christ,
Pamela
Closed Thread