Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #256

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #2  

Talking hello

I haven't been to this site for a few years, now I need help again in my weight loss journey. Glad to be back
Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

...and a big back to you limeymum! Glad to have you back!

JANE...so jealous of your garden...all those fresh veggies and fruits, mmmm. Going to be working on getting that stuff from storage organized and put away this evening and tomorrow. Have to make room for round two. Me and Jason made three trips and then V and Jason made one. Soooo much stuff! Actually, too much stuff. There's a lot of heavy boxes I can't pick up and Jason and V are not home today so can only do light stuff. Most of it is Christmas stuff and garage stuff. Well, then we have a pile of stuff for garage sale stuff. A person shouldn't have this much stuff, ugh! How are you liking your new room? Bet it is nice.

SUE...keep up the good work missy! All that biking will pay off soon and you are getting healthy so it's all good! I'm like you, kept saying I am not going to buy any new clothes until I lose some weight. WEll, I broke down and did before my trip to AR. Wanted some shorts to wear.

PINKJANE...like Jane, I admire you too for cooking for yourself. If it were just me all the time I wouldn't cook for myself. I don't like to cook anymore. I would live off frozen dinners, salad and sandwiches.

JULES...I guess I had something else in mind when you said celestial. I love that crib set! The stars and the moon and the colors! Perfect blue for a boy or girl! I'm getting excited too!

HI to everyone else

Well I had a busy morning again today. I don't know where the time goes. I do a few things in the morning and by the time I get home and on the computer it is getting late already. And I am not getting anything done around the house, ugh! Hoping to get things organized and some order to all the chaos here by Monday. I made a To Do list but it still ain't happenin', lol. Anyway...

I did manage a walk yesterday evening-30 minutes on the treadmill. Would have been more but DS came home and wanted to chat. I am not one to say "later, I'm busy" life is too short and I take advantage of all the time I can get to chat with my kids. Walking, cleaning, exercising, whatever can wait.

Going to walk again the same time today. Meant to get up early and do it before heading out the door but for some reason I slept in. Did the wally world thing today since I was out and about. It is supposed to be hot this week and I don't want to be out in it. I need to go buy a suit and go to the pool. For some reason I am dying to go. There's not a lot of people that go so it wouldn't be crowded during the day. Maybe next week once I get things organized.

Well, I hope you ladies are enjoying your day! Take care
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Just got off the treadmill and thought I would check in...Hubby is doing Wal Mart loads in Ohio for the next 4 days, he just hates those LOL, so he is no a happy camper to say the least....still nothing much going on here...gonna make my dinner and watch The Birdcage...Have a Good Evening All.

Sue - I hope it goes into reruns, I got hooked on a new show on the History Channel called Ice Road Truckers LOL

Jane and Cristina - OMG I hate, hate, HATE to cook LOL but you can't lose on take out and having type 2 makes it a necessary evil to cook, but vacation is coming and I'll have 8 days where I don't have to cook Woo Hoo!!

Pink Jane
Your next vacation is 81 days away!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

I'm back!

Hi limeymum - welcome back to 3fc, and especially to the Jaded Ladies. I think you'll find us very encouraging during your weight loss journey.

Cristina - I picked some flowers for the living room, and when I got to the coneflowers, I thought of you. Good for you, not handling the heavy boxes, last thing you need is an aching back. Like you, I forgo most everything else when one of the kids, grandkids, or Neal needs to chat. Everything else can just wait. I do love my new room! It's nothing special, but just right for scrapbooking. As I write this, Neal is painting his den, and seems happy to have a room to call his own. He's going to bring all his trophys in from the shed, lol, and his arrowhead collection, too. Men are actually just big boys, right?

Sassy - how's the new program going? If you need some cheering on, you know we'll help you!

Hello to everyone else.

I have been thinking for quite some time about switching back to WW, and although I don't want to have to count points, I have to admit that I lost so well with WW in 2004. And really, we have to count Something in order to lose - fat grams, calories, carbs, points, or whatever. At least I still have the points printed out for most of our favorite dishes. I am a firm believer, though, that success begins in the brain, not the belly.

If any of you still haven't tried Edy's no sugar added frozen fruit bars, you really need to make that a priority, lol.

Chat at ya later.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Pink Jane - you were posting same time as me. Do you find that by the end of vacation, you'd do just about anything for a real home-cooked meal after all the restaurant food? You're down to 80-some days for WDW, and I'm still at 9 months and counting, lol. I sincerely hope you send me a postcard!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Just a quick post to say hi to all!!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. Boy, is life busy for most of you! We have our busy-ness in spurts, then days of nothing to do.
Today the weather was so un-believably beautiful that we sat outside a lot. DH got my seat fixed..heehee...and I rode 6 miles. I swear I will reach a ten mile day before summer is over.
I dusted woodwork and doors and ran the Webster in the corners today. Lots of dust bunnies to chase. I even did the garage. Now if someone would wash my car......ha.
Mom was under the weather so I hope she feels better tomorrow.

DD and family will be here in 2 days and I am beside myself. Having a Sunday dinner..so Sat. I will bake an apple cake and make a salad of some sort. They all stay at my local DD's house...she has a pool that the kids love 24/7. (but she is only 5 minutes from us)

Going to scoot and try to do a little exercising....working on my legs so I can ride the bike longer. LOL
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone.....

Just a quicky here as I need to get to town and get some errand done before work. Today DD is 13 and I'm stopping by to wish her a Happy Birthday too.

Still walking and trying to eat much better. This weekend Hubby and I are going hiking. Looking forward to that!

Ok....I got to go!

Hugs to all
Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - what's a Webster? Must be a sweeper or Hoky of some sort. What kind of salad are you going to make? A 7-layer one makes up real nice a day ahead. I have to admit, I get my cut cauliflower florettes and onion slices from the grocery salad bar, lol. And I use the pre-cooked packaged bacon, the thick cut. Speaking of salads, have you ever used the diced canned potatoes (rinsed) for potato salad? Makes assembly go very fast, and is so good!

Marti - Happy Birthday to Jhanai! How does it feel that she's a teen now? Hiking sounds fun - is the trail a local one?

Hi to all.

Neal's den is all done. There is lots of memorbilia from his family and youth in there, which makes him smile.

We're going to the Eagles for dinner tonight. (the club, not the band, lol) My sisters and their sweeties are going to join us. They have a set dinner, no choices available, so I have to sort of guess at the calories, then adjust it later. The outcome will be the deciding factor of what kind of evening snack I get, lol.

Have a good evening, ladies!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

MARTI...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jhanai!

SUE...woohoo on all the biking! Hope your mom feels better soon.

JANE...I would be a happy camper if I had my own room too! I have a little corner in the office, guess that counts, lol. V has his own room too (I got cheated I think, lol) it's the third garage. I should hang his fish and such out there, lol. His man stuff is in the office and I had some order to it all until we got stuff out of storage, lol! So what color is Neal painting his room and did you paint yours? I remember seeing your pictures of the guest room and the how pretty it was but can't remember if you had painted it.

HIYA JULES!

PINKJANE...I see about the cooking. There was a time I really enjoyed cooking and trying new things. I still like to try new things but hate spending much time in the kitchen.

HI everyone else

Another busy day. I need to make myself get up earlier everyday. Not sure why I have been feeling so tired/sleepy. By the time I am out the door and get back and get something done the day is almost over. Worked some on the yard today picking up rocks. V has a load in the back of his truck he is trying to find somewhere to get rid of them. Thought I had gotten most out of the yard but apparently not. We will be building a fence next weekend, ugh. I say ugh because of all the times for the weather to warm up it decides to this week. We are going to leave the sides open so the sprinkler and sod guys can get through. We are #5 on a list of 17. Went from #8 2 weeks ago to 5 now. We just may have a yard before summer is over, lol! Anyway...I got in 2 miles yesterday and it felt good.

Take care ladies
Old 06-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Just got back online...we had a Tornado go through earlier about 3 miles south of here, which is plenty too close for me LOL...sirens have been going off all afternoon and the weather man says more storms all nite, fun, fun, fun...I walked earlier today before the storms started, I have visions of the power going off and me flying off the treadmill, not a pretty image LOL...that was the excitement for the week here...Hubby is doing his Wally World runs and not enjoying them LOL but he said Ohio is much better then when he gets stuck doing them in Jersey...the boy is off today and tomorrow so no taxi service till his softball games tomorrow nite...CSI is a rerun tonite so I am gonna have to find a movie to watch...cooking a turkey cutlet for my dinner tonite...well have a Good Evening All.

Jane - Honestly no I never miss home cooked...home cooked means I had to cook it LOL and I'd love to send you a postcard if you pass me your addy.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 80 days away!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

TAH DAH...I rode 7 miles today. Now if I can do that for a few weeks I will up it again. I didn't stay on 6 long enough and 7 sure kicked my butt.

I am off to the shower and might be back...but won't promise.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 269/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick "Hello" to everyone. It's been a very long, but good, day. I've had both my son and my god-daughter with me today and will have the both of them until Sunday evening, so I'm not sure how often I'll get to post. They both keep me very busy.

Haven't excercised at all yet this week.....SHAME on me!!! But other than that, I've been doing ok.

Hope everyone else is doing good!!!

Oh, ETA that I got a pair of digital scales for my birthday. They measure down to the decimal. They are off from my old scales about a pound and a half (in the wrong direction ) So, my weight will probably go up at my next weigh in, just due to that alone. That stinks, but it's ok. I'll get a new baseline (sorta) and start again.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #15  
ugggg.....

kehb--how old are the kids? Have fun!!

Sue--7 miles is good!! so proud of you!!

PinkSands--don't you hate reruns--does it seem the show seasons are shorter than they used to be???

Cristina--hey there to you too. have fun with the fence--careful you guys don't get too sore!!

Jane--the diced canned potatoes for potato salad is a good idea. I could actually do that and just make enough for me since hubby and kids don't like it or macaroni salad. They all are cold slaw people. Do you have good lo-cal recipie for potato salad?

Marti-Happy Bday to Jhani!!

Gotta get to the grocery store and then take dd to her sonogram to tell her exact due date.
Closed Thread