Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #1  

Default Cows in summer MooMoos

So..yes it finally happened.. I'm sick of cleaning... and once again procrastinating... and no cow in sight to help me dither away the day...
Wabby- you need to report on the weekend wedding festival!!!

Cowie-- we need the next chapter in lcps fractured fairy tales

Kiwi-- we need to know how your hip/elbow etc are doing-- are you out and about with Jet

Cherry--- you must report in!!!!!
bagz-- are you being a groupie on the lecture circuit?

Painty--whats with the away messages and send me your facebook stuff so I can see your beautifulness

Sugar-- take off the apron and come chat

Darbydoooooo is doing great.. appetite of a horse, and it must be the evil side of me..but I get a chuckle out of her trying to navigate with the lampshade..doink doink in the wall... Casey my brassy broad is outside sunning herself.. she knows Darby isn't right and is being a sweetie bout leaving her be.. no rough housing or baiting... well I guess I gotta get the windex out.... crap!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

I will be spending the day preparing for tomorrow's colonosophy event. Envy me if you must but remember you, too, but remember ... I could be cleaning. Which is preferable?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #3  

note to self: do not read a post by cowpernia whilst sipping carbonated beverages

I have no nose hair left: thankyou
Old 06-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Angry

haha!!! well i am laughing at shatzi's remarks---not poor peachers--i have seen what one must go through before the colonoscopy event and trust me,peacher would rather do a fling-boogie.!!!!! said dh has been asked to teach a course at the journalism school next semester--it's in a town an hour away BUT it is a TERRIBLE drive through MOOSE infested woods----and it could be in the pitch black of night----i am think i will forbid it.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Gotta agree with Bagz.... hate to say it but I think LCP has alot in common with Pinnochio
I agree. It's awful to say you don't believe someone who's said they've been assaulted, but with her, it's so hard to know what's real. I have a (friend of a) friend who's a detective on the NYPD; maybe I could ask him what the real procedure is.

I feel so bad for her, either her life is one disaster after another, or she lives in a very painful fantasy world. I wish you could tell which.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. There are dragonflies zooming all over the yard (hopefully feasting on those mosquitoes). And I'm on the computer, still trying to figure out how I'm going to go south next month.

Wabby? How did it go? You survive?

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Whall, I haven't gone through the scopy; the whole barium horror with x-ray was gross enough; but I'm right there with you, Peachie! You know, in a figurative sense. Good job giving Schatzi a nasaloscopy.

My DD is starting a fire. Hopefully in the fireplace outdoors. I have marinated chicken breasts in a lovely buttermilk and spice concoction and am expecting a few extras for dindin. I would like to observe the chicken these monstrosities came off of. She must need one heavy duty Cross-Your-Heart.

ta
k
Old 06-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

I'm told the procedure is to send the victim to the hospital where rape kits are used to collect evidence. They don't just dismiss the victim like she had reported being pick pocketed. It's violent. But she just called and went to work today. It's what I'm going through, I guess, but she's getting on my nerves. Telling me her aunt had what I have but worse and I should cheer up. Blah blah blah.

Blah.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 AM   #8  
fatter than U

Red face Pfffftt!

Sooooo....I went to the other thread and marked all the posts I wanted to comment on thinking they would show up here but they didn't so I'll just do it from memory or something.

FISH HOOKS!!! Poor little Darby muffin! Poor Kiwi's poophead dh (I still swear yours and mine were separated at birth, Kiwi!). Fish hooks are NO FUN. Speaking of small dogs and operations, our friends with the little Yorkie/Chihuahua (I can only spell that if I say "Chee-hoo-a-hoo-a to myself while I'm writing) cross came over for dinner and told us the whole saga of the puppy sniffing some sort of spikey grain up his nose last Wednesday and having to be put under to find out where the thing had gone. There are all these fields around here and apparently it's quite common for dogs to get these things hooked to their fur, ears etc, but if one goes up the nose, it can travel down into the lungs and cause a huge nasty infection leading to a complicated lung operation. Ugh. So they checked the little guy out to the tune of EUR 280 and found nothing, which is good. The thing must have dislodged itself and he either snorted it out or swallowed it. Mr. Friend was PO'd at having to pay so much money and Mrs. Friend was even MORE PO'd at him for being such a poophead (they are everywhere) and making a big deal about it. She was so mad she was practically crying at the dinner table. He'll shut up from now on.

WEDDING PICS and ANNIVERSARIES - Ahh, Painty! Those wedding pics brought a tear to my eye - you all look so adorable and happy. You and dh make a great couple and you've got great kids. The bride looks like a lovely girl. And go for that YOGA! I did a yoga/Pilates combination DVD yesterday that totally kicked my butt.

We had our 17th wedding anniversary on Saturday, same day as Wabby's dd's wedding. I got some smoked trout. Hope everything went well, Wabs!

ARABIAN NIGHTS - Kiwi, that couch looks fabulous! Isn't it great how those kids just get out there and do stuff. If I had plans for a couch it would take me 3 years to pick out the fabric, another two to cut it and then another 5 to just sit around THINKING about doing the upholstery.

PSYCHO STALKERS - Oh Bagzie! What a weird one that guy is. Truly scary. I really hope he did go home. Germany has stalking laws now but I don't know about other countries, and yes, Turkey is not in the EU yet because of human rights violations so they probably wouldn't be able to do a thing. And woohoo for your dh, but I wouldn't let him drive through the woods at night either. Can we watch him on TV somewhere?

CLIMBING THE CAREER LADDER IN A TURQUOISE PANTSUIT - Schatzi, you are going places, darling! Your outfit sounded lovely. Perfect strangers come up to me in stores all the time and say things like "Do you think this white blouse will go with my red suit, you know the one with the black trim on the lapels that I wore to my last interview?" so I just say "Oh yes! That would be perfect. And don't forget to wear that necklace your husband gave you for your birthday. It's in the back of your jewelry box underneath your pearls." and they say "Hey, I forgot all about that necklace. Thanks!" I live such a surreal life.

LCP aka PINOCCHIO - I just don't know, Peachy. She has told some tall tales before, hasn't she? It seems to be all about the drama ALL the time. How can one teensy girl have so much drama? And yes, I think the correct procedure when a woman says she has been assaulted, especially if it's been right away is to turn her over to the hospital and check for DNA stuff.

UNAPPETIZING MEDICAL PROCEDURES - Oooh, good luck on that one
Do they knock you out for it? They do here if you want them to and then it's not so unpleasant. Our neighbour told us ALL about it over the fence one day. Bleh.

FINE COOKIN' - Recipeeee for marinated chicken breasts, please, Kiweenster?

Must clean. Must iron. Must go to library and teach rowdy 10 yr old boys. Last time they didn't even turn up so I may get lucky again today.

My life is one big booooooooooore. Entertain me.

Last edited by SugP; 06-19-2007 at 02:50 AM. Reason: total discombubulation
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Sooooo....I went to the other thread and marked all the posts I wanted to comment on thinking they would show up here but they didn't
I figured out how to do that: When you go to the Reply box, look just under it and there is some fine print that says something about there's messages from another thread and do you want to include them. If you click on including them, it should refresh the page and insert them as quotes. I did it yesterday. The only drawback is they keep showing up if you reply again, until the next day or whenever cookies get refreshed I guess.

Quote:
told us the whole saga of the puppy sniffing some sort of spikey grain up his nose last Wednesday and having to be put under to find out where the thing had gone.
Oo, was that a foxtail? Those are horrible -- the way they are shaped they can work their way right into the dog's nasal cavities by themselves almost.

Quote:
We had our 17th wedding anniversary on Saturday, same day as Wabby's dd's wedding. I got some smoked trout.
Interesting gift -- maybe I should suggest that to my DH. At the moment we have enough trout in the freezer to make a fine gift. Too bad we don't have a smoker -- but I'll bet he could rig one up on the new fireplace...

Quote:
Isn't it great how those kids just get out there and do stuff. If I had plans for a couch it would take me 3 years to pick out the fabric, another two to cut it and then another 5 to just sit around THINKING about doing the upholstery.
Exactly! It boggles my mind. Right now, DD is cleaning up the corner of the living room where much of her and MY stuff comes to rest. "Do you need this old New York Times?" I keep wanting to go in there and tell her to go play or something.

Quote:
Recipeeee for marinated chicken breasts, please, Kiweenster?
hmm, the chicken breasts came out pretty well. I used that powdered buttermilk that comes in a little canister that you keep in the fridge (forever). I don't think I've ever bought buttermilk. Anyway, I made up 2 cups of that and added lots of smushed garlic and then I started tossing in spices; salt, pepper, coriander, turmeric, cardamom, mace. Whatever smelled like it would go with. I couldn't find any curry powder or I would have used that instead. They were nice and moist, and tasty enough, but if I were to do it again, I would load on the spices for more flavor, I think.

We had a lovely bbq last night. Although I think I ticked off DD'sBF by making a stink with her for changing her mind about eating dinner with us, after which I immediately turned around and invited 3 other people. She reacted to my fuss by saying she would be there, and by then I didn't have enough food, so she had BF buy something for the 2 of them to grill. Oh well, I'm sure he must know I'm psycho by now.

Along with the chicken, we grilled a mess of veggies. I bought a "grill wok" (doesn't look like a wok at all, more like a fry pan with holes in it) and it worked quite well: asparagus, mushrooms and big cherry tomatoes. Everybody seemed to love a different thing, to my surprise. DH actually raved about the tomatoes, although I thought they were too acidic. A couple of people thought the mushrooms were to die for, and the asparagus, well, let's just say I could have eaten the whole pan! I highly recommend that -- I just brushed them with olive oil with s&p and crushed garlic in it. Yum -- and healthy!

Later dahlings.

I want to go see BagzDH lecture. Is this in your town, Bagzie, or up the road? I couldn't tell by the article.

Kiwi
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Just sharing that the tests are done and except for the hiatal hernia, I am fine.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh peachie i am so happy for you---i have to admit now that your test is over that i was frightened---you know my friend has colon cancer and it is horrible---I AM SO HAPPY!!!! HIATAL HERNIAS ARE FINE--THEY ARE NICE AND GARDEN VARIETY!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #12  
fatter than U

Thumbs up better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

Hurray for hiatal hernias!!! I am SO glad that you're fine, Peachy.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #13  

Peachers soooo glad everything came out all right!

I was on more interviews yesterday...thank goodness for DHs acura with the fancyschmancy on board navigation system...lest I would still be lost! I don't have that directional gene... today I have phone interviews..and then I do believe I'm done! I'm on the fence about 2 positions and will need to do a Pro/con list to help me decide. ...

later taters
Old 06-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah Peachie, what a relief that it's over and it's not something more serious. Of course I have no idea what a hiatal hernia actually is, but I hope it is easily treated.

Aren't you glad you can put that experience behind you?

Oh come on, laugh, I had to hear that endlessly after my barium test.

Good luck figuring out the job situ, Schatz, what are the pros/cons of the latest jobs?

I have figured out the pros and cons of my trip to the beach and it looks like, in spite of gas prices, it is still cheapest to drive . There are 3 of us, which makes the biggest difference; if it were just 2 of us I would definitely take the train. As it is, this trip is just way too much money and I think this is the last year I will do it. Makes me angry and sad to think that way, because that also means I won't see my family every year if I don't make the trip, but if we just keep living on savings at our age, we will eventually be destitute unless we cut back.

Well, I finally finished painting the annoying, I mean lovely, chairs. They look fabulous of course. Unfortunately it is raining now and I can't go take pictures, but I will soon.

Kiwi
Old 06-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #15  

You're a better cow than I Kiwi...I don't think I could handle all that driving... and then just the thought of driving back...

I can totally relate to living on a budget.. The scariest time of my life was when both DH and I weren't working..I thought living off savings, no health insurance... thinking about all the possible bad outcomes..I don't know how you do it Kiwi I was soooo relieved when DH got a job... and now we'll really be able to sock some $$ away for a house, and retirement. I'm looking forward to using my brain again...as rusty as it is

Latest interviews were in Burlington and Greensboro..a tad of a haul... one was managing a claim shop, the other was heading up provider credentialing company. These 2 are out. I really didnt like managing a claim shop years ago... and the other isn't something that excites me enough to wake up each day to. The other one hasnt called me yet... sooo our interview was scheduled for 1:00 - I guess they forgot.
I talked to some of my old co-workers and an old mentor and think that I will take the Boston based job. Mentor knows that I get bored easy ..and need a challenge...
Coworker1 thinks Boston...Coworker2 is risk adverse and suggests California.

DH votes for Boston... The furbabies dont care...

Last edited by Schatzi; 06-20-2007 at 01:53 PM.