Old 05-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Default Daily check In II

Hi Ladies- I hope you all find your way over here. I would be lost without you all.

This thread is dedicated to checking in daily and keeping eachother on track. Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for starting a new thread Nikki . I'm sure the others will find us soon. I hope your Friday is going well.

Judy - No, I'm not any kind of scientist, but I love nature - especially unusual plants and birds. The only kind of chemistry I'm involved with is when I touch up my roots about every six weeks!

Carol - Your puppy sure is a bundle of energy - maybe a trip to the vets to get "tutored" is what he needs to calm down . I always think of the Far Side comic when the dog leans out of the car window bragging to another dog that he's going to the vets to get tutored. Maybe your nasty coworkers need to go to the vets too!

Marie - I hope you're having a great time skiing and swimming today.

My back is playing up because of all the gardening and I could hardly move this am. I took 2 ibuprofens so will attempt to go to Curves. I still have so much I want to do in the yard, so it's quite frustrating when the body won't cooperate! On Saturday we're going to a specialty nursery out in the country where they have mini kiwi trees. My trees are out of sync with the male blooming about a month after the two females - hence no fruit! I'm looking for a new husband for my two lady trees.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by penpal; 05-18-2007 at 09:38 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #3  

Penny It is good to see you. I hope everyone finds us. My day is so crazy I barely had time for breakfast. I'm thinking steak for dinner and maybe brocolli mmmmmm.

I hope your back feels better soon.

Nikki
Old 05-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

This will have to be quick. I have had a hectic day and am in a crummy mood at the moment. I'd hope to focus on one or two key things before packing up to leave the office, but lots of little fires needed to be put out and so much for not working late tonight

I may not be able to check in tomorrow, my travel day, but I will try. I had a good workout this morning and have been eating on program all week . I will let you know how much weight I've really lot, based on Saturday morning's weigh-in.

Nikki, thanks for getting us restarted...and Penny, I hope we are able to connect on Sunday!

judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:29 AM   #5  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Nikki thanks for contacting me and setting up the site. The ongoing contact is so helpful I think we all would be lost with out each other.
Penny oh I can picture Bear doing exactly that out the window! He is quite the man I tell you. But in many ways he is coming around and that is so nice when he does what he should do. Puppies will be puppies I am told and spaniels have high energy and spirits to boot! My back is killing me in the mornings not so nice its my lower back butt area. If it doesn't improve soon I will go see the doc. My last resort. If I take Aleve before bed or something like it I am much better in the a.m. it passes after I am up for a bit. But it does hinder the yard chores a bit. Penny I would like to send them all off to the vet. That might be a good resource to use. When their acting up next time I am going to think of what you said and just have a little giggle to my day it will be a good tool for me to use. Its funny the one tries to put all the blame on the other one. Then she tried to start telling me something about the other one I put my hand up two times and stopped her and said I really don't want to know thanks. I will continue to use that approach and not get into any of the gossip stuff. That way eventually it might stop or slow down all together. Grown woman I tell yah! My daughter says I would rather work with guys sometime I have to admit its easier but they have their issues too.The hubby and I went out for fish dinner last night I am not sure what hit me but my stomach went way off. I seem better now. Wow! Hopefully the rest of my weekend is okay. I did plan on kayaking in the morning sunday we'll see what the weather and my body is lIN. Judy hope things slow down for you. Where are you off to this time around? I did manage to go shopping for some healthy stuff before I felt yuk. So now I have no excuse I can make better choices and eat healthy. If I feel better tonight will be a grill night some meat and veggies. I am going to make some eggplant parm on sunday baked eggplant not fried. I have to work on the flower girl dresses tonight. Taking them in and putting some trim and ribbon on. It would be a good project to do and get out of the way. The wedding will be here before I know it. I am going to get my hair highlights done too. I want them done a couple of weeks ahead of time in case I want adjustments done. I am still trying to decide on how to wear my hair up or partially up or down and fluffed. So much to think about and before I know it just memories it will be. But I want it to be nice and beautiful for the day. I pray for a nice sunny beautiful day. Well talk to you all soon I plan on some gardening this weekend along with sewing exercise etc. Lots to do! Take care!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #6  

Judy- I am sorry you are in such a crummy mood. I hope you feel a bit better today.

Carol- I would be lost without you ladies. Very exciting that the wedding is fast approaching.

I have a mix of emotion that I am graduating tomorrow. I am kind of sad and lost and at the same time thought it would be a bigger deal. Tomorrow I plan to go off atkins for Dinner but right back on it Monday morning. We are going for Japeneses and I cant pass up the fried ice cream or sushi roll .

Nikki
Old 05-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, Thanks Nikki for starting the new thread. I didn't realize there was a limit to the number. I guess good to know.

So tomorrow is the graduation. It is a big deal Nikki and we are very proud of you. Look at everything you've accomplished.

Penny, while I was being a chemist with my hair (hello Garnier Hair Color) I remembered something about vinegar rinse during my youth. I'm going to look into that. You could be right on the algecide - PVC pipes - but I swore I bought non-copper algecide. I will start the vinegar rinses again but for now the hair can't go swimming for a day or two. But it's not green anymore.

Judy and Penny enjoy your get together. Carol, Judy's traveling to Oregon. Unfortunately I'm 5 hours south of Portland or I'd crash their get-together.

Carol, I hope you have the funnest time tomorrow kayaking. That's so great to go with a group (especially a young group that doesn't see that you're supposed to be "older". What a great compliment!!!

Yesterday skiing was great. DGS Mom and I had a lot of fun. A couple hiccups getting there, but we did have a great time. Here's a photo of me having a break while coming off the summit.

(note the green jacket to match the green hair.)

Because of the hiccups (south roads to the ski area were closed so we had to come from the north - Bend, OR) we stayed in Bend and went shopping. We bought loads and had a fun time. I didn't get home till 8:30 and I had dinner with DH so I didn't swim. But it allowed me to color my hair this am so that's okay. I will use the swimcap/conditioner setup to swim tomorrow (or maybe this afternoon if I live dangerously!!!)

Diet wise, doing so-so. I'm really not motivated but I'm not being bad either. I'll get going on it consistently sooner or later. As long as I'm so-so, I'm not gaining and that's all I really care about at this point.

Today I promised DH to weed wack. Oh. Loads of fun... Then I'm going to actually work on the Roman Shades for my sliding glass doors so that the sun doesn't fry my house (we took down the vertical blinds that Dear Kodiak liked to lift his leg on...) Devil Doggie...

No exercise so far today, but it's to be cooler so I'm going to take dear doggies walking. My legs are tired from yesterday. Skiing in slush is way harder on the legs then light powder. I'd never thought about that before but I guess it makes sense. Quite the workout yesterday.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #8  
Brit Chick

Nikki - I hope you enjoy your Japanese meal - the fried ice cream sounds goooood! You deserve a treat. I'm sure you'll enjoy your graduation. Our son had a great sense of relief when it was all over. Now begins the next chapter of your life and I hope it will be a happy and fulfilling one.

Carol - I'm glad you like the idea of sending your mean coworkers to the vets to get "tutored" . They need to go to learn some manners! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you have nice weather for the wedding. You must be getting really excited by now. I hope your back is feeling better. I think we both tend to overdo it with the gardening! I hope you have a great time kayaking and that the weather stays nice.

Marie - You look great in the photo. Your hair doesn't look green at all. It looks like you had good weather. Too bad you missed out on swimming but I'm sure you'll soon make up for it . Maybe Kody thought the vertical blinds were thin trees .

Judy - I'm looking forward to hopefully getting together with you tomorrow afternoon for a coffee. I hope your trip went smoothly.

I just got finished putting in some plants we bought at One Green World. They have a great website and sell by mail order if you're looking for something unusual. I bought an akebia vine and a new female kiwi. It turns out the one we have is an incompatible variety with the male. Let's hope this new arranged marriage works out and we get some little kiwis next year. Luckily they were having their annual sale so we got a good deal. I've also planted some foxgloves and delphiniums. I'm trying not to put in too many annuals as it's really a waste of money as they last such a short time. Our peonies, roses, and clematis are really looking gorgeous this year, probably because of all the rain we had this spring. I must say the bark dust really makes the flowers stand out. I'm doing quite well food-wise and have lost a pound, so I hope this is a trend.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Penny on the missing pound!!! That's fabulous.

And I owe you a BIG THANKS!!! I researched the green hair in pool and you were 100% right that it's the copper doing my hair in. So out I went to the pump house and yes my algecide is copper based. Unfortunately I have a year's worth that I will now give away. On order is a year's worth of non-copper based and a metal remover (as well as other stuff). So hopefully that will sovle the problem. I just wish I came HERE before I colored my hair. I learned the vinegar rinses, baking soda pastes, tomoto paste, and other concoctions would have removed it. At least I know for the future. So again THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a bum today other than cleaning a lot. I updated my website mariesdogs.info to put a skiing link with pictures on it. I guess I just had to play. Food has been munching on grape tomatoes (my latest addiction from costco) and cherries (also from costco). At least they're good for me.

DH didn't get the job he interviewed for so we're pretty bummed.

I'm still planning to take the doggies out but the day is slipping away.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #10  
Brit Chick

Marie - Thanks for sharing your webpage with the pictures of your adorable grandson and your fur babies. The photos from your Alaska trip are incredible. I've heard a lot of good things about Alaska cruises - maybe we'll have to go and see for ourselves one day. I'm glad my tip about the algaecide came in handy. I hope the new kind works well for your pool. Sorry to hear your DH didn't get the job he wanted. I hope another good opportunity comes along for him.

I just got home from meeting with Judy in downtown Portland where we met for a coffee. We had a good long chat about everything from exercise to knitting. Judy is a lovely lady and I'm so glad I got a chance to meet her. Hopefully some of the other ladies on our thread will be able to meet up when our paths cross.

The weather here is so cold and rainy again. I wish the weather would make up it's mind which season it is!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #11  

Hi Ladies-

Marie-You look amazing. I don't know why but I pictured you as a brunette. Kind of funny the images we can make in our heads. I hope you are feeling less bummed today.

Penny- That must have been great to meet Judy. I am glad you two got that chance.

Well ladies I am a graduate !! It feels so good. Yesterday went pretty well. My mom and dad did not kill eachother lol. However, after spending a day with dad mom is in some nasty mood. Oh wells. I graduated with honourable mention for achieving a 3.7 GPA. It was very exciting. Last night I had the most delicious dinner. However, I only ate about a third of it and gave the rest away. This was my way to try and make sure I did not gain from it. I have a job perspective lined up so everyone keep your fingers crossed , candles lit or prayers going whichever you believe in. I can use all the positive vibes I can get. I started my July 4 challenge for myself. I lowered the lossto 10 pounds so I can meet it this time. I feel so good today I guess it is because I have all my non work time to myself. I am looking forward to doing alot of house cleaning. Getting rid of the old always makes me feel better.

Nikki
Old 05-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #12  
Brit Chick

Nikki - Congratulations on your graduation I will send you lots of good vibes for the job and keep my fingers and toes crossed .

I need a challenge, so I'll join you for your July 4th goal, but I'm only going to aim for 5 lbs. I agree, Marie does look great - all that exercise she does is paying off!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #13  

Penny- Thanks I am glad you decided to join me

Nikki
Old 05-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Okay Nikki, I couldn't decide which smilie to use so you got four. The last one, the good vibes is sent your way. I hope you find the right job for you.

Penny, sounds like you and Judy had a great coffee. I wish I'd been up in Portland yesterday. The Alaskan cruise was beautiful but I wouldn't do it again - it was chilly even at the end of July and there wasn't much to do except eat. I was lucky I only gained 3 pounds in the 7 days. All I did was eat, eat, eat. We're going back to Alaska in July but are flying and staying at an awesome lodge in Fairbanks. I'm so looking forward to Denali Natl Park and DH and I are going to snowshoe. Much better than eating non-stop.

Thanks for the compliments on the photo - I take very few decent photos that I had to share one that was good.

Have you ever noticed how easily a good mood can go to pot??? I was happy as a lark an hour and half ago. But then I decided that I could handle 1 hour of yard work (I hate yard work). So I weed whacked. The whacker wouldn't work right. The line wouldn't feed and by minute 50 it totally got screwed up. It is currently sitting in the middle of the driveway - where I threw it - yes I threw it. Then there was the other part - DH was joining me on the yard work. He picked up pine cones from BEYOND the yard. There's garbage (wood, housing stuff) stacked around the house and it looks trashy. I HATE it. But no, he picks up PINE CONES from where no one would ever see them???? So my mood has gone from good to pissed (sort of like Nikki's mom sounds like). At this point I'd like to go to work instead of having a day off.

BTWm I do feel better letting of steam.

So I'm going to work on improving my mood and I'll probably come back later.
Marie
Old 05-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #15  
Brit Chick

Marie - I hope you got over your hissy fit over the pine cones by now! I know exactly what you mean. My DH mows down by the river, where you can't see it from the house and leaves the grass 6" high in the front and back yards. I keep my mouth shut because I can't drive the tractor mower and I know what his answer would be! I hate our weed wacker, my arms vibrate for two days if I use it or the hedge trimmer, so I usually don't do those jobs. Oh the joys of country living! The pluses outweigh the minuses though and I still love it here. I'm going to have to wheedle my DH into getting the mole traps set soon before the little varmints take over the whole yard. The trip you're planning to Fairbanks sounds awesome - even better than your cruise. I'm afraid I'd blimp up if I took a cruise - too many eating opportunities!