Old 06-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Week of 6/18

Hey guys! So I have a question for you all. There's been a bunch of stuff going on at work here, and I've (basically) been offered a temporary position for a year in Maryland. Now, DH doesn't want to move. He completely supports me going, though. I can't commute up and down every week though (well I COULD but work wouldn't pay for it). I will have to live down there.

Now, as far as work goes, this opportunity is HUGE. It could REALLY propel my career forward. BUT, I have to go through a year without DH there, only seeing him about every other weekend, and my doctors are all in RI. Now the doctors I'm sure I could transfer for a while or travel back up here to see them. The position would require me traveling back up here every 10-12 weeks anyway. But it would also mean putting baby plans off for a while.

What do you guys think? Should I seriously consider the position? I still am... but at the same time I'm also not. The situation kind of sucks =( I wish they were offering 6 months and not a year because I'd jump on that right away!

In weight news, I've been doing well and eating really well. Yesterday we had a big cookout and I had most of my points in one meal. Didn't eat any other meal, but still. I was SO tired after I had to take a nap. My tummy isn't used to that much food at one time!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:58 PM   #2  
Running Babe

Lori: I'd say go for it as long as you're sure your med care down there would be good.. It would only put baby plans on hold for a while, you can try while you're on contract right (I mean you will see you DH from time to time ). Anyhoo good luck with your decision making, but yah, it seems like you want to jump at the chance and if your gut is agreeing wit you then go for it!!

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #3  

Ali - Well that is the problem! I feel as if taking this job means we would HAVE to put baby plans off for the whole year. My department head is telling me not to worry about such things, but I really don't want to be seen as the person who makes a commitment and backs out. Of course, I am going down there at the end of July to shadow the guy who is there now and who knows, I might HATE the work and not want to go anyway!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I agree with Ali! If its something you really want. . .(You'll see when you go down there) Go for it!
at WI last night I was down to 139 that was with bloating and a big sandwich for lunch.
This morning I got up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I actually worked out! Earned 2 points which i may or may not eat as I now have dropped down to 19 pts.
Gotta go hit the showers don't want to be aromatic for the dentist!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #5  

I was up a pound at WI last night. Disappointed. I thought I would stay the same and I was OK with that... didn't think I would go up. I had an off day on Sunday in that I ate everything in about 1 huge meal (cookout) so I think that is why. Hopefully it will only take my body a few days to re-adjust!

The other thing with moving to Maryland and maybe getting pregnant when I am down there is.... well I would be pregnant and in Maryland and my husband would be in Rhode Island. I wouldn't be looking forward to that!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

NSV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wearing size 8 pants! For the first time in my life I'm wearing a single digit!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #7  

CONGRATS KIER! Thats wonderful! Are you going to have to go buy new clothes now?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I have 3 bags of new to me clothes from my sis and some of them are new with Tags!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm trying to estimate pts for the egg salad I had for lunc. . .Root canal no fun i can't eat anything chewy etc.
I don't think it had rregular mayo in it b/c regular mayo makes me want to hurl.
I had about a cup
Old 06-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Lori: Figure out what is best. Pregancy lasts a long time, so perhaps try getting pregnant next spring and by the end of the contract you'll get to spend plenty of time with your DH pregnant.

Kierie: Yah yah yah! That's awesome!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #11  

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to go to Maryland. I would be considered high risk for pregnancy, and I've decided I don't want to "go it alone" down there. I've also decided I don't want to put it off. I have to go off the drug that keeps me in remission when I get pregnant, and so its really risky to begin with. The doctors say now is a good time, so why would I want to wait?

Besides, the meeting I had today certainly made my decision easier. Kinda boring. But I am told the job itself isn't like that. So I'm still going to wait until I go down there in July to see what its like, but I'm really leaning towards not going.

Oh a weight related note, I was up 1 pound at weigh in Monday. And was disappointed. I wanted to stay the same. I thought I would... I don't know what happened. And between yesterday and today I was up 0.8 pounds! I don't know whats going on lately. I'm planning and not eating over my points, I've been exercising just a little more.... been drinking all my water, getting all my calcium, certainly eating all my veggies. Maybe its just a phase I need to push though
Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #12  
going thin

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3

Hello Everyone! I am back from vacation and up about 5lbs but it may be more who knows what may catch up to me in the next couple of days! We had a great vacation but next year we are skipping Disneyworld and going to head somewhere for adults with no children. It will be nice for me and my husband to reconnect without the kids!

Lori, your decision is a tough one! It sounds to me like you wanted a baby for a long time and you sounded so excited when you decided you were going to try to get pregnant. I guess what I am saying is jobs will come and go and there will be a new opportunities with your career your whole life. You do not get those chances with raising children or having children. If your doctors are sure the time is now given your medical history I would stay with the baby plan. Sorry if you didn't want such a direct answer!

KIER!!! SIZE 8!! AWESOME JOB!!!! My goal right now is to be comfortable in a size 14!! YOU ROCK!

Going to a soccer game tonight! Still struggling with busy nights and eating. I need to plan better!
stengel150 is offline   Reply With Quote