UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 09:06 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Weekly Weigh In Thread - No. 6

Hello Everyone

We all seem to be feeling a bit 'down' right now - so I thought I would post these quotes that my diet buddy sent to me today:

Transformation doesn't necessarily happen overnight. When we travel down life's highway, we make small shifts. A slight move today, another shift tomorrow, and in six month's time, we will find ourselves in a totally new place. - Mary Mannin Morrissey

Committed people are like an aircraft set on autopilot, drifting off-course 90% of the time. It is when we recognize what has happened, re-orient, re-center and re-commit that we are able to shift ourselves back on course. Celebrate yourself as a drift-and-shift work of art.

Acknowledge that dreams worth having do not usually manifest easily or quickly. Know that you will need to re-commit again and again.

Use enlightened perseverance. Your original vision may be beautiful, but allow your mind be spacious enough to allow the vision to change. It will reflect the growing spiritual strength and awareness you develop as you do what is needed to manifest your dream. Love grows everything bigger. - Kathlyn and Gay Hendricks

Every ACTION of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity. - Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to DO what lies clearly at hand.- Thomas Carlyle

Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want wants you. But you have to take ACTION to get it. - Jack Canfield

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance. -Samuel Johnson

Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist but in the ability to start over. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old 03-12-2002, 09:41 AM   #2  

Thank you for posting that Sarah, I for one am definitely feeling down at the moment. Diet is not going too well, I seem to be lacking motivation. Plus my nan is in hospital recovering from a major operation and is very frail and frightened (she is nearly 90). My sister is also awaiting the results of a biopsy.

Although I haven't posted much in the last few days, I have been reading all the posts and its definitely helping to me to recommit myself to getting back on track. So far so good, I am OP today.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #3  

Oh god someone has gone mad on the colour havent they???? Sorry!!
Old 03-12-2002, 12:24 PM   #4  

Sarahs a little piggy oink oink or is that me!!
Old 03-12-2002, 12:28 PM   #5  

SHES GONE!!!!!! YESSSSSS
WELL DONE ALL YOU LOSERS AND NON LOSERS, REMEMBER NEXT WEEK IS A DIFFERENT WEEK! oops caps im terrified to weigh in on friday now that woman has drove me to the goodie bag im afraid
Old 03-12-2002, 04:43 PM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Well by the skin of my teeth I managed to stay the same this week. But like a few other people my motivation is at a low. Things happening at work aren't helping & Ray working nights is hellish - no one to keep me on the straight & narrow.

Well done to everyone who lost and to those who didn't , if we stick to eating healthy & exercise it will come off - it's the law - ha ha ha

Geneve don't you dare go anywhere ........

Carol
Old 03-13-2002, 02:29 AM   #7  

just re-read the posts properly i hope no one thought i was saying YESSSSSS because geneve had gone .........i was talking about the mother in law from ****......geneve stick around hun, because even if your ntoo sticking quite to your diet the girls here will still help you to get back into it, i think even if i went off diet for a bit id still come here to prove to myself that yes ordinary people do lose the weight it isnt just that one person once a week that shows up in the sun
Old 03-13-2002, 04:02 AM   #8  

I am a happy bunny - after a very difficult week, where I was sure I'd have put on at least a pound - I lost two!! now 12st9.5lbs, only four pounds from my first goal.

I really appreciated and enjoyed your words of wisdom, Sarah. Thank you.

Good luck to everyone getting on the scales today!!

BTW has anyone tried Butter Buds from Lakeland Plastics?
Old 03-13-2002, 04:05 AM   #9  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

WELL DONE, KIZZIE!

What are the butter buds??
Old 03-13-2002, 04:17 AM   #10  

Angry

Butter Buds are wee sachets of powder that taste remarkably like butter. You can sprinkle them on veg, add them to mash etc. The best bit is they contain NO FAT and only 20 CALORIES a sachet!! They're pretty good. Only £4 for about 40 or 50 sachets and you really only need to use 1/2 of one per person.

The only place I've seen them is Lakeland.
Old 03-13-2002, 05:48 AM   #11  

Default This weeks weigh in

Having gained 2lb while on holiday last week i have managed to loose 1/2lb of it this week. I was hoping for a bigger loss as i have not strayed from plan at all this week but as it is TOM I suppose it may show up next week.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:14 AM   #12  

Where has Geneve gone?? I hope your not leaving us because your not happy with your weight loss/feel unmotivated. Because last year (Oct, Nov, Dec) I wasn't even dieting I was so miserable, fat and just couldn't get into it, but Sarah, Veggie and Ali kept me going through the bad patch and now I'm back on track and lost 18lbs - if I can do it ANYBODY can do it!!!

Something that I have done to help me shift some weight is to finally admit to myself that I can't diet - it makes me think of food too much!! I am just eating sensibly and healthily and cutting back, if I wan't something, I'll flippin' well have something but just try to make up for it before or after the event - I hope that doesn't sound pious, but it's truthfully what I've been doing since January 2nd and so far it's working.

Everybody here is in the same boat, and we all go through good patches and bad patches - don't give up - were all here for you.

Tracy well done on the half lb - we seem to get a bit down when we "only" lose half a pound but you pick up a packet of butter and imagine it stuck to your bum
Old 03-13-2002, 08:09 AM   #13  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Yes, come back Geneve!! You can't just leave you need permission..........and we won't give it ....
Old 03-13-2002, 04:24 PM   #14  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

YAHOO>>>>>4LBS OFF!!
Sorry I had to shout that from the rooftops it has been so slow over the last couple of weeks, i have really tried tpo hang in there and for once in my life it has paid off, phew I am so happy
so it is into the next stone for me 16-10, now I have to be good cos I mean business!
Old 03-13-2002, 04:31 PM   #15  

well done on the 4lb loss TQ glad that you're hanging in there has paid off - my losses have been slow lately but i will hang in there also and hope that the same works for me eventually!!

Tracy
Closed Thread