Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 09:33 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#137

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:48 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Mornin my Friends~~I just started the new thread, and I don't know how many of you will get it, but I may get throwed out of here. OH well!!! No one was here except Jen. I had a good day yesterday staying on plan. I wrote everything down and had a hard battle fighting wanting to eat last night. BUT I WON!!!
Jen~~Sorry you lost your post. Been there done that, but not in a long time. Do you use outlook express for you email. I copy all the post to answer and write out the answers in outlook. Even if I would get knocked off line I don't lose what I wrote. When I'm through I copy it and paste it in and submit. Works good. And you have spell check. I have a tamplet made up with everyone's names and they keep the same color. I have everything I need right there to copy and paste it into my post. even the smilies and the size of font. Makes it very easy. If you use outlook, I'll send you a copy and you can make yourself one. I don't thank I have your email address though, so leave me a IM if you want a copy. As you can see I didn't use the tamplet this morning so you didn't get your color. I don't even know what it is, because I just look for your name when I write to anyone.

Have a good day girls. I'm going to have a really good one, going to tackle the cabinet making and I love to build things out of wood.
Old 03-10-2002, 12:48 PM   #3  

Hello Everyone,

Hope your having a nice relaxing weekend. We were busy yesterday but today is my quiet day. I do have to run over to the store for milk and bread but other than that, I'm going to piddle around here. I may even read for awhile.

Marlana, thanks for starting the new thread. I tried to last night but I have to minimize aol and bring it up on Internet Explorer and I couldn't get that to load. I guess I could of started it on AOL but I can't copy and paste from one thread to another for some reason. Very aggrivating. Oh well, I'm getting off aol. I saw an ad for a isp that is only 8.00 a month. I'm going to check that out. Why will you get throwed out of here?

Tobey, I didn't want to do a thing this weekend. I just wanted to stay home but we are still lugging laundry over to mil's to do until we get our sewer problem fixed. Dh has to get ahold of the sewer company to find out when they will be digging up our yard. Oh I hate having that done but the problem just gets worse each year. Isn't it amazing how much you can spend for one little tooth??? I remember the days when you just paid for the work you had done, maybe $25 for a filling and that was it and now its about $100 for a filling. Ridiculis.

Skeeter, that picture of your fish turned out really good. I've got to start playing around with the digital camera dh bought me, maybe I'll get some pics of the dog today. My back is much better now.

Jen, I've done that before, wrote a long post and closed it out before posting and once I even hit the back button one to many times. I hope your having a great weekend.

Sally, hope your having a great weekend to. Take care everyone.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:48 PM   #4  

Afternoon all. I needed to come in and vent just a little.
Hubby is doing it again. His diet apparently did not last longs. It all started the other night. I had went to the store to buy some steaks for supper. We had not had much beef and I wanted something on the grill. Well, I also bought some chicken. I thought I could get my moneys worth out of the charcole by cooking two meal and some lunch. Well there was some hamburger meat in the fridge and he put it on to cook it to keep it from going bad. That was good. Well he sits and eats 3 hamburgers that night. Can you believe. I had a small steak and baked fries. He even eats a whole plate of fries. Well that was the end of his diet. He has done nothing but eat since. And what does he eat. All the diet stuff so now there is only one orange and a can of mixed fruit. He has in the last two days eaten 4 bags of popcorn. Lite. a whole loaf of wheat bread. A jar of peanut butter all the other fruit. He even ate all the chicken that was cooked. He does not seem to understand that just because it is good for you you can eat it all the time without stopping. You still have to watch how much of it you are eating. So now I have to go to the store and buy more food and spend even more money that we don't have just to be able to get through the week. I am going to have to hide me some food in my car or at work just to be able to eat. That is so sad.And he is really getting on my last nerve anyway. Like I need more stress in my life. GRRRR>
Any who. I did go off program last night. It was not with food though. Bad me. But I am back on today. I need to eat. I feel so bloated that I am not hungry. But it is not good for me not to eat. I still have mega points to eat today. like 20. Oh well I guess I will be having a WW cake for dinner tonight.
Marlana way to go on winning that battle. It is so hard some days just to stay op. I had to fight it both Thurs and Friday night this week. It is now High School ball season and that means concession stands. And for some reason they never have anything that we can eat. But I did not eat anything there on Thursday night and I knew it would be late Friday night when we got home so I took extra in my lunch so that I could eat. But on good thing is that I stay so nervous at the games that I am not really hungry anyway. My daughter is the starting varsity pitcer. Talking about stress. But she is doing really good this year. She also made varsity cheerleader. Now we have to come up with the money to pay for the uniforms for that. Oh well. For some reason she has become girlly on me. She has always been a softball player and is really aggresive in that. But now it is the beauty pagents and cheerleading go figure.
Oh yeah one more thing. All of you keep your fingers crossed. I am going to sign for a job at work that will mean almost 2 more dollars an hour. It will be job coaching. It is the position that was left open when the lady quit last week. I don't know if I will get it but it sure would be nice. I would still be able to have daily contact with my clients just not have to stay in a classroom allday. I will be able to get out of that place. That is the major plus to the job. Well gotta run. Take care and I will talk to you all later
Teresa
Old 03-10-2002, 05:42 PM   #5  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone.

It has been really hot here for the past couple of days. I held off until Saturday to turn the a/c on and you won't believe it but it won't work. Now this unit is only as old as this house which will be 3 in April. It comes on and sounds like it is working but the air coming out is only cool and not much of it. I have called a repairman who will be here on Tuesday. Guess we will enjoy nature until then.

Marlana~That furniture is really great. Do you by any chance fix air conditioners too? I cleaned and chopped all the mustard greens that hubby picked up for me yesterday. I started on them as soon as we got home from church and got them all cooked. They are so good. Thanks for starting the new thread.

Jen~That's a wonderful idea. We can plant tomatoes and get all my bushes and shrubs pruned. Just go out your driveway and head south. As you start feeling warmer weather, bare left a little and you'll come right to Florida. It is so frustrating to lose a post as I'm sure we have all done it at one time or another.

JoJo~I just love that picture of the fish. My friends camera really takes great pictures. That is also my favorite color of fishes. I will attach another one with this post. I met with a childhood friend yesterday and we had a wonderful visit. We see each other occasionally when I go up north but this is the first time that she has come to my house.

Teresa~Well this is the place to come to vent. We have to do whatever it takes to eat the foods that we need to lose weight. If that means hiding certain things then so be it. My husband is always refusing to go down the snack isle at the store and telling me that he doesn't need any snacks. So I buy myself the WOW chips and he then eats them. The last time that we went, I just loaded the cart with the things that he likes to eat and he has left my chips alone so far. Men!!!!!!!

I gotta go, we are going to our friends house this evening until it cools off some. Y'all have a great evening.
The attachment is of my violet fish. The top of his head is a very light lavender that is not visible in the picture.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:25 AM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~This one will be a fast post, I've got 2 kids here and they will only let me type 10 words before they have to have something else. I just realized that I forgot to weigh this morning, I've already had breakfast so I ain't going to do it now....Tomorrow. This is going to be a long day, and wouldn't you know it, today is the day it's going to rain.

Jo Jo~~I sent you an email explaining why I might get throwed out of here. About the ISP your thanking of getting. My advice is don't get one off the web, or at least don't pay for it up front, I lost about 50.00 on one that went out of business and I had no way of getting it back.

Teresa~~Sorry to hear your hubby is of the wagon. It happens, if it didn't we all would be thin right now. My hubby is still losing and get this....I ask him yesterday how much he had lost and he said I don't know, "I haven't weighed." I can't EVEN imagine dieting and not weighing. He isn't obsessed with food like I am. He just made up his mind to eat different and he is and he's losing. The 3 miles a day is a big help. He says he is going to start lifting weights too. Hope you get the job.

Skeeter~~You've caused me to worry about my air not starting this year. Right now I've got the heater and air not working in my truck. It works I just can't get the controls to work. And I've got to call the garage about it and hubbies car today. His car has anti-freeze leaking out, brake that needs work and the air went out at the end of summer. I dread the bill on that stuff. OH yes, I forgot the RV is leaking transmission fluid too. grrrrrrrrrrrr Don't even want to thank of all these doctor bills to pay......and our house insurance is due this week, 650.00. Now I'm depressed.

I'm done. Bye
Old 03-12-2002, 06:33 AM   #7  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I finally made it back in here--I've been getting up so late in the mornings I hardly have time to get to work on time; actually I haven't been getting to work on time ! Fortunately my supervisor doesn't care.
How's everyone doing? Teresa, I found one of your posts over on a new thread, but I don't know how to move it over to ours---I read it anyway. My hubby hasn't exactly fallen off the wagon, but he does eat all the food I've bought for myself for the week--either he does or the kids do. So I've learned to stock a little pantry in my credenza in my office at work! My oldest has decided she wants to be a cheerleader in middle school, which is one and a half years away for her, so I guess we'll start the tumbling lessons this summer. They have to do soooo much more than they did when I was a cheerleader (30 years ago! ). My supervisor's daughter is a cheerleader in high school, and she told me they had to take out a second mortgage to pay for all the lessons and uniforms and stuff. Yuck!
Skeeter, I wish we could turn on our air! At least we haven't had to have the heat on lately; it's supposed to be 75 by the weekend and I think we're going camping if it doesn't rain. You probably just need some freon in your compressor thingie (I'm very technical!). Hubby has a refrigerant license and can buy that stuff cheaper...shall I send him down? I can come along and have a few snacks while he's working! We'll be in Orlando at the land of the Big Eared Mouse in June.....I don't much feel like going right now; it is just a lot of packing, unpacking, laundry and trying to do dishes in cold water in the camper to me! I'll get in the vacation mode by June, I guess. I hope!
Hi JoJo--how's your back doing? I hope you're feeling better by now. My friend at work has scheduled to have her house connected to the sewer today---she had to spend mega bucks to have it done. Everything is so expensive, you're right. She said it has gotten to the point where she can't use her washer, can't flush, can't do much of anything with the water anymore. And it's raining today! So they won't come. I hope she doesn't have to go to the end of the line now. We don't even have a sewer to hook up to here, so I hope we don't start having trouble.
Mama, don't get depressed over money---it's not worth it! It does seem like everything breaks at once, though, doesn't it? How did you do with the kiddies yesterday? Mine are out of school Thursday and Friday, but they are going to daycare Thursday at their school, and Friday they are home with Papa since he's off on most Fridays. I'm sure the house will be destroyed when I get home from work!
Tobey girl, hope you're doing well! Marybeth, come and see us, and how is the job search going? Jen, hope you're doing good!
I guess I'd better run and get the girlies up for school; my attorney has filed a motion to set my case against the ex for trial, so hopefully that whole mess will be settled soon. Not soon enough for me! Oh, and I forgot to weigh yesterday, so I guess I'll wait til next Monday....I'm sure I'll have lost at least 10 more pounds by then

Talk to you all later---love you !
Sally
Old 03-12-2002, 01:53 PM   #8  

Good afternoon gals. I finally got a chance to get in here and post. Those of you with the crazy fishes will understand this. I got another baby this weekend. She's a tiny tabby kitten, so cute. She still has her baby blue eyes. And the neatest part, she has an extra toe on each foot. Looks like she has little monkey feet. She woke my up this morning trying to nurse on my nose. How sweet.

I've been doing fair with my Self Challenge. The hard part for me is the diet. I've been back to regular exercise and my hip is finally starting to feel better. I just wish I hadn't bought so many Girl Scout Cookies. What was I thinking???

I wish I had time to post to everyone today, but I have to study for 2 midterms tomorrow, and run to the grocery store later this afternoon. Have a healthy day.

Jen
Old 03-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #9  

Hello Everyone.

Hope you having a good week. Its going to slow for me. I've got the week of April 1st off and it can't get here fast enough for me.

Jen, your new furrbaby sounds so cute. When my cat finally kicks the bucket (not that I want her to but she's getting up there), I'd love to get a kitten that has not been around any dogs cause I know my dog would love to have a kitty around that likes her. My cat hates my dog and she just tries to get the cat to play but she just hisses. DH said no more cats but I can get around that real easy.

Sally, I don't recall cheerleaders in middle school either. Of course, I wasn't all that athletic and didn't really enjoy school sports or gym class very much. Oh, my back is pretty good right now. It seems like I'm getting flare-ups closer together tho. I just hope this isnt a chronic thing. I don't deal with pain very well.

Marlana, I think the isp I saw advertised was a local one. I'm going to check it out tho. I may go back to the other one I used to have if I can get a better connection speed. 28000 just does not cut it. Do you still have the kids? They will definetly keep you busy. I guess the real trick is keeping the occupied. Do they try to mess with your fish? Oh how are your fish lately?

Skeeter, it turned into a gorgeous day here today. A little cool but nice enuff for a lite jacket. Hopefully it will be quite awhile before we need to turn on the a/c. I like having a few months where you don't pay for heating or a/c. Did you get your a/c fixed yet? We've got an extended warranty on ours but its hard to get ahold of the guy who is supposed to service the heater or a/c. Usually the heat will go out when its super cold or very hot. Never fails.

Teresa, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you that you get that job. They were saying on the news that the Governor was threatening even more layoffs than he first said. What makes me so mad (here is go, on my soap box again), he is trying to make the union look bad for not agreeing to open our contract and take unpaid days off and not take our raises this year but he is the one who got our state in the mess its in and he's just trying to take the spotlight off his screw-up. I would hate to be the next Governor who would have to clean up his mess. Enuff of this. I'm getting mad again.

Girls, I've got to get myself back on a food & exercise plan. My clothes are starting to get tight on me again and I'm scared to get on the scale. Dh wants to try to lose weight to. So I'm working on my motivation. The thought of exercising gags me right now. But I just don't do as well without it. I'll get sick of me very soon and get myself going again. I"m just not quite there yet.

Oh, the union got a temporary restraining order against the ruling that we have to take unpaid days off. I bet the Govs furious.

Well, I've got to get off here now. Dang this mouse. I'm buying a new one this weekend. Its the cord that is causing the problem and I get mad every time I use it. Take care everyone. Gosh, I hope I don't sound like an old grouch tonight.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:54 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone.

We went to our local tourist attraction today and bought season tickets. Some of you might have heard of it, Silver Springs. It is a crystal clear spring fed river and has glass bottom boat rides, jungle cruise boat rides, a jeep safari ride and lots of animal shows and exhibits. We didn't get to see it all today so will go back soon since our visits are free for the next year. They also have a lot of outdoor music concerts there that we can now attend for free also. It was in the 80's today and being around the water sure was cooler.

Marlana~The a/c guy showed up a day early and found no freon in our a/c. He filled it up and it is working but the big question is why was it out of freon? He didn't test it for a leak so we will play a waiting game to see if it leaks out again or was just low from the warehouse. Either is a possibility. Grandkids are such a joy but they sure tire me out. This is our time of year for taxes on the house and homeowners insurance. We sure don't need the expense of a new a/c unit right now.

Teresa~I found your post too. WTG losing 3# more. You are doing good. You have to do what is right for you at work and not let your supervisor's opinion get in your way. She might be trying to keep you under her because she doesn't want to lose you. Good luck, I hope you get the job.

Sally~Well you were right about the a/c. Maybe you and your hubby should come down and check it out. You remember Silver Springs don't you? I just love that place. I had my fill of Disney World way back in the 70's and 80's and was sick of Orlando and the traffic by the time that Universal opened up. I am satisfied with going to Silver Springs which was the first tourist attraction in this state. It is surprising how popular it still is. I hope that you have a good time camping in Orlando this summer. It should be hot enough that you could leave a couple of gallons of water out in the sun each day to heat up for washing dishes. We used to do that here years ago when we camped on this property on weekends.

Jen~That new kitty sounds so cute. What did you name it? Does your boyfriend still have one of your cats at his house? The girl scouts got us too. We went to Wal Mart last week and bought some sugar free cookies and as we were leaving the store, guess what was outside the door? Right, girl scouts selling those delicious bites of heaven. My husband couldn't resist buying a few boxes but half of them went straight into the freezer when we got home.

JoJo~You are sure right about the timing of the mechanical failure with the a/c or heat and it is always between Friday and Sunday. We were just lucky enough to get the guy on the phone on Sunday and an appointment set up for Tuesday. He then called on Monday and said that he was going right by our house and might as well stop by and check it out. He was a really nice man and only charged us $45 which included over 50 feet of wire for us to install a new thermostat. We don't like the one that we have and want a digital one. He was recommended to us by several different people and now we know why. He knows his stuff and is honest too. That is hard to find these days.

Well ladies, it has been a long day for me and I am getting really tired and can hear my bed calling to me. Take care everyone.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:22 AM   #11  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I'm so tired this morning and I really need to go back to sleep, but I have too much ground to cover today to do that. I'm deep into my building project and need to get out there and get some things done before I got to town. Yep..shopping day. Other than that not a darn thing going on here.
Sally~~Is my hubby the only one hanging in on his diet? He would be!!! And you was a cheer leader? I guess we all had better days in the past as for as our bodies are concerned. I was the year book queen in my senior year. The first one the school ever had. I was a pretty good looking chick back then. What the **** happened???????????? I'm too old for kiddies!!!!!!!

Jen~~I see your on the run again trying to keep up with everything. Kitten's are so cute, but they grow up. Do you know what the extra toe on your new kittie means, I'll tell you. She is inbread.(that is spelled wrong) Meaning her daddy and mother are kin in some way. Maybe she's her own grand ma.

Jo Jo~~I live so for out in the country that my speed is always 28. I hope to get a faster puter one of these days and that will help some. I only had the kids for one day, and thats long enough. They love the fish. I found crackers in the bowl for one of my Betta's. I guess he didn't eat any of them, if he did they didn't hurt him.

Skeeter~~I've heard of Silver Springs. I'd love to go there sometime. I need to lose some weight so I wouldn't fall through the bottom of the glass bottom boats. I guess if I fell through, people would thank I was a well dressed whale. Just and thank about it Skeeter, there had to be a way for that freon to get out on the AC system. Unless it wears out. How for do you live from Silver Springs? All your running around is making me tired.
Old 03-13-2002, 01:35 PM   #12  

Hi gang

Well once again I am behind. As usual I didn’t get in on the weekend to post. Although I did read most of them. Then on Monday, I didn’t get a chance to get in as I had my appointment with the oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. Well it’s official. All four are coming out on Thursday, March 28th. And yes, if you check your calendar’s that is the day before Good Friday. What a way to spend the long weekend. Well at least I don’t have to worry about over doing it at Easter dinner! And for the record I did come to post yesterday but was having a heck of a time with my connection. I know excuses, excuses.

Well my run home last Friday went so well that I have decided to try and do it at least once a week. And since today is supposed to be the nicest day this week, I will be doing it again today.

Skeeter: Wow you have been having some nice weather. Our weather has been really screwy. On Saturday it got up to 65F and was sunny. But then on Sunday, the high was only 28F and we got a wicked windstorm. There were gusts close to 70mph! When I run, I always play it safe in case something happens. When I run home from work, I carry a quarter, a credit card, and my transit pass. I run right along the subway line so I can easily catch a ride home if anything were to go wrong. That was a beautiful picture of Moby! Oh the violet fish is just as gorgeous! Silver Springs sounds like a great place!

Marlana: Sounds like you had a storm similar to the one we had here on Sunday. I can’t stand wind. I will definitely be happy when I am on a 6-month schedule of seeing the dentist. You sure have a talent for building things! My talent is buying things. 2 kiddies in the house + Rain = 1 stressful day!! How did it go?

Jen: I have lost some beautiful posts before too. Of course they were my poignant ones too! Now, I type everything out in Word and then copy and paste it onto the board. Sounds like your training is going well. What is the date of your run again? Oh I just read your post about your new baby! I had a tabby with the extra toe (she stayed with my mom when I moved away 7 years ago). I remember when she was a kitten her paws looked like huge mittens!!! She did eventually grow into them though. Did you know there is an actual term for kitties with extra toes? They are called “polydactyls” Here is a website about them: http://messybeast.com/poly-cats.html Hope your midterms went well today.

Jojo: I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was so beautiful so dh and I hopped a subway and went downtown for the day. Then it turned sooooo miserable on Sunday that I just stayed home and did absolutely nothing. It felt really good. I can’t believe that you are still lugging your laundry around. That must be a big pain in the a**. It is amazing how much you can drop for your teeth. When I went to the oral surgeon, he charged me $99 for a 15-minute consultation! It is going to cost close to $1,300 to have my wisdom teeth removed (not including the above mentioned $99). At least insurance should cover about 90% of that. Oh yah on top of that I will have to get prescription drugs as well. Oh well what’s a girl to do? Funny how the days leading up to vacation go by so slow but then the actual vacation days go by too fast.

Teresa: I don’t blame you one bit for being frustrated with your hubby. However, I think you need to step and be your own person. Don’t let what he is doing to himself determine how you feel. I know that is easy said than done. If you need to hide food in your car or at work than do it. Just be true to yourself. Sounds like your daughter is doing great. You should be one proud mama! I have my fingers, toes, eyes, etc. crossed for you and that job. GOOD LUCK!

Sally: Sounds like things have been busy for you! I sure hope everything gets settled with your ex soon. Excuse me for saying but – what a jerk. I can’t wait to hear the results of your next weigh in. Sounds like it will be impressive! You will be a bikini babe by summer!

Well I guess I had better go and get some work done.

Happy thought to you all!

Tobey
Old 03-14-2002, 06:30 AM   #13  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
How's everyone doing today? I'm running late as usual....I haven't been on time for much of anything for the last 9 years; I blame it on the oldest mutt, but I think it's me! My mind runs 90 miles an hour all the time, and I keep thinking of things I need to do, and don't have time. I'm a type A personality, I'm afraid. Then I start running late and that makes me even more nervous! Anyway, I have a minute, so I wanted to pop in and say howdy do.
Mama, I'm glad you made it thru the babysitting okay; sounds like they at least tried to feed your fish! Yes, alas I was a cheerleader in high school---I weighed 96 pounds when I graduated--a nice trim size 3 I was. I hate to even look at my yearbooks, and I haven't shown them to the kids or Jeff--they wouldn't know who that little skinny kid was! Maybe one day! I doubt I'll ever be a size 3 again, but I would settle for a 6.
Jen, your kitty makes me want another one now! Stop that! Aren't those Hemingway kitties? I think he had some with 6 toes and the ones now are descended from his, or at least some of them are, I guess. Our littlest kitty is a year old Saturday, so she's officially a cat then, I suppose....I got her at WalMart; a lady had a box of them out front (sort of like the Girl Scout cookies, Skeeter!), and I made the mistake of looking in the box. I'm one of those people who would take in every stray they saw. Anyway, she's a most wonderful kitty, and even Jeff likes her and he's not a cat person.
Skeeter, I do remember Silver Springs! We went there a lot when I lived in Orlando. When I lived down there, Disney World wasn't even built yet!! So I've never been, nor have the girls; Jeff hasn't been in many years, so it will be new for all of us. I would like to go by and see if our old house is still in Orlando, though--I bet it looks a lot smaller than I remember it--you know how big stuff looks when you're 4 years old! I'll have to remember that about putting the water outside for the dishes--hadn't thought of that! We're staying in Fort Wilderness campground, which sounds pretty nice.
Tobey, you're almost done with those teeth aren't you? That wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be! I hope the wisdom ones don't give you any trouble either. I hope I have a good weigh in Monday---bikini, I don't know about. I may never do a bikini anymore, but I do have a neat one piecer that I couldn't get into last summer, and hopefully this summer...... It's a size 8, so I've got a way to go!
Teresa, hope you're doing well--you just continue right on with your eating plan and leave Mr. Piggy behind! He'll be sorry! That's what I tell Jeff when he pigs out, but men lose weight so much quicker usually, he can still pass me back up.
JoJo, how's the back? Sounds like you're feeling better lately. Hubby still working? I'm not real athletic anymore either, and I wish I was; it would make this a lot easier, wouldn't it?
Love you all, and hope you have a good day; we're not camping this weekend, cause it's supposed to rain, so maybe I can sneak in here sometime this weekend. Love you!
Sally
Old 03-14-2002, 09:29 AM   #14  

Hi All

Hmmm, not much to report. I ran home last night, had a quick bite, had a bath, watched some TV, went to sleep.

Sally: So glad that you managed to get in and post. I hate being late so I over compensate and am way too early for everything (no kids you see). I am always the first one to arrive at a party or any other function. Yes I am so close to be done with this dentist business. My wisdom teeth come out in exactly 2 weeks from today and I am done with all of my major work. YIPPEE! Expect for an implant which will have to wait until 2003 – I have maxed out my insurance for this year. I think it will be kind of funny to tell people that I have an implant – but only one. I have never worn a bikini and don’t know if I ever would. However, last year I did treat myself to a Ralph Lauren Tankini and love that. The rate you’re going, I’m sure you’ll be able to show that one piece this summer. Jeff better keep a close eye on you.

Well I think is one of the shortest posts I have ever done!

THINK SPRING!

Tobey
Old 03-14-2002, 02:37 PM   #15  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone.

Today is a much needed stay at home day for me. We had one of those all day shopping trips yesterday and that was just for groceries and stuff from Wal Mart. I fixed a big salad today and a double batch of JoJo's dreamcycle using sugar free Jell-O and pudding. My husband loves it.

Marlana~We have our fingers crossed that the a/c will last until we can build our savings account up a little more. That termite treatment depleted it too much for us to feel comfortable in spending any more out of it right now. Silver Springs is the first thing that we come to every time that we head to Ocala and is about 24 country miles from here. The springs there start the Silver River that flows about 9 miles into the river that we live close beside and the one that I fish in, the Ocklawaha. It is not crystal clear but is considered a clear river. I can walk down to my fishing hole anytime and get lucky and see a gator and all the water birds along with Osprey and Eagle. But I still enjoy that attraction as much as any of the other tourists. I never get tired of wildlife here. I also never get tired of riding in those glass bottomed boats. There are some really big fish to look at.

Tobey~I am glad to hear that your run home from work went well. You are amazing, girl. I wouldn't run home from our mailbox that is only about a quarter of a mile away. I am going to post a picture of one of my other fish today. My friend took these pictures with her digital camera and they turned out really good. The ones that she took of my other 2 fish didn't turn out well but she said that she would try again.

Sally~Disney World wasn't there when I first moved to Orlando either. You won't believe how big Orlando is now. It sure got too big for me. I like Ocala because it reminds me of Orlando in those early days. I have heard a lot of good things about Fort Wilderness campground. I hope that you have a great time. You need to get a picture or two taken of yourself so we can all see how good you are looking. It might help to inspire us to do better.

[COLOR=teal]I have a few more chores that I need to get done today. Y'all have a great evening.
This is Sy the second fish that I bought. He actually has more red than this picture shows. [/COLOR
Closed Thread