Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 01:33 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready to Try Again......#142

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

WELCOME TO ALL!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:23 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hello to all my friends!

Hey guys!

Thought I'd stop in real quick to respond to everyone. Once again, I want to thank you all for all the great responses and support when I had my meltdown. Still working up the courage to go to WI (not Wisconsin) today. That little devil sitting on my shoulder is saying......."Just wait......go next week." I hope the angel on the other shoulder goes over and drop kicks him!

Duckie: I am currently doing walking videos called "Walk away the pounds by Leslie Sansone" and they are awesome! They are very low impact and simple to do and I would highly reccommend them to anyone. She has a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile video. I have been on the 1 mile for about a month & finally moved on to the 2 mile. As far as the WW books go, I don't think they give you the calories for each food. At least none of the books I have do.

Jen: You are a riot! Congrats to you for getting clothes in the normal people section! And girl.....
you skip all you want! I would have been doing cartwheels! I think I went straight from Juniors into the Plus section!

Grannie: I have never tried to crumbles before. My DH and kids arent too resistant to trying new things, although I know I could never pass a Boca burger by them! I think I will try the crumbles though. Thanks for the idea!

2cute: How precious that your grandbaby smiled at you. Isn't that the best feeling? I myself hope to not have any grandbabies for awhile yet, seeing as my oldest is only 14!!!! But one day......(far from now) I hope to know the pleasure you felt.

TT: I love you girl! You are a hoot. That last paragraph you wrote about your doctor wishing you happy birthday while uh........taking care of business.....cracked me up!!! I have one of the WW calculators too and I love it! Thanks for the advise about going to WI (not Wisconsin) too. When you feel like you've done bad, it's so easy to be strict on yourself the next week so you can go in and get that instant reward from the scale. I need to learn to face up to facts though and be responsible for what I've done. Lose or gain. Right?

Baylee: I still think you did ok, even though you had the doughnuts, and you also scraped off the icing. Alot of the fat comes from there, you know. Also, that repositioning procedure you spoke of sounds awful. I know you said it wasn't painful, but the spinning doesn't sound too good. Rest and relax today. You deserve it!

Lynne: Loved the article. Sounds just like me. Thanks for posting it. Hope to see you around more often!

Kat: Hey girl! Don't worry about that ol' scale! I'm dreading what it says when I go today too.....but I'm going! You have been doing so well, and your posts always inspire me so much. Concentrate on all the things that are different......how your clothes and rings feel and things like that. And remember: Your weight is nothing more than the number on the scale, and refuse to be judged by a number! {{{{Hugs}}}}
And you know that TOM thing can be......just wait till next week!!

Luckylady: Sorry about the muddy driveway. Sounds like your weather hasn't been all that great lately!

Malia: I bet the weather in Hawaii is gorgeous right now! Just like your picture. Now whenever I type something to you...I can picture your face in my mind!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Still working up the courage for WI today.

I can do it I can do it I can do it! :sheep: Hope all my friends have a great day and I will see you after WI!

LOVE TO ALL!
Old 03-12-2002, 02:59 PM   #3  

QueenB: Thanks for starting the new thread. I would have done it but I wanted to reply to all those posts and wouldn't be able to remember who said what if it wasn't right in front of me. I think you should go to your meeting. One bad binge really isn't the end of the world. You stopped right after that and got back on track instead of saying "the heck with it". I don't think it'll be that bad. Here is the little angel giving the devil a big kick in the butt...
*KICK* How about that!!

Anyhoo, I typed up all those responses and didn't want anyone to not see them so I am pasting them here.....

2Cute: Aren't those first baby smiles THE most precious!! And you are right...Keep coming back no matter what!

TT: Way to go with getting back on track. We all know it's so hard to do. And I just have this picture in my head of all of us in a big butt-kicking conga line!!

Baylee: AAK!! Vertigo!! Makes me ill just thinking about it. I had a case of it once when a sinus infection got way out of hand and went into my ears. *urk* Thought I would like to die. Hope you are better when you get done with the repostioning thing!!

Lynne: I miss you!! I'm so glad to hear from you. That was amazing. I have felt for YEARS that my life is always on hold for something. I now looking back I have wasted so much time on hold. I need to work on living TODAY, not waiting to live LATER. THANK YOU!!

Grannie: I'm with you on fooling the men. I get the biggest laugh out of fixing something low fat/ low cal for my DH, watching him eat it, and then after he tells me how good it was, I tell him it was lf/lc and he just looks at me and says "What are trying to do? Kill me?" He is such a bean pole and loves greasy fatty food and can't believe anything low fat could taste good. I made ThinThinkers pumkin mousse for him one night. He loved it, but just about died when I told him it was fat free and sugar free!!

Duckie: I saw one of those calorie calculators in an ad somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up and let you know. Great job not going nuts on the Pizza.

Katrina: I posted for you on the 21 day thread. But I have to say, the

really light clothes cracked me up!!!

Anyhoo, so far so good for me today. I wanted to exercise like I wanted a big hole in the head, but I did it anyway. Talk at ya all later,
Jen
Old 03-12-2002, 03:57 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

I've been bad today. It started out good with a slimfast bar and coffee, then I went to help out at the Library and we agreed to order pizza in. I ate 4 slices . Why do I do this to myself?
Old 03-12-2002, 10:18 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Smile WI today

Thought I'd stop in real fast before I have to go to work.........

First off...... Where is everyone?

Second, Jen-thanks so much for the *KICKING* butt! She did! I went to weigh in and
drumroll.......................................... .............(not to be outdone by Kat)

I stayed the same. MUCH better than that 5 lb. gain I was expecting, but the big victory was in the going.

Anyways, I got to go for now......see you guys tomorrow. Hope your all well!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to all!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:03 PM   #6  

Hi everyone,

I can't believe I missed thread #141 without posting. I was exhausted yesterday and binged instead of posting. Boy, was that a mistake. I'm back to day 1 of the 21 day challenge for the third time this week.

Kat, my weight is...drum roll...I stayed the same....was hilarious. I've been in that position for a month and a half. For the last few days TOM or not, I've been at 244/245 lbs. Losing about 5lbs. I finally chiseled away some of that 10year old fat. You're doing fine. It'll peel off soon. Look at how long I waited. I guess the crack about sinking the gondola in October did the trick.

Duckie, I like March to Fitness too. I use it as a circuit weight training tape on Tuesday & Thursday. I stop the tape and lift weights. It's fun.

Before I forget, I measured myself for fun. I lost an inch each on my waist, stomach, and hips. Yessss!!! I've broken the plateau.

To all of you, keep up the good work. Those nventive ways of eating low cal food is inspiring. Thank you!

See you,
Malia

Old 03-12-2002, 11:10 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a nice day. I was in rare form all day, not sure why. My GYNO appointment went well. My blood pressure was 128/70. The doc was impressed. She gave me a nice compliment at the end of the visit saying that she was happy with my weightloss this past year (12 pounds). Of course, I thought, big deal! But it was nice for her to say. She said it didn't matter that it wasn't a huge amount, what mattered was it was in the right direction. Now, if we could only give ourselves that much credit, eh?

I have kept track on my little points calculator. I am over by a little bit, the idea is that I'm journalling, so it's an improvement! I'm getting my water in - second day of my 'penance'.

I was really floored by the weight on the doctor's scale. It is about 15 pounds off from the WW scales! I was 15#'s lighter at the doctor. Maybe I should go there every week. I'd be in the 200's quicker!!

Baylee: Thanks for the explanation of your proceedure. Even if it doesn't hurt, it still sounds like it's annoying. * Yes, the Banquet Patties that I tried say FF on the front of the package. It also says 'Baked, not Fried' right on the front. They were 100 calories and 0 fat, the Morningstar Farms Chic Patties were 150 calories and 6 grams of fat.

Lynne: So good to see you. Thanks for sharing the passage with us. I love that one. * I hope your life gets evened out so that you'll be able to come back as a regular, if not, keep popping in when you can.

LuckyLadyBug: Hope you're doing well.

Mary: Sorry your plans for the yard sale this weekend are getting soggy. Look at it this way, you have more time to search your house for more good junk to get rid of! Don't worry about the pizza, it's one meal....move on.

Katrina: Don't let the scale make you so nuts. It's only a number. Good for you not getting all bent out of shape over a 'maintain'. Knowing you are doing the right thing OP and sticking to it no matter what the scale says, that's an accomplishment!

Jen: Good for you exercising when you didn't feel like it! You go girl!

Duckie: Sorry, but none of my WW books have calories listed. All of their recipe books do, but not their food finder books. I do have a website for you though if you haven't been there. www.dottisweightlosszone.com has WW points as well as the calorie/fat/fiber/carb info of entrees at 300 restaurants that I find really helpful.

Tina: Thanks for starting the new thread. You're getting really good at it! I'm glad you decided to go to WI. You are so right, "the victory is in the going"!!!

Malia: Good for you measuring. Sometimes when the scale doesn't behave, the tape measure will.

2cute: Where are ya, girlfriend? Hope you're doing ok.

Well, girls, I'm out of here. See ya tomorrow.

"One loses many laughs by not laughing at oneself." - Sara Jeannette Duncan

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-12-2002 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:13 PM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Wow, there have been a lot of posts lately. This is so cool!

I'm back to day 1 of the challenge. I'm not only going through this weird hungry thing, but I keep getting all weak and dizzy feeling like my blood sugar is crashing. Maybe that is the end of that nasty stomach thing I was going through? Tomorrow I'm going to add more protein, fewer carbs and more water to see if I can find a decent balance. Something has to make this better. I just don't feel right.

Anyway, just dropping in with an update and to read posts. I'm about to fall fast asleep at the keyboard (another odd one for me considering it isn't even 9:30). I'm so glad to hear most of you are back on top of things. I love being part of this group!

Andria
Old 03-13-2002, 07:44 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning friends

How are all of you today? I am finally going to get my hair done today I have an 8:30 appointment.
I cooked hambugers and baked FF last night for dinner and I fixed me a veggie burger. I weighed this morning I'm only up 2 1/2 pounds.

I will no let myself gain this weight back I am determined about that.

Yes that will give me more time to find more stuff to sell I may put a make offer sticker on my dh and son and see what I can get for them

Well I'm off to eat breakfast and go get this hair fixed. see all of you later.:sheep:
Old 03-13-2002, 10:30 AM   #10  
a work in progress...

Stopping by for a quick "Hi!" I took too long trying to post on 21 Day Challenge thread...I'll be back, after my nap, to catch up with you gals...

later...
Old 03-13-2002, 10:43 AM   #11  

Forgive me, for I have come to whine.....

Ok. I couldn't help it. I said that Fridays were going to be my weigh in day but I cracked and stepped on it today. THIS is why weighing is self destructive. Other than the one screw up that put me up to 1900 calories on Sunday, I have been to the letter on my plan. 1200-1300 calories a day, LOTS of water, and at least 30 minutes of exercise. And what do I get for all of that??? A 1/2 pound gain!!! I ran and measured myself, but do not appear to have lost any inches either. It is not that time of the month. So, I ask, WHAT THE HECK IS THE DEAL HERE!!?? According to everything I've read it is physically impossible for me to not be losing SOMETHING SOMEWHERE at that calorie range, especially with exercise. I've looked up on several sites basal metabolic rate and my body uses 1800 calories a day just staying alive..heartbeat, respiration, etc. All of the calculators I've used say I burn between 2500-2800 calories a day all together. Once again I say WHAT THE HECK!!??

My first reaction, as always, was anger. MAD MAD MAD!!!! Usually, a trip to the store for some junk food to bury my head in is next. But I am going to stick to my plan to the letter. Physics say I MUST be shrinking in some form or another. I sure wish I could afford a doctor so I could find out if I'm doing something wrong. I had just BETTER see SOME results in the next couple of weeks or I will FLIP!!!

Sorry about the ranting and raving, but I had to get it out of my system. I have to get going on some errands, but I'll check back in later.
Jen
Old 03-13-2002, 04:32 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Hey you all!

I'mmmm BAAAAACK!!

Sorry to have been gone so long! I see we have some newbies on the block! Well now I feel like a newbie all over again!

I only scanned the thread to see who was here...I will go back to read it and catch up with everyone!

I am in between jobs right now so I will have more time to post again. And....for the 90 millionth time...I am rejoining WW tomorrow morning.

I notice Tina was struggling with going to WI (not Wisconsin) for not...I just want to throw my 2 cents in for something to think about. I lost 97 lbs prior to my pregnancy...and one reason I attribute to the great loss was going to my meetings whether I had a good week or a bad week. I stayed for the meetings regardless...(I was alone in a new state and this was my night out)....I have my son set up with daycare two days a week while I am out of work so I can go to my meetings and STAY and to get some stuff done be it housework, exercising or whatever! I did it once and I know I can do it again and so can you all!

Ok Ok I babbled on long enough....I look forward to getting back on track...just not so hep about getting back on that scale! I know I did ENORMOUS damage!

Have a great day! Michelle
Old 03-13-2002, 07:02 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Where is everyone? Here is was so busy here for awhile and now it's really slow. Easier to catch up though!

I worked today and have a bunch of paperwork to do. Other than that, food has been decent. I am still journalling (electronically) and drinking my water. Day three of my penance.

Andria: Sounds like you have to pay some close attention to how you're feeling. Dizzy is not good.

Mary: Hope you're hair appointment turned out great!

Katrina: Hi back!

Jen: How 'bout sodium? You can stay within your calories, but if you had salty popcorn, WOW chips or maybe even Chineese it might be a 'holding water' thing. Drink more water.

Michelle: WOW, good to see you! Glad you're back. * Good for you making sure that you have 'your time' set aside for doing the things that need to be priority - YOU!!!

Dinner's on. Gotta run. It's spaghetti with crumbles. See ya later.

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things." - Katherine Graham
Old 03-13-2002, 07:39 PM   #14  

Mary For flavor in collards could we use turkey bacon. It would add flavor and is pretty low in calories.

Kat
Quote:
I’m a therapist’s dream case
Maybe we could get a GROUP rate!!

Duckie I didn’t really like fitday either but then I don’t like journaling at all!

Tina I, too, like the pictures. There was a place I used for awhile for a family site but haven’t been there lately. You could post pictures, chat and it had passwords and an owner. I will check and see if the site is still available and if it’s still free!!

Maila Thanks for reminding me about measuring.

Jen I know what you are going through. My body plays with me too…I KNOW how much I used to eat (that’s what got me here) and I don’t eat anywhere near that even NOT counting calories but the scale just sits there. It’s a good thing I have you all or I would be off to the store and then come home and order pizza besides.

Michelle Welcome back….glad to see “your” picture again.

Thin Watch out----we will be on a new thread before you know it....

While walking to the fax machine at work yesterday I thought, “I hang onto my weight because it’s my power.” What a shock….but the more I think about it, the more I think it is true.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:58 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Thin: I haven't thought of using turkey bacon but I'm sure you can. A little Olive oil which they say is good for you is ok too. I love collards.

My hair is short it turned out good. I worked again today at the library. They have fixed me a mini office with a desk in a back room. I cut my hand with a razor blade. I was scraping labels off shelves.

Well I'll go I'm tired see you tomorrow.
Closed Thread