View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #346
cupcakesundae
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

Name: Nicole

Family Life: I live with my amazing 5 year old daughter and my wonderful boyfriend - we got our own place (finally!) 6 months ago.

Occupation: Stay-at-home mom until my girl starts school this August.

Hobbies and Interests: I play tons of video games when I have the time, I crochet and especially like to make amigurumi (Japanese crochet toys/stuffed animals), and I'm an internet addict. I also like going on nature hikes and spending time out by the wonderful lakes here.

Favorite Music: I listen to alternative rock, pretty much. I like MCR, Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is, etc etc.

Favorite Color(s): I love pink (I still can't stop buying my daughter pink clothes even though she's long out of her infancy, hehe).

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Things that don't involve a gym - swimming, taking long walks outdoors, nature hikes, etc. Our apartment complex has a hoooorrible fitness center. However, if I had a gym membership I'd enjoy doing the elliptical and weight training.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be back to my highschool weight - health hasn't played a big factor in my desire to lose weight yet - I'll admit, it's mostly for vanity. But the more I learn, the more interested in health I become.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's a strange series of events... an old friend of my boyfriend's came into his life - who happens to be female, gorgeous, and skinny. I know he wouldn't cheat, but I don't ever want her to be around because I feel like a disgusting fat lump in comparison to her. Also, a friend from where I used to live called me "ugly" - which is very immature but I wanted to show them that I am indeed definitely not ugly - maybe a little chunky but not ugly. So... I just want my self-esteem back where it used to be.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating high-fat foods - and I love sweets. If I get sick to my stomach (which happens a lot with my medication) I want to immediately eat comforting foods instead of sticking to my diet. Family pushing food on me is also an issue. I'm learning to make healthier choices at restaurants.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need an exercise ROUTINE. I need to buy fat free condiments to reduce my calorie intake even more (every calorie counts). I need to buy wheat tortillas and brown rice instead of the white/starchy products I typically ingest.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My amazingly sexy best friend - and my cousin who had two kids but is always ridiculously thin and fit.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to buy a cute bikini next summer and be able to wear it with pride. In the event that my skin hangs loose and doesn't permit this (I got a ton of stretch marks during my pregnancy) - I at least want to wear a size 7 in Juniors jeans and size Large or Medium shirts instead of XL.

Mini-Goal: Get back to where I started - 150lb!
176 170 168 166 164 162 160 158 156 154 152 150