Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 09:06 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#141

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 03-10-2002, 09:07 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi guys! I tuned in and we were getting a little long so I started a new one. Hope ya'll don't mind. I'll be back later when I have some time to read and post. Later..........
Old 03-10-2002, 09:54 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Help!

Hey ladies. I am in a very bad place today. Even as I'm typing this, I am so ashamed and part of me wants to hit my backspace button and forget all of what I'm about to tell you. I don't really think you guys know how much I look to you for advice and support. I've been kicking myself all day and as I'm about to admit what I've done, tears are filling my eyes and making it blurry to see. I totally went off program today and I don't know why. I can't pinpoint anything. I have went over and over my feelings to try to figure out what triggered it and the only thing I can come up with is that I am a pig and I don't know if I will ever conquer this weight thing.
First thing this morning, I came in from work and had to have a talk with my son. (He had asked me if a friend of his could spend the night last night and I had told him no and then after I left to go to work, the friend came over and my son snuck him in the house) Can't even get started on that one right now.
Anyways, had to give him a lecture on lying and how important it is for me to be able to trust him and all that jazz. (He is almost 14) Anyways, after our talk, I was hungry. So, I went into the kitchen, (still with good thoughts in my mind) and grabbed two of the graham cracker-ff coolwhip things out of the freezer and popped a chicken eggroll in the microwave. All totalled-5 points.
When that was finished teasing my appetite, went back in the kitchen, and got the same thing again. 2-graham cracker treats and another eggroll. Finally full at this time, but now heading somewhere I'm scared of........went into the kitchen and popped another eggroll in the microwave and grabbed about 3 full graham cracker sheets, and got a blob of ff coolwhip. Now, while I'm sure most of you are thinking, my God, what a pig. It gets worse. Then an hour later, I proceeded to fix myself 2-grilled chicken sandwiches on onion buns-not even measuring the mayo. (I did use my lite mayo, however) Then, here is where the thunder rolls..........about 4:00 my MIL came over to pick up the boys and take them to get a haircut and she said, "I've got you some dinner." And left the bag on the counter. DH was gone to work, so it was just me and the food on the counter. WHY didn't I just pop it in the fridge and walk away?!!! I don't know. I opened it up and guess what she had brought me. FRIED pork chops, potatoes, macaroni and cheese, corn on the cob, pinto beans, coleslaw and some cornbread. I was like a woman possessed. I ate till I was almost sick and I am still paying for it. I have had diarrhea twice and my stomach is killing me and I still don't know WHY? I know I was a little upset with my son, but it couldn't have brought on that huge of a binge. And I have been sooo good for 5 weeks now and it just all fell apart and I feel like such a huge failure. And once again, even as I'm typing this, I regret sending my picture now, so you can see me and see how worthless I feel. I am so sorry for dumping all of this on you.....I just didn't know what else to do. I still want to go back and erase this whole post, so none of you will know what I've done today. I just can't understand it. I'm going to go now, before I write anything else I can't take back. I hope you haven't lost your respect for me. I just needed to talk to someone so bad.
Malia: You are so beautiful. Nice to see you
I'm sorry.

Last edited by QueenB; 03-10-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:52 PM   #4  

QueenB: Of course we haven't lost any respect for you!! Don't you think we have all done it?? As a matter of fact, I was coming here to confess my binge as well. I don't know why I did it either. But I know how you are feeling. Mine started while getting my kids a snack before bed since we had such an early dinner tonight. I have NO CLUE what triggered it. I was right on at 1200 calories. Then I had a nibble of their Ritz Bitz sandwiches. Nibbles turned into handfuls. I even had to open a new box. Then, a banana. Then an icecream sandwich, then another. UGH!

I've learned that all we can do is start again NOW!! Dwelling on it only makes me more depressed and I eat more and so on. It's a new day tomorrow. Don't EVER think we'll think less of you. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT!! That's why we're all here. Don't give up!

I'll be back in the morning. G'nite,
Jen
Old 03-11-2002, 12:47 AM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Hrm... I was coming in to relate that although I thought my day was blown, I managed to keep it within my range and complete my first day of the challenge. Amazing how this lifestyle becomes a habit and we end up saving ourselves after a while.
Well, I wouldn't mention it, but I kind of thought it was important after Tina's post. Tina, mind if I point out how much worse your day could have been if you hadn't of been counting your points at first and been sticking to FF and LF items?
Not a one of us has been sainted here yet, at least to my knowledge. We've all blown it, some for good reason and some just cause the food was available. You are human. Brush those crumbs off your chin and move on. If you feel a real need to beat yourself up any longer, make your workout a few minutes longer tomorrow. The mental stuff is what has most of us here in the first place. Stop punishing yourself and look at it as a gift; something to remind you of how far you have come already. Then, remind yourself how much you are loved and respected here and get back on the wagon. *HUGS*

As for Jen, I'm just going to give you a poke. You don't have any clue what could have set off your binge? Hon, you have a seriously full plate. I know, cause I've been there. You are already doing tons better than the first time my dh was ever deployed. It took me a couple of weeks to get my act together and even begin feeding the kids and myself something that didn't come from Little Caesar's or a package of ramen. You are doing great! There are going to be moments of weakness, frustration and flat out loneliness. Make time for yourself, make time for you and a gf if possible. Make lots more time for cuddling and snuggling with the kids. You are giving hugs for two right now.

Ok, time for me to head to bed. I'm off work tomorrow, but there is soooo much to do, and I think I might have just been rambling on a bit there anyway. Night!

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 03-11-2002 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:31 AM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy dowdy everyone! I couldn't start a new thread and then not really say 'hi' to everyone.

My whole plan has been in the crapper this week. You're all talking about challenges and being on program and I'm here with Tina to tell you I have not been a good little girl. Not that 'little' was ever a word I use to describe me, but anyway. I have been eating like a fat person. I'm telling you, I have eaten it all including not one, but two bags of those peanut butter cups from Walmart. What am I thinking!!!!! I had a great WI last Monday, three pounds and then screw up the entire week. And......there was no excuse. I didn't even have any 'eating out jobs' to do this week. Just was seriously off the wagon. Believe me WI this morning is not going to be a pretty sight.

Now that I have confessed my sins, I will do my penance (hey, it's the Catholic girl in me) and drink 6 glasses of water, journal my food and eat within my points for 7 days. And if I don't you can send me to **** in a handbasket!

Honey and I went to that wedding Saturday night. We had a great time. The food was excellent. But the best part was dancing the night away with my sweetheart. What fun! I love to dance with my honey, especially a waltz.

DH is gone for a couple of days on business to Ohio, so I'm on my own. Yeah, right. Still got the two boys to deal with, at least for supper. Tonight we had leftovers out of the fridge. Tomorrow I might actually have to cook.

Tina: There isn't a chance in the world that any of us will lose any respect for you. We have all been where you are and chances are we will all be there again at one time or another. That's the reality of it. But it's time for us to move on now. Tomorrow is another day and I think we should make it our day to start again. You have been doing so well, you don't want to end it here. You are not a failure. A failure is someone who gives up. You're not going to give up. Giving up is not an option! [[[[hugs]]]] * Previously you asked about alternatives for water. Have you tried the sparkling water from K-Mart or Walmart. There are a couple of flavors that are really good. Also you might try something called Fruit 2 O. It's a fruit flavored water with no carbonation. They sell it by the case at Sam's Club or some drug stores sell the bottles individually and run them on sale, Buy 1, Get 1 FREE. It's pretty good too.

Malia: What a great picture. Thank you for sharing it. * I too am jealous of your roses. We can't even really plant anything here until after Memorial Day to be safe from frost. With the crazy winter we've had, maybe it will be wise to wait until the 4th of July!

Andria: Sorry you're back to sick. * You had some really profound words for Tina.....and Jen for that matter. I hope they're listening to you.

Duckie: Welcome aboard. We're so glad to have new folks join us. I hope you will post more and 'lurk' less. Nice to meet you. * Best wishes on your recent engagement and congratulations on your nice weightloss for the month. Are you following any particular plan?

Jen: Good to see you around more often. Funny how a 'nibble' turns into a 'handful' turns into a whole 'new box'. That's what happened with my peanut butter cups. I need to just not buy them. No one here likes them but me, so it's pretty obvious who's going to eat them.

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like you got some good snow. Hope you finally got dug out.

Mary: The terriaki stir fry sounds good. I make it with chicken too, but I could leave it out and no one would know the difference. I think the thing about the veggie burgers is you can't bite into one thinking it's going to taste like a burger. You have to be open to trying something new and go from there.

Katrina: It sure is fun to get away, but oh so good to be back home. * I love The View. You lucky girl you. Rosie I can take or leave and usually I leave, but I really like The View. * Both of your chicken recipes sound good. I think I would do the Maple ones on the Foreman too. At least until summer when I can get out to the grill again. Thighs used to be my favorite chicken part, but I haven't had anything but boneless skinless breasts in so long I wouldn't know what to do with a thigh! :LOL:

Baylee: I'm always sick at least once and it's usually this time of year. You know the time, when one day it's warm so you leave your coat open and the next it's cold. I get a choice of either bronchitis or a sinus infection. Don't really have a preference, I hate both!

2cute: Let's jump back on that wagon together. You were doing so well, we can't give it up.

I hope I caught up with everyone. Since it's from 2 threads I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I apologize.

I'm going to run. Gotta get some sleep. It's going on 3:30 am here and I'm asleep at the keyboard.

"Whenever I have to choose between two evils, I always like to try the one I haven't tried before." - Mae West
Old 03-11-2002, 04:27 AM   #7  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Duckie. I can relate to what you said about threads dwindling. I try to write on several. It keeps me hopping. Everyone has varied interests. It'll be wonderful to share ideas with you.

Tina, one day of bingeing does not mean it's over. Tomorrow, start anew. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, and exercise. We've done it. I'm on the 21 day challenge because "eyeballing" my plan was not working. I binged a week ago Saturday. I ate pizza hut's lunch buffet. It was worth every bit of exercise I did that day. What's important is living a healthy lifestyle. We're all with you in this.

Kat, going to "the view" will be fun. Far better than Rosie. Since she spoke sharply to a guest regarding his view of gun control, I don't watch anymore. Don't need a preaching, I can read the paper or go to work for that.

Tomorrow is Monday....Yikes....back to exercise. This has been a low key PMS. I hope my TOM comes this month. Excercise does this to me.

Have a OP day,
Malia

Old 03-11-2002, 05:53 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Angry Feeling a little better

You guys are so good to me. I am such a whiner. I just went back and re-read my post, and I can't believe I told you all that. I was so down when I wrote that post and it just poured from my heart. You guys are so great though. I didn't want to tell my DH what had happened or rather what I had done today, because he has been so proud of me and I didn't want him to think, "Oh no, here we go again." But, I need him. He is very important to me and it is important that he support me.....not only through the good, but the bad too. So, I told him. And he was great. The FIRST thing he said was, "Did you go to your site and post?" He knows how much I need you guys and how I look to you for support and encouragement, and I told him that I had. He did make me feel alot better though. He told me that I was human and that everyone makes mistakes and that he believes in me, no matter what. I guess the reason it threw me for a loop is because I have been on WW 5-6 times before and I have always given up and went back to my old ways, but this time, I have been sooooo strong. Just 3 days ago, I got into a pair of jeans (ok, they did have elastic in the waist, but they were denim, so they count) that I got 4 mos. ago for my birthday that I couldn't even get up over my hips. I have went out to eat twice this week and have been so good, and then I came home and just fell apart. My DH thinks it is because I have been so strict on myself and eating less than I should and not eating anything unless it's lowfat or fat-free and he think it just caught up with me. Now, I'm having those horrible thoughts of not going to WI on Tuesday, and working my tail off this week so when I go next week I will see a loss, but I know that's wrong, so I will go this week and just face the consequences. Thank you again for all the kind words.
TT, Andria, Baylee, Jen and Malia: Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. It helps so much. I will pull myself out of this slump and get back OP. As a matter of a fact, I am OP right now! I haven't ate anything else, so after that "snarf", I am back in the saddle. And I will take out the agression on the ol' walking video this week. Might even try out the two mile this week!
Well, I guess your tired of me rambling on..........still haven't been able to sleep so I thought I would stop back in to say thanks.
Sure do miss our gifs, if we could use them, I'd send you guys a dozen roses, but I guess this will have to do.....

Old 03-11-2002, 08:01 AM   #9  

Tina I KNOW of what you speak…..I would be willing to bet it has happened to all of us and more than once.
It is interesting that Jehari said she binged too because so did I. Maybe it had something to do with the position of the Moon that we all lost it at the same time!

Jehari, I agree, dwelling on it just makes me feel worse and I then am more likely to do it again. I do wish I knew what triggered it. Like you, Tina, I have tried to look back and see what "made" me start but I haven't figured it out. At least not this one.

Motivational Monday: This one caught my eye after our weekend.

"Many people dream of success. To me, success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection." – Soichiro Honda, founder of Honda Motors
Old 03-11-2002, 08:15 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Tina: We love you and are here for you. You are not the only one to be off program I too have been eating all week . With being away from home most of the day I have been eating out a lot. I gained 2 pounds this week but as Scarlett said TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY. pick yourself up dust yourself off and start all over again. I am and remember we are here for each other.{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am going to do spaghetti tonight with the crumbles I'll add onions and mushrooms and see how my men like it.

I have lots to do today so I'm off. be back later. Hello to all my friends,
Old 03-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #11  

Wink

Good Morning Lady's

I know now that I definelty joined the right group, it's seem's last week wasn't a very good week for alot of us. I had Pizza Hut, thursday night and ate and ate and ate, and then ate more of the left over's Friday, as well as went out for dinner on Friday. I really fell off track last week as well. I'm going to start journaling and keeping track of everything I eat, starting today, I've done weight watcher before and always hated to journal, but I'll try it again, keeping track of calories.

I weighed in this morning and I gained 3lbs last week I wasn't to surprised, it just makes me so mad, why is it so hard to lose weight, why I can't I be one of those naturally thin lady's, I don't want to have to struggle with this for the rest of my life, but I know I will. I guess there's no use dwelling over it, just continue on and start fresh for this week.

Tina don't feel bad about whining that's what where here for, and if one person open's up and let's all the crap out then the rest of us will to, and you'll see that were all in the same boat.

I went grocery shopping last night, and bought ton's of veggies and good healthy food, and all my boyfriend has to say is ( oh, yeah go out and buy all this rabbit food, for yourself ) don't get me wrong, the pantry's full of junk and foods he likes, that's just the type of support he gives me, when I try to excersie he just laughs. I know he love's me and has never critized my weight he say's he doesn't care what size I am, but I do and the support from him would be nice, I'ts like he doesn't want me to lose weight. Well I'm not doing it for him, I'm doing it for me, and with your support I can do it.

Well enough b**chin, need to get all negative thought's out of this head and start thinking positively. I think I can, I know I can, I will succeed.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:08 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

Tina...

You just about broke my heart with your first post...not because you binged, but because you were SO HARD on yourself! We all love you here no matter what you've eaten, your hubby obviously loves and understands you...PLEASE, learn to love yourself! That is so important, it's half the battle.

Believe me, there isn't a soul here that hasn't gone down that "Ol' Snarf Road"...I'm sure we all have horror stories as bad, if not worse than yours! BUT... You had the guts to come here and share every gory detail! Confession IS good for the soul! AND you are back on track! Think of how many days that you DID stick to your plan, exercise, drink all your water...compare the amount of good days to one bad day, how so they stack up?

Be proud of yourself, Tina, that you realized what you were doing, and nipped it in the bud. It's time to move on, sweetie!

I am having a GREAT WEEK! I don't know if it's the challenge, or things just falling into place finally...but I'm not complaining...One big difference for me has been journaling, I write down EVERY morsel that goes in my mouth. This way I can adjust what I eat later in the day or how much exercise I need! Do you WWers use the activity "Points Booster?" I'll take extra points anyway I can get them! About journaling though...sometimes, even after a binge, I have written down and tallied up every scary little thing that went in my mouth and although it wasn't good, it was never as bad as I thought it would be! We ARE our own worst enemies sometimes!

I was just reading through "Simple Abundance," looking for a good motivational quote and I found a wonderful page to share ...I'm going to end this post and start a new one so as not to get bumped...
Old 03-11-2002, 10:30 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default from "Simple Abundance~A Daybook of Comfort and Joy"

[size=large]Self Nurturing:
The Hardest Task You'll Ever Do[/size]

Any little bit of experimenting in self-nurturing is very frightening for most of us.
~Julia Cameron

Why should self nurturance be so frightening for most women? Why is it for you? If you don't think this is true, how many creative excursions have you been on in the last month? Have you outfitted a comfort drawer for yourself? Started a hope chest or a toy box? Have you been working in your discovery journal or writing your daily dialogue pages? Hmmmmm...

Perhaps we are all Scrooges when it comes to self nurturing because if we were kind to ourselves, our creativity might begin to blossom like a plant moving toward the light. Of course this would mean we'd want to make some changes in our lives, and we all know how we feel about changes, even positive ones. We may be in a rut, but at least our own familiar grooves are comforting in their own insidious fashion.

The way to take giant leaps and bounds and strides toward our authenticity, however, is through small changes. Leo Tolstoy believed that "True life is lived when tiny changes occur." Take an honest look at how good you are to yourself. How much sleep are you getting? Are you walking often or getting enough exercise? Have you given meditation a fair chance? How much time do you have every week just to relax? To dream? To engage in personal pursuits that bring you pleasure? When was the last time you laughed? "There is a connection between self nurturing and self respect," Julia Cameron reminds us.

Self nurturing has been a struggle for me. But believe me, I have learned on the Simple Abundance path that if you want your life to come together, you have to start treating yourself better. No one else can do it for you. Today, make a list of ten things you could do for yourself. Now select one and do it. You have absolutely nothing to lose from experimenting with self nurturing and everything to gain.

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-11-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:07 AM   #14  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I have managed an entire hour all to myself, and it is even daylight! This feels so decadent.
I'm sitting here in my pajamas, reading all the posts and feeling great cause I'm going to have a terrific OP day. I didn't journal hardly at all last week, and I realized how lost I felt. It was kind of like losing an anchor and drifting all over the ocean. And as Kat pointed out, when I sat down yesterday to journal my day, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Good thing, cause if it hadn't been, I truly planned to make an attack on all the boxes of Girl Scout cookies sitting in my bedroom. Between reading here and keeping my journal, I'm finding that I really have made a new way of life for myself. Now, to get myself truly moving forward and making some real progress. I'm ready to shed some real weight!
I feel so empowered today!!!

Duckie, I haven't welcomed you to our group yet. Welcome! I know just what you mean about your significant other not wanting you to lose weight. My dh is much happier with me heavy. It gives him every excuse he needs to not look at his own self, plus he has a binge buddy, and he doesn't need to worry about losing me to someone else. It has taken a long time, but he pretty much has it down by now that this is what makes me happy, not seeing the bottom of a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

Mary, oooh, thanks for the dinner idea tonight. We haven't had spaghetti in ages! You can also try grating carrots into your sauce instead of adding sugar. The flavor is much better, and the natural sugar in the carrots will still cut the acid. Besides, your guys won't know you've managed to sneak in another veggie.

Baylee, canalith repositioning sounds both exotic and painful all at the same time. I hope it isn't too bad for you. And your planning out the menu for the entire day really has been inspiring me to plan ahead as well. Keeps so many mishaps from occurring.

Lucky, good quote! Sorry you had a rough bit as well, but sounds like you are right back with it again.

Ack! A few more of you to go, but I'm totally out of time. Off to kindy class with this mommy!

Andria
Old 03-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #15  

HOLY MOLY theres a lot of posts this morning!!

Andria: Thanks for the poke. However, I'm not doing too much better than you did. We've been eating nothing but microwave dinners since my DH left! It's actually easier on me cuz then I can eat my lean cuisines, but I'm starting to feel like maybe I should cook something!! Think maybe I'll have a couple of friends over for dinner friday so I can cook, but not have too much food or any left overs.

TT: So glad to see you again!! I'm with Lucky about the moon being in some weird position that made us all binge. Sounds right to me. Those dang peanut butter cups were my big no-no too. I used to eat a bag almost every night. I had an especially hard time passing them up in the easter candy isle. Anyhoo, I'm glad you came back to us. Keep coming back. Maybe we can all get in a big circle and give each other a big kick in the behind!

Duckie: Ask anyone here and they can tell you I KNOW the agony of Pizza Hut. I quit working there over a month ago. You'd think a person would get sick of Pizza, but not me!! EVERY NIGHT!!! Thank goodness I got out of there!! Keep coming here and posting. Get the motivation to get on track, and stay away from the EVIL Pizza Hut !

Tina: I am so glad you are OK now. You are so wonderfully lucky to have a man that supports you like that. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!

Well, I am back on the wagon today. I will not let last night screw me up for the whole week. I AM GONNA DO IT!! Already had a lot of water and a good low cal breakfast. I have a busy day planned to keep me out of trouble. I just have to stay focused on the goal. Anyhoo, I'll pop back in later,
Jen
Closed Thread