Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #1  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Default Help "Best Lifers" (A.K.A "Best Life Plan") UNITE?

Hello Everybody...

Yes! I know that you are out there...because every once in a while we message eachother to ask questions or offer some support...

We need a place where any "Best Lifer" can come and just be!

So good news this is the place!

I have been a Best Lifer since January 22/07...

And it would be awesome to be able to support eachother and share our thoughts and stories with other "Best Lifers" who will already know what the other is going through...

Keep in Touch...Write!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi!

I'm not that great at navigation on the site, but I found it!

Okay, yesterday I drank most of my water...5 glasses (about 8 ounces per).
I did not drink alcohol, which is easy when no one else is. I LOVE the spritzer idea, cause I enjoy wine, but I will attempt NONE first...that is my weekly goal. I am heading out for a walk around the neighborhood right away! I have yet to get a pedometer, but I will be shopping before the weekend for one.

So today was even better...exercise (will be), water (5 so far), and no booze. Plus I painted my fence, took the kids to the playground and roasted a nice healthy turkey for dinner! Can you feature that!! On a Tuesday, for no reason other than its good for us. Good for me!

Thanks for being out there, Kimush! I hope you had another good day.

karwie
karwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey! My son's graduation party was Saturday and I ate some foods that made me feel like a I ususally try to be the and laugh about my choices but I need someone to light a under my butt to get me going again. I keep this up and I will faint when I hit the scales. I usually look at the glass half empty : instead of half full It rained yesterday so I had to walk on the treadmill I have had to study a lot lately so I don't have much time to post. Sometimes I feel like I need someone pushing me so when I get on the scales it will reflect a loss. : to everyone and I will post more later. By the way Kim, YOAD is 'You On A Diet' written by the Drs. Roizen and Oz It's very similiar to Bob Greene. Kim 2
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #4  

Hello,

Today is another great day! Lotsa water, good food (made turkey veg. soup with the carcass), am going out for a walk tonight. I must have walked 5 miles last night, it was just beautiful out. Overcast today, but dry. We just moved into this neighborhood and I just feel so safe here. A far cry from my last one, where I wouldn't answer the door after dark, let alone walk anywhere!

I also did 10 real pushups and 30 crunches before bed, on a whim. It hurt like ****, but I feel great about it.

Hope no one minds the ramble!

karwie
Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #5  

Oh My Gosh!!!

Yeah you guys found it! because I am such a "cluck" I couldn't find it and my daughter was going to help me...but yeah!

Karwie way to go! You maniac! You have accomplished so much in only a little time! The pedometer was my saviour because I hate exercise...like today I didn't get home till 9:20pm so I worked just over 15 hours today...and I am exhausted and I was all over ****'s half acre and I walked just over 12981 steps...but yeah my walking is done...and it was all accomplished because of work...You sound like such a chipper and positive person way to go!!

Kim2... It must be in the name...because if I didn't laugh and find the positives in my life I probably wouldn't be here...And it looks like humour is high on your list too..."You On A Diet" I had put the acronym into the Yahoo Search area and it search some accountant stuff...What are you studying? You are just needing some support and readjustments...I know that someone had said that when you fall off the wagon you don't just throw out the wagon! You get up and dust yourself off and get back on! I did that two weeks ago! When I ate at the Chinese Buffet...I gained 2 pounds overnight...don't eat chinese buffet the night before you weigh in! But I just picked myself up and kept on Truckin! And so will you!

Well Ladies! I will write tomorrow and hopefully the last two days of neglecting my body and plan didn't mess up my weigh in...here is to good weigh ins...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #6  

You are going to crack up on this answer.......I went back to school to get my MBA with a specialization in Accounting. It has been very stessful and I am just wishing the homework wasn't so intense because it is making me and when I am tired, I see all the paper writing is getting on my last nerve. All this and a family too to try to keep up with.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #7  

Hey There!

That is totally crazy when I searched that "YOAD" there were some accounting-math website things that had the words "Scopal Asymmetries" (cool phrase) in it...now when I think about it those may not be math related but sure sounds like that to this little old social worker...

Well how the heck are Kim2? I was a single mother (you may not be though) when I went back to school and wore one too many hats also...at some point you need to take care of yourself (even a little) because if not the whole thing will fall apart since you are the foundation of family, work and school...so sit for 5 extra minutes when you in your backyard and close your eyes and relax or 5 extra minutes in that hot calgon bath...you deserve it!

I also did my weigh in and lost 1.5 lbs so not too shabby! today I need to take my measurements and pictures (kind of a reality check for when I am in a crappy mood)...
Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #8  

I posted earlier today but I don't see it......must be in cyberspace.
Kim 1, I am a mother of 3 and they range in ages from 25 to 18. I also have my husband and his brother living in a house with 3 jack russells and 2 cats. It is like a zoo and sometimes like a looney bin. LOL!!!!! Thursday night is my class from 6:00 to 10:00 so it means a jam packed full day on Thursdays. I am usually at work by 7:30. I am so tired right now I can't think to type. More later........
Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #9  

Hello, hello!

Wow, what a week/weekend...lots of water, lots of activity...but alas, lots of cookies. We ate turkey all week, finishing up with turkey quesadilla wraps (w.w. wrap, but I should have used ff cheese I think). Tasty, though!

My kids (5 and 3) had a bit of trouble sleeping for a few nights, one fell out of bed, the other had nightmares...and I must admit to being a nighttime binger in my past. So long story short, I ate a package of cookies at 2am one night, and icecream the next. Felt guilty terrible about it (still do). But I did it, and two nights in a row, too. damnit.

Well, I am going to have a bubble bath after my walk tonight, and maybe some tea, and to bed!! Hopefully I have sweet enough dreams that I don't wake up to eat sweets!!

And life goes on...and on...

good night kim's

karwie
Old 06-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #10  

Karwie......don't beat yourself up just roll with it. It is all about establishing new habits and getting rid of the old ones. The good news is that you admit the mistake and are moving on. Hang in there! Kim 2
Old 06-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #11  

Thanks, Kim2!

I have to take every day as it comes. I am a guiltaholic, and that's hard to shake. When I posted last night I felt really good about owning up to my binge. DH found the cookies missing, asked me why I ate them, and shrugged off my answer of 'dunno'...but putting it onto this site made me really look at it, own it and face it.

I really find myself focusing on the exercise and water and not the food intake for the most part. I previously would obsess about what I was supposed to eat ALL DAY. Thinking about food so much is a recipe for disaster for me. I think of all the things I want, can't have, and of course start craving them and eventually give in FRANTICALLY!

That's what I like about the Best Life...its sane!

have a good one,
karwie
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #12  

Hey Guys...

Just got back from Detroit/Windsor...

So I thought that I would check in and say hey...

Karwie... I have always been a night-time binger...so I have done was take my icetea that I make and I freeze it into popsicles... if that doesn't work...I have 3 sour jujubes...and go to bed...I crave salty things late at night so I generally used to eat a bag of chips and dip...whenever I woke up! The jujubes are so sour that they really work when I need to cheat and have something salty...and Kim 2 is right you can't beat yourself up ...I am polish and catholic so guilt is my middle name...if you had an accident (say you...broke a dish) would you feel guilty ...nope probably not! ...so you can't over this...you have to do what you do with your own children...love yourself enough to know that you tried your very best and when you have an "accident" love yourself enough to know that it is okay!

Kim 2 How the heck is life in your neck of the woods?

Have a terrific day and take care guys...
Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #13  

Hello Ladies,

Wondering if I could join your forum. I have both books... we'll actually I have many books... trying to find that Magic Book that will help all the weight come off. And unfortunatly they all say the same... exercise and eat healthy..

Anyway my name is Patty.. I'm single/no kids. I have been working out since Sept. 06 and started eating somewhat healthy Jan 07.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #14  

Patty.....isn't that what we are all searching for.....a bit of magic? Well, at least I am. You all are going to crack up on my next confession....I like to crunch on things when I am stressed.....this has been a very stressful week for me....work, school and family. Thursday is school day for me so I leave at 7:00 am and return home about 10:30 pm. I am running around and trying to remember to get my lunch, snacks, text book, lap top and flip flops. I get to work and about 10:30, I am hungry but it isn't time for lunch yet. I had bought some Bob Greene endorsed granola type bars with 9 grams of fiber in a bar. I eat one and I am thinking....pretty tasty. I drink my water then the phone starts to ring and people are asking this from me and it gets unbearable.....I reach for my baby carrots and I forgot them. I reach into the box and grab another bar.....and then another until I ate all 5 of the bars.....45 grams of fiber!!!!! Well, I found out what I am full of.....I spent a major part of Thursday and all day Friday in the bathroom getting 'cleaned' out. Dahhhhhhh There is a such thing as too much of a good thing.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #15  

Hey There Everybody...

And a special hello to AKA Patty 1day@atime The more the merrier...
Kim2 said it all...we are all searching for that something to help us...and I have a library of diet books, self help books and cook books...you also have 4 months of trying to eat healthy and make some real changes in your life before you start the diet...that is really good because you are already in the mind set and getting ready......Well you came to the right place for support and suggestions...and even a funny story that will make you laugh! a lot!

Kim2 OH NO! hope all is better by now...fibre our friend and foe...In Canada we can't get hardly any of the Bob Greene endorsed stuff...I noticed a lot of different things when we went shopping in Detroit...So I am eager to go to my Uncle's in New York/New Jersey this summer as I am going to shop (A LOT)...

Do you want to hear a funny story...well it is one of my typical funny and weird stories... This will be your roll on the ground hollowing with fits for laughter...Here is the LAUGH of the DAY!

I woke up on Thursday morning and I had to weigh in...I got up went to the bathroom and I looked like Benicio Del Toro and Arte Johnson (when he played Renfield in Love at First Bite '79) and Quasimodo...I am sure you all have the visual... I must have consumed about 3-4 litres of H2o on both Tuesday and Wednesday because it was so hot and I was working on cleaning the house and the gardens and I must have retained every darned bit...or at least my eyes (face), toes (feet) and fingers (hands)...

I needed to rectify this quickly as I have meetings all morning at work with lawyers to go over my trial preparation as I have to testify in court on the 21st...So to rectify this what do I do...I put a very cold cloth on my face and then cover my face with Preparation H (apparently this is a model trick and works for my 23yo daughter Elisabeth all the time...Now mind you she is 5'5" and 115lbs and blonde, beautiful and brainy)...I eat my breakfast and dutifully wait and I still look like I was attacked by African Killer Bees and on top of this I look all greasy... In fact I ended up with the cream in my hair and I had to rewash my hair because it looked like I had a product explosion...

Weigh in UGG! So needless to say I did not lose anything but I gained 2 lbs...Now I figured after the weekend in Detroit and then all the water...but really this is ridiculous...

And it is so hot here that I walk very late at night...Since I am perimenapausal I am up later at night so I walk my 2 km when it is cool and dark... And I continue to gripe but I am journalling so I know my mistakes from the weekend but this is craziness...I really needed the water (or so I thought)!

Any suggestions...now yesterday I ate only salads (but with nuts, seeds, dried fruits, fruits, cheese, grilled turkey), fresh fruits, and toast for breakfast...I don't have any appetite except for juicy watery stuff...any ideas?