General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Anyone watching "The Next Food Network Star"?

Why did they eliminate 2 people?

I think Rory is going to get on my nerves.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

crap! I didn't realize it was on so soon. Tivo is great and all, but now I miss commercials I needed to see. I'll be watching with you.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #3  
Addicted to potato salad!

Was anyone surprised to see Nicky go home? I think Colombe is going to go home very soon. I like her, but she seems way too wishy washy to make the cut. I dont' like Jag at all. He seems way too hyper for me. My favorite, I think, is the girl that's been to Paris and the bald guy...the one that came in second for the magazine cover.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Rory gets on my nerves. I was surprised to see Nikki get cut. I like Jag. He just gets in there and does it. However, that said, they did comment that his food was too "restauranty". Perhaps he would be better suited on Top Chef instead of Food.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey gals,
I've been watching too... Colombe is the one that bugs me. I agree with the comment about her Sunday that she tries to get by on her cute smile. She just seems to dang passive or something. I do think that the one who's been to Paris is pretty kick butt (now that they told her to stop talking about Paris!), and I like Jag! He gets the job done and is entertaining. I can't imagine the pressure they are under. Fun show to watch... sounds like next week there's going to be some trouble.

Who do you consider the villain of the show? If you watch Top Chef do you remember Marcel? There just doesn't seem to be a Marcel... the one you love to hate.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post

Who do you consider the villain of the show? If you watch Top Chef do you remember Marcel? There just doesn't seem to be a Marcel... the one you love to hate.
For me its the gay man. I don't mean to be politically incorrect, but I can't remember is name and its just a descriptor. Anyhow...I LOVED his wedding cake with the two guys on top. But after that, he has become somewhat of a back stabber and a bit of a whiner.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #7  

Was he the one that did NOT tell the big Italian guy (not trying to be pol incorrect either, but I can't remember his name either ... lol) that his polenta was being made with chicken broth for the vegetarian wedding?? That was pretty uncool.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
Was he the one that did NOT tell the big Italian guy (not trying to be pol incorrect either, but I can't remember his name either ... lol) that his polenta was being made with chicken broth for the vegetarian wedding?? That was pretty uncool.
That is unacceptable, unethical and unnecessary (not to mention NOT vegetarian at all!!!).

Vegetable broth is just as flavorful and can easily be substituted! I think it is sick to lie to people and I would never trust anyone who would do this.

What's next, feeding Jews and Muslims pork?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #9  

Oh, that would be awful, but he wasn't trying to trick any vegetarians into eating it -- he simply did not think about it when purchasing his ingredients. So, it left his team one dish short for the wedding. It didn't help that his team only spent $800 out of $2400.00 budget - no wonder they ran out of food. That was what really made me start disliking Colombe.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:15 PM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, that's a relief to know he didn't lie to them.

Still, I am baffled...how could he not think of that, especially when trying to win a challenge? I mean, you have to think outside the box to be able to do these kinds of things!

I would have made it with water or created a tomato-based or other type of broth from scratch (even with a few herbs, garlic and a can of tomatoes, pureed, you can make great polenta!) instead of leaving it out altogether!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #11  

I know... really, really dumb. His team made a bunch of mistakes -- I think the biggest was underspending their budget by over $1,000!!! What in the world were they thinking? They could have gone all out, had over the top vegetarian fare, but they skimped and ran out of food very fast. Obviously they lost.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #12  

finally caught up. i liked the bald guy that got axed in the first episode. Also like
Salmon. I was surprised Nicky got cut, especially since I can't think of a single black woman (or man) that food network has on air right now.
Hubby likes Jag and the heavy set guy (the one that had the chicken broth snafu). I don't like either of them, I think they already have Guy Fieri who won last year and is the same type of character as Jag.

I like Colombe but think she'll be soon to go. Can't stand Rory- not sure why she just rubs me the wrong way. And Salmon's dish would have looked a lot better on the cover of a magazine, imo.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I've been watching too. I cannot stand Colombe. She has to go. It's like she has no brain or something. Her eyes just seem so blank. I really like Adrien. He did really well on the one-minute TV demo. I liked Nicky and the bald guy who got cut. I was surprised. Only thing about Rory that bugs me is her smile. I'm sorry,but it's too big. I know that sounds awful since she can't help her physical characteristics.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #14  

now that you mention it - that may be what rubs me the wrong way too. feels fake.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #15  
I wanna be a loser, too

That's what I wanted to say, too. Thank you for saying it for me. Her smile is too "gummy". But she is constantly barking about why something was wrong. They had to tell her to stop. She did better by the end of the episode. But I still don't care for her.