Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #1  
kelfromcal

S/C/G: 170/162.5/135

Height: 5'5

Default how long till ketosis?

I am only back on Atkins two days now. I have done Atkins (LC) before but I forgot....how long does it take to get into ketosis on induction? Please share your experiences. THANKS!!!
kelfromcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Depending how strictly you folow it, And I'm sure everyone is diferent. but I would say 2-3 days ? It seems like that to me anyway.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

It depends on how you eat, how strict you are about limiting carbs, but for me if I'm doing it right, by the third day I'm starting to measure at least trace ketosis. I think how much fat you consume and how much water you drink also affects it. The more fat you eat, and the less water you drink the more the sticks will register. Not that doing it that way is good for you, but you'll see darker ketosis on the measuring sticks under those conditions.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote