Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default HOLY (skinny) COW!

Wow....I'm amazed. I just looked at my before and current pictures together. There's a 20 pound difference between the two. I am really impressed with the difference.

I've been slacking on the exercise and food parts of my lifestyle changes, while we've been preparing to move in a couple weeks. Certainly not doing terribly, but not as dedicated as before. I've continued to lose weight, but at a slower pace. I do best when I count calories, and I haven't had the time to do that recently.

But after seeing that difference, I can't wait to lose 20 more pounds. It's HUGELY motivating for me. I think I may make it the desktop photo....

Maybe I'll even post the progress pics....? Kind of scared, I'm afraid others won't notice like I do.
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

20lbs makes such a big difference doesn't it! I'm sure we'll see what you see in the pictures, but you don't have to post pictures if you don't want to. I'd love to see them though.

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

I hope the move goes smoothly for you.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #3  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

chances are if you notice it in pics, we will see it even more so. other people seem to notice those sort of changes given a before and after more so than we do ourselves!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Firstly congratulations on the 20lbs lost that is no mean feat in itself. 20lbs is a lot of weight I am sure that others would see a difference in the photographs to. I agree with cakses others notice the differences in us long before we do. People say to me they can tell I have lost weight in my face yet I can not see that I suppose because I lost the weight gradually I have not notice the changes as I see myself daily. But it is really confidence boosting when others notice our hard work and I find it highly motivating as well. It gives the encouragement to stay with this healthy life style. Like you I can not wait until the next 20lbs is lost

Last edited by purpleorc; 06-11-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo error in cakses name in my post
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #5  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Carrie - You're doing awesome!!

I agree with the pp's, you should post those pics - I just know we'll see a major difference!

I used to look at my progress pics all the time - daily even ... maybe I need to go take a look at them right now!

Congrats again ... can't wait to see those pics!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Twenty Pounds Is A Great Progress. Take It From Someone Who Has Recently Gained 20 Pounds Back From Not Being Serious About My Dieting ---it "does" Make A Difference. Congrats To U.
mommyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote