Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:08 AM   #1  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Default Jenny Craig Members

I've been on Jenny Craig since May 2006. Love the food...love the consultants...love that it works.

This week has really been good for me. I'm still trying to lose a little weight that I gained back in Jan and Feb but I'm back exercising 5 to 6 times a week and not eating out so much so I know the weight will come back off.

How is everyone else doing? Let's hear from you.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Sunshine. How did the weigh-in go?

I weighed in today and was down 0.8 lbs for two weeks. Not as much as I'd hoped but a decent loss none the less.

I really want to make a push for next week. I need new resolve. I think I've done o.k. over the last month and a half, but I feel like I'm still in a funk. I've been o.k on the plan, but I've noticed I'm grazing more than before. I also need to kick up the excercise some more. I've been thinking about joining a gym. I'm not too excited about it, but I feel like I need to do more than I am.

I hope everyone else is doing good.
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 AM   #3  
Under His mercy

Hi Christina - congrats on .8 lbs. At least you are going in the right direction! I've been up and down for some time now. I think I was down a couple of pounds from the last time I weighed-in, so I just have to keep that momentum going, know what I mean? I have a lot of catching up to do.

I had been picking the same food choices over and over again so this week I picked mostly items I haven't had for a while, just to shake things up!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/145/125

Height: 5'5

Default Back to Jenny!!

hello sunshine and christina!!
i joined jenny again for the i don't know maybe 20th time!! i have been a extra bad diet junky the past couple of months!! just three days ago i joined Weight watchers and last week i was doing South Beach. actually about a month ago i even did cabbage soup diet haha!! i'm driving myself insane, because i just dont have the will power to stick with any of these. i quit smoking and gained 22 lbs that i couldnt afford to gain back, i was 8 pounds away from my goal in august and i totally did some self-sabatoging sooo i know myself sooo well that i knew it was jenny time to kick myself back into gear. soo i hope we can keep eachother motivated to stick to the plan...not saying u have problems its me that can't seem to stay with anything lately!! well im glad there is a jenny member site. looking forward to losin the rest of my weight and reaching my goal this time!!!

CHICKpea3241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #5  

Welcome, Chickpea!

I think I'm the diet expert. I think I've tried a lot of the diets out there, so I can really relate to all your different efforts. I will say I've had the most success over the years with Jenny and with Weight Watchers. I think Jenny Craig is really working for my right now because it helps to keep me focused. But I will say the mind set is the most important part. I tried JC for the 2nd time a few years ago and I have to admit I did it very half a**sed and did not have much weight loss. This time, I was at a point where I just had that extra motivation to do this and this program is more important to me right now than having that donut or bagel at work or going out to dinner and having a big plate of fattening foods.

It looks like you have lost a lot of weight, so I applaud you for continuing to try to find the right plan for you right now. Please know that we're here for you!

Hey Sunshine - how's the food variety going? I know mixing it up helps me not get bored, so I try not to eat the same things every week. Even the few foods I resisted have been pretty good. Have you tried the new salmon yet? I'm tempted to try, but I'm not much of a fish eater . . . Let me know if you've tried it and what your thoughts are.

I weigh-in tomorrow, so everyone think good thoughts for me!

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #6  
Under His mercy

Welcome Chickpea - congratulations on quitting smoking! Stick with Jenny and you'll lose the weight...you can do it.

How did your weigh-in go Christina? I have not tried the salmon yet and don't know if I will. I do like the fish and chips though.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #7  

Hi Sunshine,

Well, I lost a whopping 0.2 lbs I guess I should be happy it's not a gain, but I was hoping for at least a pound.

I still do have my resolve to try my best to work this program. I know the weight will follow, even if it isn't when I want it or as much as I want it. I really want to get to my goal.

I agree about the fish and chips, and it sounds like you feel the same way about the salmon. I'll let you know if I get brave.

Please, let me now how you are doing!

Christina
Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #8  

Default hello

hey sunshine and christina!! today is day 4 for me and im doing pretty good. i didnt try the salmon either!! i did try the burrito and meatball sub and they both were pretty good. i have weigh-in on thursday so ill let u know. sooo happy to have jenny back in my life haha!!! and im booking a last min. trip in 2 weeks and would like to be a little smaller. hope u all are doing great!!! ttyl
Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #9  
Under His mercy

Hi Christina and Chickpea! Way to go on losing .2 lbs Christina. You're on the right track. Chickpea - sounds like you have a great attitude about the whole program. Keep it up!

We did some hiking on Saturday but nothing on Sunday or yesterday so today we're going to get some exercise some how!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #10  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Hello ladies! I am starting Jenny this Friday! I can't wait. I have done it before, but I was driving for just under 2 hrs to get to a center and that did not last long. That has been over a year ago and I had not made any progress on my own. Now I am going to try the home delivery system. I enjoyed reading your posts, seeing how positive you guys are and getting success from the program. I will let you know how it goes!
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #11  
Under His mercy

houseelf! I didn't realize JC had a delivery system. How does it work? Half of my motivation comes from knowing I have to go weigh-in!

Speaking of weighing in, I'll be doing that tomorrow. I've been doing pretty good this week and exercising too.

to everyone!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #12  

It's called Jenny Direct, I believe. You weight at home and do your consultation over the phone with a corporate consultant. The food is delivered, so of course you pay a shipping fee, but the rest of the costs are the same. And yes, they ship the frozen food.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #13  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, funniegrrl is correct. You get the food just as you would at the center. You give them a convenient time for someone to call you. That was today and she talked to me for 18 minutes about everything. It actually was much more than I talked to anyone when I went in to the center. But I do realize that I have to take on more initiative since I will personally be weighing myself. That worries me a little. I also like going in to the center for weigh-ins. I went ahead and started the program today and I have already eaten everything hahahaha.

I noticed on a different thread someone commented they did not lose on JC as well as NS. I guess I will find out. (Also commented that JC was more "processed" than NS, but honestly some of the NS food was not even recognizable to me!)

The counselor assured me that the only way I would not lose is if I did not follow the program. I would love to hear how you guys are doing. You each have made fantastic progress. Did you do it all on JC?

Thanks for the welcome Sunshine! And I can use all the willpower dust I can get!!!!!!!

Last edited by houseelf; 03-16-2007 at 08:17 PM.
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #14  

hello everyone!!!
welcome houseelf and funniegrrl!! well i had weigh in on thursday and i lost 6 lbs. !!!! yipee i was thrilled!! i dont know how to make my weight tracker come up everytime i write! can somebody please give simple instructions!! well all of you sound great and if u stick to the plan you will lose!! i am so into the diet this time its amazing!! i've also been doing 45 min cardio 5 days a week! that helps.
houseelf~ i have lost the majority of my weight on the zone diet and some on jenny and a little on the south beach diet!! last year i did jenny for 3 months lost 15 lb. then lost another 10 on south beach but unfortunately gained back 20 from quitting smoking!! but back on track with Jenny!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #15  
Under His mercy

Congratulations on losing 6 lbs Chickpea! That's fantastic. Sounds like you have a great exercise program going too. To get your weight tracker, go to User CP at the top of this page and then click on Edit Signature and follow the directions.

Houseelf - I lost all my weight on JC. It took me from mid May until right before Christmas. Then Christmas and two vacations happened - yadda, yadda, yadda....I gained about 8 lbs back. But I'll lose that and get to my goal sooner or later!

My favorite thing is not having to cook much. My husband is following along using lean cuisines and salads, so I only cook on weekends. I love not having to cook when I get home from work.