Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #1  

Default food combining aka somersizing

hi it is not strictly low carbing but wonder if anyone has done the suzanne somers diet and has has any success with it?
forest faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #2  

Talking

Hi,

I Somersized a very long time ago. It took me quite a while to lose any weight. The first week I went on her program I lost 3 lbs. and I was stuck there for a good long time, but I kept losing size rather than lbs. I did manage to lose 12 lbs. altogether until I went off it. If you have a lot of weight to lose you're more apt to see immediate results, but if you don't have that much to lose then it may or may not take a little longer to see any results. The food is awesome and it does work. As a matter of fact, I still make some of her recipes. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I had done it, but just found it too complicated. Although it did work.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Aleka good to see ya girlie

Robin I agree.... if you can do it...it works.

But you know Forest Fairie..... you won't know if it works for you unless YOU try it. Different strokes for different folks.

Let us know if you do.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi forest faerie, I did somersizing to lose the first 75 lbs. Loved it, loved it, loved it, it helped me break a lot of bad habits and start eating whole, healthy foods. Nothing to count, eat til I was full (then quit) and a wide range of foods, you just have to watch how you eat them. After about 75 lbs and 6 months, I wanted to add a few things to my foods. Things like pb, oatmeal with butter, the occasional sweet potato with my meal. I started tweaking my plan somewhat, then became curious how many calories I was eating, and started counting calories. Along the way, I've turned more to calorie counting, while still eating what would be considered level 2 somersizing.

I agree that the food you can eat is awesome. You don't have to buy anything special (I have never bought any of her products). She has some great recipes in her books.

I was only eating about 4 - 5 carbs meals a week, usually in the morning (loads of veggies with the protein meals), and I did experience some problem with constipation in the beginning. I started drinking psyllium husks in water to help that. That was about the only downside to the food plan

Edited to say that I lost much quicker the first 6 months than I have at any other time. It's difficult to say if that was due to the diet or due to the fact that you lose quicker when you are so heavy than you do as you get smaller. Several times I have been tempted to go back to level one to test it, but I enjoy my oatmeal with Smart Balance spread and my peanut butter sandwiches too much to try it.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #6  

Hey there Leenie, Are you free?? I LOVE your avatar! That is one of my very favorite shows!!

jtammy, congratulations on all the weight you have lost!! I am glad that level 2 Somersizing is working for you.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleka View Post
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][COLOR=purple]Hey there Leenie, Are you free??
I'll never be free
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote