Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #1  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Default June/July/August Alternachick Chat

So, in line of trying to break out of being afraid to "chat" with others, I thought I would see who in Alternachick Land is still out there and wants to post? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Don't want to step on any toes by starting the thread... hope it's OK!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

hey! I"m still around. I've just had a busy and exhausting week at work - mostly coming home, eating and crashing.

But it's Friday -hurrah!

Hope everyone is doing well.

We're hoping for some good weather on the weekend so that DH can build his new BBQ and I can get some gardening done.

Hey Tart - Carrie Fisher is pretty nice, at least that has been mine and DH"s experience after meeting her twice. She signed an autograph with a cool personal message for my hubby. That one is going up in our gallery.

My birthday is coming up next month and I haven't a clue how to celebrate. I want to do something special/interesting but I'm not sure what. It's a milestone and I want to celebrate with friends but I don"t want any of that "over the hill crap" - that"s just not just not me.

Anyone have any suggestions?

How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:31 AM   #3  

Morning chicks!

Up early to day as I have to go to work 1 hour earlier.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hi chicks! I am around, just trying to get a bunch of stuff done.

Not too much going on here fun/important. Just lots of little things. I saw 3 of the "big" summer movies so far - Spiderman, Pirates & Ocean's 13. I really liked Pirates & Ocean. Both are just fun movies. Other then that, just been playing Wii Sports (the boxing game really gets me sweating), cleaning the house, and trying to figure out what to make for dinner on my new grill. I did get to see a great show the other night - they are touring as "Various and Sundry", which is Glen Phillips, The Watkins Family (a few of the members of Nickel Creek), Luke Bula, and Grant Lee Phillips. It was a great time.

The biggest news is I might actually go camping... I don't like camping really, except I was promised there would be indoor plumbing near by, and there would be no hiking into the middle of nowhere. Just lots of hanging out, grilling, and drinks. I figured that might not be that bad. I can always go sleep in the car if I hate it.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #5  

Squeak - I'm not that into camping either. Did plenty of that years ago as a girl scout.

We are going to a friend's cottage for a few days in July so that should be a nice break.

It's a scorcher here and I just want to eat popsicles for dinner.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:16 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone

Anotehr hot one today. I'm glad we bought our adult size kiddie pool. We took a dip in it last night - awesome!

We had dinner in al fresco last night. DH bbq'd steak for him and I had salmon. I also made a stacked tomato salad which consisted of layers of sliced beefsteak tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves and a little drizzle of olive oil. We then had homemade strawberry tarts- yummy!

I've been pretty good about staying on plan this week and drinking more water.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #7  

Hey everyone!

Busy week and it's only Tuesday -

I've got to get my place tidied, groceries bought and cake ordered for the weekend as it is my birthday/Canada Day Weekend in just a few days.

Hope everything is well with all of you.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #8  

got most of my stuff done for the weekend just have to pick up my cake tomorrow!

It's a little cooler than last week and no humidity so we should have a nice weekend for our Canada Day celebrations.

I guess most of you will be looking forward to July 4th celebrations next week.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #9  

Hey everyone!

Hopy you all had a good weekend!

Our Canada Day celebration went well. We had some friends over for BBQ and then we watched the fireworks on Parliament Hill. Then we came back and just hung out in the back yard talking and drinking wine. The last few people left at 2:00 am -all in all a good day.

We have today off as a statutory holiday so I am just hanging about the house relaxing, reading and drinking coffee.

Diet was totally blown over the weekend although I did make some salads for the BBQ that were healthy.

Back on track today!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #10  
Cute & Fluffy

Happy Belated Birthday Mauvais!!!!

Sorry, I have been very MIA lately. Just been trying to get myself togther. My apt. is coming along nicely. Still isn't perfect, and won't ever be, but it is getting more organized. My eating is so-so. Not awful, but not great. I have talked to the boy some and we need to cut back on the eating out thing - which is really my downfall. Hopefully he will be getting a new (closer) job so he can help with the cooking when I don't feel like it (which is the main reason we eat out).

Have a wonderful day chicks!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #11  

Thanks Squeaker!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #12  

I felt like garbage all day today. I have summer cold and was dragging my butt at work today, snifffle, cough, wheeze . . . its a warm bath and an early night for me this evening.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #13  

Hello everyone!

Busy week at work and I'm exhausted!

We have a Blues Fest going on in town this week and on Tuesday DH and I went to see George Clinton and the P-Funk All-stars. I spent 2 hours dancing and had a blast. Apparently it is impossible to listen to funk music and not dance!

I cancelled my plans for the weekend (except for meeting some girlfriends for breakfast) so I could get some r'n'r. I had so many things booked for these last 2 months that I was getting burnt out.

I am working 2 conventions in August so I need to relax a bit between now and then.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #14  

Just popping in to say hello to everyone! Having a bit of trouble typing since the darned cat is draped over half of the keyboard . . .

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

Hi!

Summer is good, but busy. I am not gaining, but not losing either.

Hope all is well!
Closed Thread