Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 06:47 AM   #1  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Christian Encouragers #138

Welcome Everyone to a wonderful thread with outstanding caring people that lend support, encouragement, love, laughter and lots of prayers. So if you are looking for a Christian group to join and lose weight with, you have definitely come to the right place.

Come on let's do it together!!!!! And give God the glory!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 07:02 AM   #2  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry TGIF!!!!

Good Friday Morning to All!!!!!

Wow, I'm feeling good this morning! I have a busy day, probably around 12 hours but then I'm off the weekend! Praise the Lord!!!

Thanks so much for the prayers Zoe~and Gary~and everyone else. It feels so good to have special friends like you guys. Did you like the prayer that I posted. I thought it so "funny" to find it during all that we are going through. God does work in mysterious ways.

Zoe~ Good to be Totally OP!!!!! I can hear the proudness in your "voice". We are proud of you too, Patti. You made some really GOOD choices and God is proud of you too. Yes, I TGIF!!!!! Hope your weekend is a good one.

Gary~ Have fun today and tomorrow watching those tennis and track meets. I know someday you will wish you were doing it again. Yep, new gym equipment IN THE HOME no excuse then, will have to get serious. Unless you use it as a clothes rack or quilt holder. That's what I did for a few years. Just kidding with you. Today is your day and you will be so proud to be able to walk in there and do your workout. I know you will do well. Have a good weekend watching the kiddos.

Hope Everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!! I know I plan to.
Old 03-08-2002, 10:22 AM   #3  

Its friday, and I am ready for the weekend. The weather is all icky over here. It is making me all slow and tired. Where is the sun on the weekend, when I can enjoy it!????? I guess I will have to start praying for a sunny Saturday! I think it is suppose to rain.

Anyway, another busy week end ahead, will it ever stop! My child is not even in any sports or activities and we are still always running, running ,running! I can not imagine what it is going to be like when he does get involved in sports and such!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. My Sparks, from Awanas-a childrens group that meets every sunday- they have a sporting event to go to tomorrow. I pray that no one gets hurt and we have a lot of fun. They are going to be competing against quite a few other kids, these are kids from k-2nd grade! It is always a lot of fun to watch.

Gary-good luck with the new equipment. I know that it is not easy for me to get motivated to excersice, so, I hope that you do better than I would with the gymn at the house! I might use it as a clothes dryer too!

Zoe- PROUD OF YOU! I wish I could get back OP and stay there! You inspire me! Thanks.

Anyone else that I have forgotten, have agreat day! And a blessed weekend.

Pravda
262/252/125
mini goal-190 by aug 13 2002
Old 03-08-2002, 10:48 AM   #4  

Default Happy Weekend!

Aren't Friday's wonderful? My mom used to say, "your wishing your life away wishing for weekends".

Had my yearly physical yesterday, oh joy, regained 15 lbs. of that 22 I'd lost last October. Ok girls, and Gary, I'm getting down right serious now. I could just sit and cry while eating something yummy today! I won't, out comes the fruit and veggies.

The weather here today is lovely, sun be shining and the temperature is heading upwards. Is spring really coming? Next week sees the kids off on March break from school. Our Ds would prefer to have snow for out door activities but alas not going to happen. We'll have to get out the bikes and tolerate the mud.
And boy is there lots of mud, just take a look at our quarter horse standing in the paddock, roles in the stuff silly animal she is. Ds is off to attempt his "beginners license" next week, I am barely sane now! I prefer his riding the horse!

Well off I go to get domestic, make Martha Stewart happy, sure hope all of you enjoy your weekend! God Bless each of you and your families.

Sister Joanne,
190 again/150 Aim
Old 03-08-2002, 12:21 PM   #5  
Made In Canada

Angry ThankYou everyone!

Thank-you all for the warm welcome. I work during the week except Fridays and Mondays so I;m not able to get my turn on the computer till evenings. I let the teens get their time on after school. I have checked in on the board to get everyones names and write them down, just to get to know everyone. I have not been on any kind of diet this past week, so I've just been watching what I put in my mouth,which is kinda hard once it gets to my lips. We have had really cold temperatures and even some snow here in my town near Vancouver.I dont mind either one. I'm origanlly from Ontario so I got used to the snow there. I hope to be able to post some results here in the near future,but for now I am just going to think thin and come here to post and browse.And hopefully get some advice. Thank-youBeth-Anne for the scripture verses,sometimes we need to be reminded of our Gods love and direction for us.My prayers go out to you all . Well its my laundry day so I should shake my tail feathers and get it started. Again thank-you EVERYONE for the welcome. Mys
Old 03-08-2002, 01:49 PM   #6  

Happy Friday everyone

Hope that everyone had a good week. Mine was so busy that I can't believe that it is Friday already.
You guys will never believe what I am doing tonight. Spending the night at the mall with a bunch of Girls Scouts. Woo Hoo.
It is called "Mall Madness." There will be around 600+ scouts and Moms. I'm thankful that my troop is older and they can for the most part watch theirselves. I'm taking a book and my cd player.
And wearing my walking shoes. Hoping to get in a few laps
The girls loved it last year. shhh...we moms had a good time too.
I'm taking my a couple of water bottles and some op snacks.
Say a prayer for me please

Have a "Joy"ful weekend

Monica
Old 03-08-2002, 08:45 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone

Whew! I made it to Friday. I didn't do the treadmill tonight, I'm going to do my kickboxing tape tomorrow morning (when I get home from my dr appt)

Monica ~ your mall night sounds like fun. (especially since the girls are older). You sound like you're ready to take on the night. Have a great time!

chick4christ ~ Can I send my laundry up to you too?? I started mine tonight and will finish up tomorrow.

Joanne ~ Don't worry....your attitude sounds right-on. You will surely make it and got rid of those 15 pound PLUS! Just deciding to get on track immediately instead of waiting for another Monday as I do, is a good thing.

Pravda ~ Aren't ya just get tired of the clouds lately? I think it's supposed to be "mostly sunny" but a little cold, high of 63. So we'll be able to see that sun tomorrow.

Sherry ~ How did you fare through your 12 hours of busy, busy, busy?? Hope your weekend is a good one.

Gary ~ Hope those events were great! How's the home gym coming together??

I'm really trying to stay away from the scale. Those of you who know me know that I am obsessed with it. I could get on it 5 times in one morning, all BEFORE getting dressed. But this time, I haven't been on it since Monday morning and I am going to try to go as long as possible. I'm wanting it to be a month but I am hoping for at least 2 weeks.

Well y'all.....gonna run now. Have a blessed weekend.

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in TExas
220/196148
Old 03-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Just Checking In

Happy Saturday Ladies--
Had a great time with my daughter- Up and gone at 5am-the 200 mile trip in 1 and a half hrs.- lunch and then the tennis match--dinner with her then back home at 10:30 last night with another 200 miles behind me-THAT 1 and a half hrs is actually 3 and a half!!! My daughter played very well for her even though she didn't win--lost a pro set 6-8 in doubles although she was down 6-0 at one point--then lost her singles 8-2 but actually was in every game--5 went to duece that she lost. I am so proud of her!!!! In a few hours my son and I will be heading up another 100 miles north for his high jump this afternoon--I have been doing this for so long I don't know what I will do when it is over! I will miss my step-daughters softball game today though--same time as track meet.
The gym equipment came [although the WRONG elliptical trainer] yesterday. Tried it out this morning--all went well so far-- COULD FEEL THOSE POUNDS JUST SLIDING OFF MY STOMACH!!!!!
Now that the equipment is in the room I have to put the garage back together around it---that will be enough exercise!!!
MONICA--I was a single father for 6 years while my daughter was going through girl scouts--the only dad at most of the functions--I sure enjoyed it!!! IT sounds like ALOT of fun at the mall. But I understand the relief when they can WATCH? themselves.

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY---IN HIS LOVE- Gary
Old 03-09-2002, 04:56 PM   #9  

I survived the MALL....I think!

Everyone had a good time. Even though we didn't get any sleep. I talked another mom into walking with me. We did about 8 laps inside of the mall. I was able to stay OP...took some fruit for a snack. My troop had a great time. This will prolly be their last year. They will all be in High School next year. They have been together since 1st grade. Boy how the time does fly. My daughter got a few hours of sleep when we got home, then she was off to a weekend activity at our church. Son had baseball practice at 3:30. Sometime it breaks my heart that their dad is not here to see them growing up.....and they grow up so very fast. Well the laundry is calling my name! Hope everyone has a great Saturday

Monica
Old 03-09-2002, 05:17 PM   #10  
Made In Canada

Angry Scouting is Fun

Hi Monica! Ya I did the scouting thing when my kids were younger. It started when my son was in Beavers. I hung around the meetings to "watch" so they said I might as well be a leader. So I went for my weekends away for "training" little did they know that I was having fun with the other leaders.It was like camp for adults. What a blast! My daughter did sparks but did not want to go to brownies because they didnt do camps, so we waited a year till one of the local scout groups went co-ed. Her first year in cubs there were aprox.6 girls,by the second year 1/2 of my pack were girls. Guess who led most of the singing at campfire? Both my kids are out of scouts now,much to our dissapointment. We loved going on the campouts and parades and so on.... I sometimes wondered who got more enjoyment out of it, the kids or the adults?I really miss it. My cub name was Rainbow and my husbands was Malak. I hope that when I have grandchildren we can get back into it.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:04 PM   #11  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Good Saturday Morning to Ya!!!!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!!!

How is everyone this gorgeous Saturday morning? Well, I made it through yesterday. Whew! I have come to hate Fridays. I always have lots of visits and then have to be at a meeting at 1pm nearly an hour away. The meeting normally lasts a couple of hours. I did well yesterday, I only had to send one lady to the hospital. And the situation with that one........none of her family would take her (she has 3 grown kids living nearby), if I called an ambulance they would take her to a hospital that doesn't take her insurance and yet........so I called her pastor cause I know there are men in that church that do that sort of thing. Well, you guessed it, no one was available except a 85 yr old man and he came to take her. I felt so bad but I couldn't take her, against company policy plus I didn't have the time at that time. But in her condition I didn't think waiting was an option. Ugh!!! What has become of this nation that we don't even take care of our own parents!!!! Sorry folks that's one of my soapboxes!!! But I'm glad I sent her cause she was admitted with penumonia.

I have been cleaning rooms and closets today. Something I have needed to do for a little while but with my DH's sister and husband coming when my DH has his heart procedure.....thought I better get going on it. She is a clean freak. And if it isn't to suit her she will say so. I really enjoy spending time with them but don't look forward to the "extra" pressure. And she said they are coming here to support us . . . . . . . . . that is nice if she wouldn't be so judgemental. Ya know?

Pravda~ I'll trade you the weather. We have sunny and very windy (gusts to 40mph) and we need rain desperately. We are in stage 3 of the drought plan here. Our lakes are nearing dry even our water sources. Sparks . . . . You are a very patience person to do the Sparks. My Dh and I used to be commanders for our program (about 6 yrs) until they made our program the Wiseguys program. We're taking a break right now from it all.

Joanne~ Our kids are officially on spring break here. How was Martha Stewart the other day?

Chick4Christ~ I understand about the "teen time" on the computer and our computer line is also my DD's phone line. So......I have to really work at getting on line after she comes home.

Monica~ I'm glad the mall madness went well. Almost wondered if there would be room to walk in the mall with 600 scouts and moms. Good for you taking your snacks and staying OP.

Patti~ Yeah, reckon Chick4Christ would do ALL our laundry? Are you blowing away up there? I have been cold all day here with the wind like it is.

Gary~ Glad you got your equipment, sorry they sent the wrong trainer. Glad you had a good workout. Keep up the good work. Hope the track meet went well.

Well, I better go. I think I might just s-l-i-p into the garden tub for a l-o-n-g relaxing soak, since I never do so, cause I never have time.
:sheep:
Old 03-10-2002, 09:38 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!
Welcome Gary and Chick !
I have been so busy. It is softball season here and life as I once knew it is gone..........at least until the end of June. So, unfortunately my posting will be erratic and probably short for a while until I get the new routine down.
Patti, Sherry, Joanne,Pravda, Monica I wish I had time for personal addresses now, but I need to get in the shower for church.
Have a blessed Lord's day!
Ginny
Old 03-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #13  

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Oh boy the sun is shining today. Just back from church. Our youth group had "DiscipleNow" weekend. There was a total of about 30 youth...they had an awesome time. I did slip in on their meeting Saturday night. The Holy Spirit was there.... The music was super! I was so very humbled at how open and honest the kids were. That is something that I am working on myself....I am trying to be very open and honest with God....sometimes not an easy thing to do.
I have shared with most of you that my husband was killed by a drunk driver in 1998....... I think I'm at the "what now Lord" point in my life.... Please pray that I will be still and wait on God to guide my path. I once read that if we believe that God directs our paths. Nothing is an accident in our lives.

Have a "Joy"filled day!

Monica
Old 03-10-2002, 02:23 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone,

I join those of you who are now busy with softball. We are now in that season also. I also relate to the girl scout Moms and Dad. I was a co leader for 8 years. My daughter now is working independantly so not as busy with GS. I do miss the girls, campouts, hiking etc. I hope as I lose more weight I can enjoy hiking with my daughter and maybe even my husband will join us.

The PMS monster is finally gone( that's what my daughter has named it- I have to admit it's an appropriate name.) The doctor is trying me on some hormone therapy and hope this next month will be alot better. I gained 15 pounds between Monday morning and Friday morning, The doctor say it is water weight and gave me a fluid pill. We'll see this week where the weight goes. I did lose 8 lbs but still up 7 lbs. Ugh! I am back in my right mind to eat right so hopefully I am back on track. I also plan to continue walking each day-goal 5 days a week.

Love the encouragement here.
Love in Christ,De
301/245/220
Old 03-10-2002, 07:15 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Sunday Afternoon

Good afternoon [here anyway] ladies.
I have had a good day so far-- went to early service at church, went to the fruit and veggie market, the grocery store, home depot-- then the wife and I prepared the vegetable and flower beds for this years spring--mowed the yard and weeded. She is out running now while I BURN the calories off typing on this keyboard--WHEW!!! I'm sweatin'
Glad to here so many have softball ties-- my step-daughter is pretty good--last year her team went to their nationals in Wash. state and won. It was at the same time our local Little League team went all the way to the World Series consolation 3rd place game---TONS of publicity and perks for them that has lasted all year--The girls got very little notice and of course had their feelings hurt--No matter how many times they were told that Little League has MILLIONS of fans compared to a few hundred in their league they couldn't quite grasp the difference.
All I have to do is go watch, with my kids mostly grown my coaching days are over--I leave all the work up to my wife and my ex-husband in law as I call him.
My son did pretty good for him in the high jump yesterday -8th out of 17. Just something about jumping over a bar over 6 feet backwards that bugs a dad!
Well off to the x-trainer then SoupPlantation for dinner.God bless you all-Gary
Closed Thread