Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #183 Bale of Turtles Facing Summer!

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Guess what? Even though my food intake has been not good, my exercising has had a lovely benefit. My bone density has gone up since two years ago.
Isn't that fantastic? Gotta love that My doc just called with the happy results. My weight is way up, but I know by eating right this week I can get it down again.

Wishing us all the best in this weigh of life.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland
Old 05-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Judy: You will get back on track... I have faith in you! Congrats on the bone gain... that is awesome!

All: Nothing new here... just getting back on track and hoping for a lower weight this week.

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #4  
Chick

Princess, you'll have a : this weekend because you know how to achieve that. Good luck! Hey, thanks for chiming in because it looks like our fellow Turtles are out and about.

Bandit, where are you? Are you in Vegas? I'd love to hear from you.
Ariana, I know you said you wouldn't be able to e-mail for awhile, but we look forward to hearing from you when you can.
Everybody: Keep on writing whether you're doing well or not. Sometimes the mere act of writing encourages us to get and stay on program.

All goes well here. I had a good food day yesterday. Ended up taking the baby home with me overnight since both my dd and dsil were too sick to watch him. I didn't get "official" exercise, but did plenty of running around. I'm also remembering my water. Good luck to us all.
Judy
Old 06-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #5  

Happy Monday!

I did not go to W/I on Saturday as I was struggling with a migraine but I am not sure I would have done all that great anyway... Had a nice Sunday... some friends and DH and I went canoing... great time!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #6  
Chick

All goes well here and I'm hoping for a decent WI on Wed.
Hope all goes well with you all.
Princess, canoeing sounds like so much fun. Good for you. Hope your migraine has passed.

Calling all Turtles:
It's good to post no matter your condition because if you're doing well, you help us and if you're not doing all that well, we can help you.
Take care and good luck.
Judy
Old 06-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #7  

Morning all!

Judy: Good luck at your W/I tomorrow! Hope it goes great for you... Yes, the canoe trip was a blast, DH and I did end up tipping over but we tried to do something stupid and it backfired on us... LOL, we were soaked and so was our lunch But we got the canoe out of the water and saved our lunch and got back in and went on our way... fun times!

The scale is not moving for me right now... I am going to get back to going to the gym and using the elliptical and see if that helps out at all...

The weather here has just been strange lately, one day it is hot then we get a storm and it gets chilly... 57 degrees here this morning... mother nature is confused I fear.

Hope all is well with everyone, chime in when you can like Judy said.

Princess
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, smart to try the elliptical to shake things up a bit. You've plateaued in the past and worked your way out of it. I know you can do it again. You've had a great weight loss so far. Weigh to go. Your canoe trip was a real adventure and you had me laughing. Sounds like fun and I'm sooooo glad you rescued your lunch.

I was doing fine and went off track for dinner. I'm back where I want to be, but have to choose correctly every time. I will still see a loss if I eat well today and go to my WI on Wed. morning.
Take care,
Judy
Old 06-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #9  

Gaah...where did my post go? I hope it shows up eventually.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #10  

Default Happy Wednesday!

Morning all!

Ariana! So good to see you back! I did not see any other post then the one that said you hoped your post showed up, frustrating when that happens! Did you have a nice vacation?

Judy: How are you doing? Good luck at your W/I today!

I went and worked on the elliptical last evening... 2.5 miles and they were some hard miles let me tell you! But I felt good when I was done and will be going as much as possible to see if it helps and to also get myself back on the cardio track... I think I have been counting on my pilates to get me thru and even though they are great classes for toning, etc. they do not take the place of good strong cardio... even the walks in the evening don't seem to take the place of a few miles on the elliptical... I know that the closer I get to goal the harder I have to work but I am still at least 25 lbs away from the high point of my goal so I am worried that this has happened so soon but to be honest if I truly look at what I have been eating and my lack of cardio I would have to say that it is my own fault that I am not losing like I want to.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess
Old 06-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Yes, Ariana I'm thrilled you're back. I hope your nice long post shows up soon.

Princess,
Yep, I knew you would know what to do to get out of the plateau mode.
Cardio on the elliptical will speed up your activitiy points faster and you'll be right back on the losing track.

I've had a decent week, not perfect,, but I should lose a couple of pounds at my a.m. WI. I'll chime in right after I get back from my mtg. with, I hope, good news.
Judy
Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Good WI. Lost 1.8# and I'm pleased. Also talked to my WW leader about a comment made to me by a friend. She said in sympathy, "Judy, I really think your weight problem in genetic." That killed me because I suspect a lot of that is true. I have three sisters who are overweight the way I am, but I know (Ariana, are you reading this?) that I have and can lose weight when I do the right thing. Therefore exercise and being OP is my way to go. I can't let my friend's remark be an excuse to overeat and chuck the whole effort.
It is not easy to lose weight, but I can do it. I had a decent week, lost the salty fluid I had gained from Chinese food, and am on to a good day. My WW leader was supportive and helped me get through this.
Judy
Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #13  

Great job Judy! You are doing great, just don't listen to the friend... she may be right to a certain extent but that would be true for all of us really... it does not mean that you can not lose it and maintain the loss.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #14  

Talking

Ladies, I think my nice long post is lost in the ether. So I guess I'll have to summarize -- first of all, I missed you guys. I've been thinking about you, even when I wasn't posting. Life has been crazy -- I went from not having enough social engagements to having too many! I've been feeling overwhelmed, so I took Monday off, and played hooky, stayed home, read and quilt. I do feel better psychologically. But I'm tired physically again -- I've been cat-sitting, and between stopping by to check on (and fawn over) them and replying to my suitors (4 right now, all at once ), and trying to accumulate some comp time (by working extra hours), I'm tired. Oh well. What can I do? The good news is that I started going to WW meetings last week. I am staying OP, even though it meant not having my weekly Subway treat (which I found was horrifyingly higher in points than I thought.) I am counting exercise points this time around -- at 20 points a day, I don't think I could handle it otherwise. But if I don't lose weight, I'll have to find a way to make it work. Anyway...

Princess: Yes, I did have a nice vacation. Thank you. I'm glad to hear that you found the elliptical so satisfying. I think it's important here to remember that it's not about blaming yourself -- if what you're doing (i.e. just pilates) and what you're eating (whatever that may be) is not getting you to your goals, then you have to shake things up by trying new things or adding more exercise, or watching your points more carefully. And you're doing that, so I say -- bravo!

Judy -- it looks like my post is gone forever. Ah well. Thank you, it's great to be back. Congrats on the WL! : Yes, I am reading it! Good for you for sticking to your guns. Genetics are about predisposition, not destiny -- my Grandfather was an alcoholic, so I am probably have a predisposition to being an alcoholic -- but that doesn't mean it is guaranteed. I can do things to avoid it -- I watch my alcohol intake, I rarely drink heavily, and I never drink because I am stressed out or upset. You may have a predisposition to gain weight, but that doesn't mean it's your destiny! I've had people try to tell me something similar -- that my body has a certain weight that it gravitates towards, its set point, and it will be hard or impossible to lose weight beyond that point. Yes, well, that's their theory. That doesn't mean I have to abide by it. These are all just theories anyway. Ultimately, WL is about math -- calories in - calories out = weight loss or gain. It may be harder or easier for some, but I think it is impossible for no-one. (Also, as a side thought, the fact that you have heavy sisters may also mean that it is an environmental issue -- eating patterns, or psychological responses to eating, etc.) My mother is heavy, my sister is skinny, I'm on my way there. We are more than just our genetics -- we are also our determination and our strength of will. I agree completely -- it is not easy, but you can do it -- and ultimately, it's very, very worth it.

Well, ladies, I hope you have a good day. Back to the daily grind for me...
Old 06-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #15  

Talking I've lost 60 pounds!

Well, this is a record. Two posts in one day! I won't be able to write tomorrow (WW meeting) or probably Friday (out to lunch with work friends), so I wanted to tell you the good -- no, great news -- I lose 2.6 pounds this week! : That is phenomenal, I can't even remember the last time I lost that much in one week. That also -- get this -- means that I have hit another important milestone -- I've now lost 60 pounds!!! Can you believe it? <happy dance>

Anyway, I just had to share it with you guys. I normally don't even have time to write on Wednesday night, but I am so tired I skipped working out and came home to go to sleep. And when I weighed myself, well, I had to tell you!