Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters for June

Hello everyone,
If you are new here, please come in and stay forever.
We are a wacky, crazy group who care for one another.
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might get some good advice along the way.

I'm counting down to my doctor visit. That probably sounds really silly to some of you. But, I've been so careful with fat, fiber, points, exercise. I am ready to show him how much I've improved since last year.
And, as soon as I finish, I'm going out to breakfast at McDonald's. Yea!

Everyone post.
Tina
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #2  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Tina! I'm Tracy. I am fellow WW'er. Trying to be good today!! Busy busy evening planned... middle child has an appt. with the psychologist at 5, then Boy Scout ceremony at 6:30, and then daughter has softball game at 8. Somewhere in there I'll try to get a decent dinner!! And I weigh in tomorrow morning so I need to be very careful! I'd love to get take out but I'd rather havea good weigh in!!!
Hot hot hot here!
Talk to you again soon!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Hi Tracy, it's great meeting you. It sounds like you could have a lot of obstacles in your way but you are going to get healthy inspite of them.
Good luck and come post here again.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #4  
One Busy Mom!

I have 3 obstacles... LOL!! My 3 kids! They keep me on the run! BUT-- I am trying very hard, because my goal in life is to be the best mom I can, and I know I need to be healthy and happy in order to achieve that goal.
I'm hungry, and craving *anything* chocolate. Went out to dinner... only choice... and my son ordered an ice cream cone but they put the wrong ice cream... so I ate it. I'm so mad at myself! I weigh in in the morning... hope it doesn't show up! Aacckk!!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #5  
Susan

Howdy,
Tina, aren't you impressed I found the new thread so quick!!!

Tracy, welcome to the group. We have a great group here if I say so myself! Some of my closest and dearest friends are here, and I've made them just from being on this thread. We have been through a lot together and are always excited when someone new joins us! So WELCOME!

Tammy, how are you doing? How is Tim?

This is my last full day down here with Mom and Dad. I'm going to scrub the floors now. Anyone want to help? It's been a blast being here. I might go home and sleep for a week. Mom's mood is SO delightful!

Last night, my older sister told my mom that she needed to talk to the dr. about being depressed. She's not eating and just mopes around. She told mom, you have to eat or you will die....... plus there is a family history of depression. You have children that have it, you have sisters that have it. Lu started crying, I started crying....... Mom said "Ok I will, now don't cry." (In a motherly way) Well, this morning I was helping her out to the car, her and my dad were going someplace..... my mom said "I am NOT depressed. I am NOT going to die. Ya'll need to stop this." So I called my sister and told her. WE are fed up!!! So Mom had time to think about it and is now MAD!!!

I can't remember if I told you that the other day, we tried to spike her milk with protein powder and we started laughing. She got mad and went to bed. She thought we were laughing at her. Well, she didn't speak to me until about noon the next day. I think only because my dad wasn't home and she wanted to talk. So who knows if she will talk to us now. Gosh, she is so much of a BULL HEAD!!! Now does that explain anything to you about me?

I bought my dad a easy lift recliner that will lift him out of the chair. I'm tired of seeing him not be able to get up. It will be here on Wednesday. It's a lazy boy and really nice.

Oh well, enough venting..... ya'll are the best! I just need to vent a little.

My food hasn't been great. I'm sure the dietician won't be happy. I didn't get to the gym 4 times like Mitch told me too. But I don't stop until I go to bed so that should count for something.

So Tina, shall we start singing Happy Birthday to you now??????? It's just a few days away!!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #6  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

Hey this is Brittany. I'm new to WW I just attended my first meeting this week. It was pretty good. I'm really excited about seeing how this plan works for me and my lifestyle. I have tried EVERY diet under the sun but always skipped over WW because I wanted to loose the weight fast fast fast... well what ended up happening is what happens to a lot of people with every diet I would lose some weight but it was just too hard to stick to and I would get discouraged and fall off the wagon for a couple of months before trying the new fad diet. each time I lost some weight I gained back more than I started with!

I'm hoping that WW will give me the freedom to eat smaller portions of my favorite foods so that this will be something that I can actually stick to for the long haul.

any tips or encouragement would be great!
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

It's Sunday!
I'm Baaack and you didn't even realize I was gone. Yesterday afternoon our monitor quit working. Talk about withdrawal----I didn't know what I'd do without the computer. I might have to use the telephone.
We took it in this afternoon. It would cost more to have it repaired than to buy a new cheap one. We opted for a cheap one. So here I am, a happy person again.

Hi Brittany, it's so nice to meet you. We're so happy you've come here.
Yes, WW is a great, healthy lifestyle. You don't have to deprive yourself of your favorite things. Be sure to journal. That really helps me.

How is everyone today....????
Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #8  
Susan

Welcome Brittany!!!!

Tina, I'm glad you got a new monitor! Yes, it's a withdrawal to not be able to get on.

I'm home. I left this afternoon and Pat picked me up. I am so tired my head hurts. I've dosed off and on in the chair all afternoon. I scrubbed the floors yesterday so I didn't get on line. My brother came and took us to dinner (and Mom went) he bought me 3 margaritas. My sister in law (well really it's his girl friend but they've been together abotu 10 years if not longer) kept saying you look so tired. I WAS!!!!!

Got dad an easy lift chair that should be there on Wed. That should help him. Mom seemed to be doing better today. She called a little while ago saying that her and dad missed me. Me too.

Tomorrow back to being on program!!!!

Tammy, where are you Honey?????
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

It's quiet here today--Monday.

Tammy, where are you friend?????? You are never this quiet. I hope things are okay with you and yours.

Susan, I'm so glad you got back safely. You didn't need any formal exercise. You did so much at your parents house. Cleaning the floors is quite a job. How about you come clean my kitchen floor! With all our rain and Larry working outside, that floor is a mess.

I went for a manicure this afternoon. It was so relaxing. I opted out of their neck/shoulder massage. Just wanted pretty nails today.
Well, I go see my dr. tomorrow morning. I'm hoping his scales are good to me. I'll let y'all know.

Maureen, you haven't posted in months. POST!!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #10  

Tina, I'm sure the doctor will be impressed with how you've done!! I'm with you about not having a computer. I go crazy without one. I've never had a manicure. I think I would have gone for the massage.

Welcome to Tracy and Brittany!!

I'll be back to continue later!!

Last edited by Tammy; 06-05-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #11  

Tracy, I'm a Boy Scout mom too. Tim earned his Eagle Scout about 3 years ago. Alot of work, but well worth it. Ice cream is my big downfall. I've tried to switch to sugar free and/or fat free the past few years.

Brittany, good luck on WW!! I know it works if you do what you should. Me, I'm a bad role model for WW because I don't do what I should.

Susan, I'm glad you were able to spend time with your parents even though your mom is a bit stubborn. She must be related to Bob!! lol Bob has mentioned one of those easy lift chairs for me especially when I'm having one of my bad days. I don't want to give in yet. I still think I can do more than I can sometimes.

Things were hectic with graduation parties over the weekend, so I wasn't on here as you can tell. Sunday we took off and went to southern Indiana to one of those gambling boats again. We had a coupon to stay overnight for free, discounted meals, and cash just for showing up. How could we refuse?? lol We had fun. When we left yesterday, we decided instead of coming straight home to go up through Indiana and take Tim for lunch. What good is a cell phone if you don't turn it on???? My first message I left was when he was still in class, so I didn't expect him to answer. The next call was when we were about 10 miles from Muncie. Still had to leave a message. Next call is when we are outside of his dorm. We could see his window was open on the 4th floor, but we could also see his fan on so we couldn't call up to him. We couldn't get into the dorm without a key! There was a guy sitting there and came over to help us out. Come to find out he lives a couple doors down from Tim. He went up, knocked on his door, and told Tim his parents were downstairs. I know it gave Tim a scare at first, he thought something was wrong. We ended up at Olive Garden. I had soup, salad, and breadsticks. Also water with lemon! No Diet Coke!!

We both took naps when we finally got home. Gambling in the wee hours of the morning wore us out. I did penny and nickel machines this time. The last time we went I did quarter machines and did very well.

Meeting some teachers tomorrow for lunch for our monthly get-together. Should be fun. We started that after I retired the end of February. Now there are 2 of us from the group who are retired.

Sorry I was missing!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #12  
One Busy Mom!

Hi everyone! Ugh, I feel yucky today. Period came in the middle of the night... and it's a painful one. I hate cramps! And headaches! And that stubborn weight that stinks around all week long.

Enough about that.
Today has been a good day! I've only eaten 10 points out of my 20. I took a nice walk, pushing a double stroller. And I've drank almost 2 bottles of water. I NEED that scale to start moving *down* again....!!!

Tonight my daughter has a Spring Concert at school.

Tammy, my son Will just became a Wolf. And Colby will start cub scouts next year. My daughter is a Junior Girl Scout.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #13  

Tracy, I've been crampy all day today. I am too old to still be dealing with this!

I've done well on food today also. Just hope I don't get the munchies before bedtime. Is it Tiger, Bear, then Wolf? I was Den Leader for Tigers and the next one. I was there to help out with all the levels after those though. It was a fun time in our lives, so enjoy every minute!! I also helped coach Tim's baseball teams in the summer. He is in college now, so I don't get to help out too much now except when it's talking about classes or women!! lol

It is so cool here! The high was about 70 today. A nice breeze has been blowing all day, it has been sunny.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

I wouldn't mind some of that cool weather. The high here today was 90. Tomorrow it's expected to get up to 93. It's definitely summer weather now.
Brittany, how are you doing?
Tracy, sorry about the cramps. That's no fun.
Susan, have you been sleeping all day, resting up?
Tammy, I missed you--didn't know what happened to you.
I've never heard of penny slot machines. That's a new one. Glad you all had a good time.
About the cell phone---David only turns his on in the car. I wish he'd turn it on at home, when he's on the computer. That way I could get him if I needed to. We got him the phone, years ago, for safety while driving.
Olive Garden.....Yummy that's where we're going for my birthday meal.

Oh, I told my doctor how hard it was to lose weight. He did some blood work to check metabolism stuff. And, he said that he told people that Weight Watcher's was a very good program. How about that, smart doctor!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:40 AM   #15  

Tina, right now it is 48 degrees! It's very cool in here, and there are no windows open. I hadn't seen the penny slots when we were there before. I think they keep them hidden. Tim doesn't have a phone in his dorm room, so the cell is the only way to contact him. They have a place for one, but the school doesn't furnish one. Last year his roommate brought a "real" phone for their room. Tim will be getting one for the fall for sure. He'll be in the same room as last year, but his roommate and his other friends are all moving to the brand new dorm across campus. Tim is staying where he is because of his job.

When is your b-day???? Can I meet you at Olive Garden? Let us know what the bloodwork shows.