General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default What Do you wear?

l

Last edited by staciec878; 07-07-2007 at 10:53 PM.
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

well how about a suit (pants or skirt depends on what mood your in) with a wrap top under the jacket, they tend to cut along the stomach and supposedly draw attention to the cleavage, if your not confortable with that how about a floatly v necked dress with a simple jacket. I dont really know if these will flatter your figure though because i dont know your shape (apple, pear etc. <why all the fruit i ask?)
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I think Im an apple. So usually on job interviews you usually wear a suit jacket right?
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Only wear a suit jacket if it looks nice..NOt one of those big baggy man jackets LOL. I have the cutest little black corduroy (custom made LOL) suit jacket with slightly flared sleeves and one button right beneath the bosom to cinch me in where my waist is the smallest. I don't suppose that would work for you being an apple though.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I'd like to add if you have a briefcase take it along too along with questions you have prepared on a notebook that you can take notes on. Shows you are serious about the job and interested. Best of luck, job interviews are nerve racking!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #6  
hara hachi bu

I second the suit idea! Dark or neutral, with a splash of color maybe. And don't overlook your nails. My mom said that service and hospitality jobs typically show your hands a lot so you don't want grubby nails or anything.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

I think you should wear a skirt suit! Dark, with a light colored shirt underneath. Good Luck!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:53 AM   #8  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Well, when my engineering class was forced (for a grade, how CRUEL haha) to go to the career fair our prof. had someone come in and say that you should wear a nice, professional looking suit (darker colored like brown, black, charcoal, navy, but some lighter grays are okay) with a modest length skirt (not too far above the knee) or pants. No cleavage showing. She said that the majority of people go into a job interview wearing stuff like they see "professionals" on TV wearing, but most of that stuff is realistically too sexy to be worn in an actual professional working environment. However, this might not apply here, as I think engineers tend to be a little more uptight about protocol and things like that.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Ah, a fellow apple... What will the hotel require you to wear on the job? That's a good guide for what to wear to an interview.

At my hotel job, I wore a black jacket, white blouse and black and white houndstooth skirt that came just past the knee. For my interview, I wore a pair of black slacks with a low heel and a colored jacket that fell just below my hips (not too long) with a shell in the same color as the jacket. I had also wore a nice, simple pair of earrings with a matching necklace that fell just at the collar bone.

For my current job, I wear suits most of the time and the interview outfit I described would be a Friday outfit. I wore suits to my interviews there.

Avoid big jewelry and, unless you can really pull it off, scarves and colorful patterns. If this will be your first suit and/or you'll rarely have to wear one, go with black. You can always buy different colored shirts, a few jackets in different colors and patterned skirts to expand your wardrobe. If it's possible, buy 2 pairs of pants. They wear more quickly than the jacket since you'll probably take the jacket off and I like to have one the proper length for flats and another for heels.

Remember, a well-constructed suit can and should be tailored so buy to fit your largest part (for me, that's my chest) and spend the extra $20-60 to get it fit perfectly- your confidence will follow! And you can continue to have it tailored as you lose weight, which is a lot cheaper than buying new!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Like everyone else said, wear a nice suit. Suit jackets work wonders for hiding fat - I rarely do business attire without them. I just feel so self conscious, and suit jackets help me hide. Black is also a great color for slimming, but what fat chick doesn't know that? Sticking with dark colors helps us look less fat. If you have big boobs, you could pull off a low-cut shirt, as long as you make sure it doesn't hug your tummy too much and draw attention to anytihng unflattering.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #11  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

If you're an apple, I'd go with some nice, fairly wide leg pants, maybe even pinstriped, that will balance out your upper half (AND they're comfortable!) with a jacket and nice but not too sexy top underneath. Good luck!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I would go with a lightly pinstriped pantsuit probably in a gray. And try for a light or white blouse that's a bit tapered and don't tuck it. I know I tried tucking when I was larger and I always thought I looked too frumpy. Like it highlighted my large waist and of course it ALWAYS wanted to come untucked. So I generally kept my blouses short and hanging out, so they were JUST over the waistline of the pants.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Black is great for shoes and bags, too. Because a briefcase can be awkward to juggle, you can always buy a leather (or vinyl) portfolio to bring with you. I find them on sale at drugstores all the time so they're cheaper than a briefcase, too. Black is always in style, always in season and always on sale somewhere!!!

So, what's the job? Spill the goods already!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Check out the What Not to Wear and other fashion books at a bookstore. Just speed read and look at pics for your figure - and notes about job hunting.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 AM   #15  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
Im going tomm. to a nice hotel to apply for a job, where they interview you right there.
Hi stacie, just wanted to wish you luck with your interview, I noticed we are similar weights/goals all the best to you.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote