Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Where is the Support?

I joined this community a week ago and have only heard from the host and 1 member? I thought I was here for support?

Others that I have answered and introduced myself to on their thread haven't even replied to me and have at least 14 replies from other members.

What's the trouble all I'm a woman in need of others for support!

Lizzy G
Lizzy Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Lizzy, I don't normally post on the 40-somethings thread (even though I'm 40-something). Not every thread is as active as others so that could be the problem here (may not be, I don't know). Also sometimes new people are on the site, respond for a few threads, then don't come back for a while. Also some new people to the forum don't know how to get back to the threads they were once on, so it could be a combination of any of the above. Don't give up, try posting in different threads. You may find some that suit you better. I know there is a "featherweight" thread that appears to be pretty active for people who don't have a lot to lose. The other threads that I am familiar with are for those who have a lot of lose, so you probably wouldn't be interested in those. Keep looking around though, there is great support here.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I've noticed that on the 40 somethings forum, the most active thread is the 47 and no idea thread. If you look at that one, it is the thread that started the whole 40 something group. There is a lot of conversation on that thread. I've looked at some of the other posts that you've had and they were really directed to one other person, so I didn't reply because I didn't have anything to add. I just thought you wanted to hear from that one other person. My mistake! Hang in there.
I agree with JTammy, though, that you might want to find some other forums in addition to the 40 somethings. The other thing I've noticed from here is that... being 40 something... many of us are really wrapped up with kids, family, work, etc. We may only comment once a week here.
Don't give up!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #4  

Thank you ladies I appreciate your information...onward!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Height: 5'8

Hi LIz
I am Tracey and I just joined today. Like you and I am going to need support. I am 41 and have 3 kids that are very active. Guess what.... I cant keep up with them because of my weight. I always use the excuse that I am tired when really I am just too fat and too SOB to do what they are doing. That is all changing!!!!!! My father-n-law had a heart attack this week and had open heart surgery. Yrs of being overweight, and lack of exercise. I dont want that for myself. He said this was a wake up call for him and it has also been one for me. Wish me luck and goodluck on your quest. God BLess!!! I really do want to get my butt on a bike seat. Right now that would be impossible.LOL
TraceyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #6  

Talking Get your butt up off the couch!.....

Tracy,
\My husband has had 4 heart attacks and is only 46! bad genetics.I feed him only the best foods for his heart and mine.So I understand your fear ,I live with it everyday.

I had a Hysterectomy at 30 and have found it close to impossible to lose the weight. I'm eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks with exercise. If I can do it you can too, we will help each other. I need to mention I'm a Chef by trade and can help you with any recipe you may need.

I say we forget about losing weight to be thin and change our lifestyle for health reasons,lets focus on that.I have no children but you do and they will always need you. Lets help each other.

Liz
Old 06-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #7  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I didn't even know that this board existed on here, and I've been here for almost a year (lurking for most of it ). I'm 43 and have a long journey ahead of me.

Nice to meet other 40 somethings on here.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Hi Lizzy

I'm not in my 40's... yet... (getting close!) but I saw your post and just wanted to say... I KNOW exactly how you feel. I go through phases here where I feel a sense of support and belonging and then other times I think "am I invisible???". The thing is, this community has SO many members it's really hard to just jump right in and be a part of everything, it takes time to find your place and your support.

Whatever you do, don't give up...there are people out there who do want to support you. Start posting all over the place...wherever you feel you have something to add or comment and you will "meet" those people who are the ones for you (hope that makes sense!)

I see you have a diet blog, so I'll hop on over there - I have found actually that the blogs are more my forte and I'm pretty happy with the support I've gotten over there
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There's a Canadian support group too.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114039

I didn't answer because ... I've never had a hysterectomy, I don't know nuthin' bout no 3 hour Diet , I worked 6 days last week and had a yard sale yesterday ....

The weekends can be slow Lizzy, just hang around and post wherever, you'll find support and read encouraging things all over the place.

Last edited by srmb60; 06-03-2007 at 07:04 AM. Reason: to add a link
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Are you looking in the right place? i looked at your posts and saw several responses.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I don't post much on the 40-something thread (in fact, this is my 2nd, I think ) I usually post mostly on the regular support thread. That seems to be where most of the "supporters are supportin" these days.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Liz
That eaten healthy sounds great to me. I really think I am going to do ok this time. My focus is going to be on teaching myself the right way to eat and to start exercising on regular basis and not worrying about what the scales say. Before I would try and then weight myself if I didnt lose what I thought I should have I would just give up. This time I am not making the scales the focus . My thing is I dont know of any good ideas for snacks other that just fruits or veg. I did get me a couple of books hoping to get a few ideas from that. I just dont want to get bored.
Tracey
TraceyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #13  

Talking Sorry!

I forgot about putting his in 40 something! I will think of something witty to say soon and be back on...lol. I'm losing my mind forgive me.Thank you to all who took the time to support me....Lizzy xo
Old 06-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi Liz - Glad that you are getting more responses now. Since you are a chef who cooks healthful food, what are some of your favorite healthy foods?

I see you are 45 and had a hysterectomy at 30 --- do you have kids? I'm 39, no kids. I feel like I'm one of the few at this age without kids. Just wondering...
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Most of us on the Back In Kindergarten thread are in our 40's, you are welcome to join us there.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote