Old 05-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Check in Chat - Monday, May 28th - June 3rd

Good Morning,

I'm just starting up today's thread to make sure everyone is okay with the new server move. If your having problems, please PM Suzanne or check out the Announcements and Forum Help board. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

So ????? how are you all planning (or not) on staying OP during the bbq's today and this weekend ??? I know it was always a big challenge for me when I was LCing.

Well chickies....have a good Memorial Day !!!!

Time to hit the sales

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Leenie

Thanks for starting us up on this beautiful Memorial Day,we have alot to be thankful to all our men & woman in our military now and years past fight & die in our wars to keep this country free.Remember them especially today.

Gee!! I really missed you guys,didn't read the notice on the top,until I want to get in to post and I couldn't.Hope you'll stay OP or close to it. Happy that my W-I was on Saturday soI have the whole week to work on my low carbing until I get on the scale again

We're had two BBQ's so far,and I think they we're OP. yesterday we each had 1/2 BBQ chicken with corn on the cob and salad. Today we're having BBQ Hamburger and Hot Dogs on Atkins Revolution Rolls with salad on the side. Not sweets or dessert this year.

I want to reach my goal by the end of this year and I have a long[20 lbs.] way to go.

Have to go,will be back later.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

No problem with the new server that I'v noticed, I realy apreciate all of you who keep this site running . Thank you.

I don't have to wory, about any extras as we dont have a holliday this weekend here in Canada. It's a good thing since I am a huge sucker for BBQ.
We where car shopping most of the weekend and finaly bought a 95 jimmy. It is in good shape with realy low kilometers, I like it and DH is supper happy about it. I'ts much nicer than the old truck I was driving befor.

BB, Im sure you will reach your Goal, You have been doing so well.

I'm down another lb this morning YaY 2lb to go to onederland! my clothes are starting to feel realy big now.

I hope you all had a wonderful holliday weekend!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

I stunk this weekend. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. I can tell by the look of my belly I binged on too many carbs. Bloated! Good thing is, TOM is gone tomorrow so I should be not having too many cravings for chocolate. It'll make it a little easier to get back to LC'ing. I'm afraid to step on the scale! Going to wait until the end of the week!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I did good with my menu yesterday but I had potato salad and that was too many carbs 2 lbs worth. on the scale this morning I have 4 days to get the scale down ago at my W-I.

Puncezilla-Big congrats on your one lb loss that 2 to go to be in onederland. I hope you're right,that I will reach my goal. I'm been dieting on Atkins since Aug 06,at 155 and than I went on my 40th wedding Anniversary Cruise to Hawaii and gained 13 lbs. lost 8,but its taking forever to get the last 5 lbs off. Once I do that I will work on the last 15 to lose to reach my 140 goal.

Brenda-Sorry you had a hard time with carbs, I had the same problem with the good old potato.Even when I started watching my at WW in 1990 The potato was always the culprit but do I learn from the past NO. Had to have that potato salad. You were smart to stay off that scale I had to be curious and curiosity killed the cat.

Heres that we all have a good week weightwise.

Hugs BB
Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im back on plan (again) So Im back here regularly, to keep me honest. Life has been really crazy around here. We finally got everything moved into the new store, everything is finally all coming together. I'll have to get some new pictures up in my blog soon.

Anyway, Im up too many lbs to mention....time to get serious!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 PM   #7  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning.

Hi Brenda, Don't sweat the weekend, just get right back on track. I think maybe you are to hard on yourself, dont' let the little slip ups discourage you and throw you off. I'm never 100% perfect on plan either.

BB, Thank you! and I'm sure most of the 2lbs is water and will be gone by wiegh-in. I could never wait a week to step on the scale, can't stand the suspence . I do every morning, and if I get the same # for three mornings I count it as a true loss or gain.

Hi Robin, I'm glad things are going good with your store. nice to have you back with us again.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies, my weekend eating pretty well BIT. I stuck on plan with meals, but then indulged in snacky junk. I haven't weighed today but I feel fatter. I did get in a lot of yard work and gardening, so at least I wasn't just idle. Sunday was a fun time at the lake with the kids, they all skied and wake-boarded behind our boat.

I'm cooking beans, potatoes and onions, with cornbread for dinner. Most of this came from my garden. But, it definitely isn't OP food, so I'll wait and try to get back on plan tomorrow. (I did skip lunch to try to save some of my calories for dinner). Today, I went out and weeded a bunch around my flowers and pulled up potatoes and onions and watered all my plants. Yesterday I worked a couple hrs. with big pruning shears, cutting a bunch of low-hanging tree branches. I once again have blisters on both hands.

Some good news today in the mail. After 10 long years we no longer owe any child support. (since the youngest 2 of the SD's have now moved in with us). This should make DH in a good mood today. LOL. Now we can get a court order for his XW to pay him child support. Yippeee.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Ok, my weekend is here. (I work th-Mon nightshift). I did soso. I have been on - no off - no on - no off program. Dinner with family - ate a few bites of off program stuff - started with a HUGE salad , followed by 1 pc fried catfish steak (yep, ate the breading but it wasn't thick breading), 1 small bbq rib (real sauce - oops), huge pile of green beans (YAY) and a few bites of ckn and dumplings (those are one of my kryptonites). Was up all night at work - ate 2 choc chip cookies from snack machine - how did that happen? I'm usually so good. Then breakfast with my husband's family (he had relatives in - that's why we're eating out anyway) - had toast with my bacon and eggs. Had 2 pcs toast. Ok it wasn't a total blow. Woke up this AM at 3, up by myself. Good movie on the tube. DH left Fritos scoops in kitchen? WTH. I don't buy corn chips for a reason. I can't eat just 1 serving. I ate half the bag. OK, back OP. Gotta quit the wishy washy. Gotta do this thing right again.

I am at 212.5 today. I'm working my way back to where I left off before I got sick. At least the damage was minimal.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well noted that the scale is slightly moving but more importantly is the legs are looking a slight bit slimmer fat is shifting. (hips look way to big for the legs) but that is the way I drop. hips and gut is last to go.)

Had a good day yesterday until breakfast and well dinner well I guess that is not good at all!! Will do better today.

Had the physical for the new job and they did a better job that most. really worked on eval my carpel tunnel. I kept saying it really is no big deal It has been there for 15 years and I still seem to do fine with out dropping thigs she did reccomend the braces at night as we tend to curl the arms up and that will lock the wrists and pinch the nerve. so I will be buying some braces today.

Did all my garden on the side on Monday, and wow it looks great I am sure proud of it. now if only the flowers live and grow like they are suposed to do. I just need to finish the potted flowers then i will be done. I put the left over plants in pots and stick them in between the bushes and they look great. no digging in the mulch and ripping holes in the plastic.

Kel fritos are my down fall too. the same reason I do not buy them.

Lilly I tried Potatoes in the garded once, and well what a disaster. just mounds of dirt and bugs. Some potatoes but they were all very small. We do not have that garded any more. moved.

Puncezilla I do the same thing with my scale. 3 days for same reading or atleast twice, and I will get excited.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

Kel, my downfall this past weekend was cheese puffs, cookies and mixed nuts. I'm back OP today. Haven't weighed yet to survey the damage. I'm just chalking it up to the fact that it was a holiday weekend and most of the time we were at the lake. So, I'm moving on and back to my regular plan today.

nasus, I didn't have any trouble growing potatoes. I am pulling some while they are still small for "new potatoes" to use with fresh green beans. I love them that way. We sprinkle all the plants with SEVEN dust to keep the bugs off. It really seems to work.

I only planted the watermelon and cantaloupe last week and just can't wait to eat them. LOL. I am amazed at how quickly things grow. 2 days ago, I had 10 small tomatoes on my plants, but yesterday I had 17 tomatoes on my plants. Now both rows of peas have 2-3 inch pea pods on them. I have squash everywhere that is 3-4 inches long. My corn plants are about waist high. I want DD to take a pic of garden for me so I can post it. I'm so proud of all my hard work. DH keeps telling me I'm a "great farmer". LOL. All the hedges I planted started out 6" high and now are 1.5 feet high.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #12  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone.
Ok so today I am really really tired. I was up till about 1:30 am cleaning for my "Pampered Chef Party" tonight, and trying to make everything look "perfect" does it you ask? NO! I have slacked off and had to do so much and I still have to cook when I get home... Arghh!
Then I woke up late, 6:00am instead of 5:15 and I did the typical B/N weigh in, and I am up 1lb... I am getting frustrated. REALLY frustrated, I have not cheated with the exception of Sunday when I had a couple drinks at the BBQ but it seems as if everytime I drink I lose 1-2 and then now I have been stuck in the same place for a WEEK...

OK so I am a bit testy today but comeon! I am 31 and this just isn't working like it did when I was 27! I still am having a hard time getting the strips purple. and I honestly have not cheated... I don't know what i am doing wrong except the last 5-7 days I haven't been eating my veggies cuz I thought that if I just do protein, and very very low carbs that might make a difference. I am not having anymore of those SugarFree candies, I ate the last one lst night and I slowed way down on those. like to 1-2 a day, so I am not going to buy anymore of those and I was also looking in the book, My favorite soda is "diet" orange soda and I have 2 of those a day but I drink more then 2 liters of water every weekday I have a 2 ltr jug at my desk here at work and I fill it up twice a day and if I don't finish the 2nd one I am not hard on myself as that would be 4 liters but I make myself do at least the 1 jug a day.
On top of that I have been on my period for like the last 2 weeks on and off... *(sorry gentlemen, (If there are any on here))*!!!
I told my friend that I am about ready to give up... I don't know why the first 12 lbs came off so fast and now ABSOLUTLY nothing...
I am having that party tonight and I really want to eat a few things. but i am afraid if I have even the littlest of carbs that I won't be able to get back on the wagon... ANY SUGGESTIONS!

arghhhhhh!!!
Sorry everyone I guess I feel safe enough to rant here!!!
jabunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im not sure what to tell you ja, but I think having your period for the last 2 weeks on and off would have alot to do with it. I was like that before starting low carb 10yrs ago....once I got into the swing of things, everything evened out. I have pcos, and only the last 5 yrs of my life, have I been regular. Im sure the hormonal stuff, has alot to do with why you are not loosing right now. Hang in there, and dont give up. You'll be alright

Me, Im still struggling. I stepped on the scale yesterday, and reached another all time high since I had lost all the weight. For some reason, I am having an extremely difficult time eating the way I am suppose to be. It has gotten to a point, where absolutely NOTHING fits anymore. I have to go out this afternoon and pick up a couple t-shirts. I will get better....I just need it to get better now.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

I stepped on the scale also this morning....and was a little surprised it said what it did--but should have expected it. I'm hoping that I can get back OP and drop this stuff. I've had to buy knew clothes (back into elactic wasted pants/shorts) again so that I could breathe (or bend over. But not at the same time!!). Have a great day ladies and don't forget your water!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We had a beautiful day for walking,but DH & I decided to take the day off from walking along the beach, maybe I do some arm weights while watching tv.

Punezilla-You were right I lost 1 lb of the 2 this morning so maybe i lose the other before my W-I.

Robin-Welcome back,happy to see that your new business is taking shape. Good luck and best wishes that its successful.

Lily-You certainly a great gardener .Hope all your veggies turn out and no bunnies try to eat the leaves for harvest time. Happy that things are working out with the child support.

Kel-Happy to see you back on the low carb wagon,and that your weight didn't suffer that badly. I stayed OP over the holiday weekend except for corn on the cob & Potato Salad,I will never give that up,as its my favorite veggie especially at a BBQ or Picnic.The potato salad is once in a while food,so it never will be missed.

Nasus-Happy to hear that you're losing both ways in weight & slimming. :congrats: in those two achievements. Hope the wearing the braces at night help you carpel tunnel.

Jabunney-Sorry you having so much trouble on the old scale. That fantastic that you lost 12lbs,but that was water weight. After that the body takes time to lose the next pound. We all went thought that.That 1 lb that you gained this weekend will come off its
water. You have to be patient,when you said that you just ate protein to keep the carbs low, wasn't a good idea.The body need carbs to burn for energy.After you got off the Induction Plan and go on the OWL you have to add carbs [20-25] not take them away.You might be going into a starvation mode,where the scale will not budge. Hope that helps,and by all means this is the place to rant and rage!! We are here on this thread to help & support you any way we can.

Have a great one

Hugs BB