General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Daughter Leaves Altar Crying....

TEARS OF JOY!

This proud dad had the MOST BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER EVER!

The wedding went off, against my wishes () The New Husband then kidnapped her and took her to Hawaii for 10 days...he didn't even think that she might like to spend a few days with her dad after she got married!

REHEARSAL DAY ~

Friday was the rehearsal and dinner. The groomsmen went golfing for the day, my son lost and had to wear a PINK girlie outfit to the rehearsal. He was, as always, a good sport about it! The bridesmaids and flower girls spent the day having lunch and going to the spa to get their nails done. We did the rehersal and had a dinner of mexican food, fajitas, very good! The rehearsal dinner was at a banquet hall on the campus where the wedding was held.

After the dinner, the kids, groomsmen, bridesmaids and young family and friends went to Petco Park to watch a Padres game. After the game the girls all came back to the historical alumni house to stay for the evening.

Angie and I joined her family at the historical US Grant hotel ~ WOW! what a place, for drinks in the lounge. Her brother was staying there, we pushed our bar bill close to $300! for 8 of us! OUCH!! The rest of us were staying at a nice hotel down on San Diego harbor. We were walking downtown San Diego, NO! driving involved.

WEDDING DAY ~

The day of the wedding the groomsmen went golfing AGAIN! Angie and one of her sisters headed over to the alumni house at 6:00 am. to meet the girls. My sister in law did the hair for my daughter and me ex-wife and my step-daughter, another gal did the rest of the girls hair while another gal did make-up for everyone.

The wedding was absolutely wonderful. 150 in attendence and everyone cried!! tears of joy for the kids. The weather was nice, a little cool but not cold. We had the ocean view and breeze. Everyone was gorgeous, especially my daughter!

After the pictures, the kids drove to the reception in my son in law's restored '50 something pick-up, that he and his dad and grandpa had worked on. One thing I have never mentioned is that my SIL's father passed away a little over a year ago from cancer. The truck is VERY special to my SIL.

The reception was held at a restaurant on San Diego harbor. A beautiful view of downtown San Diego and the sail boats.

Dinner: Tossed green salad ~ Main course: Filet Mignon or Sauteed Chicken with mushrooms served with potatoes and vegetables OR Vegetable Lasagna. Kids menu: Chicken fingers with french fries (My daughter even had color books and crayons for the little ones to keep busy with) Desert: White cake with Bavarian Cream & Strawberries, Bavarain Cream & Lemon or Mango Passion Fruit

We did the father daughter dance to Tim McGraws MY LITTLE GIRL ~ I love that song for it's last line "Between me and you, he won't be good enough!" I sang it loud and clear!

My toast was, as usual, not even close to what I intended to say. Everyone got a kick out of my "melt down" and humor...they said it was the best ever, better than the one I did for my son's wedding. One of my son's friends asked if he could hire me to speak at his wedding in November! He has heard both of my speechess...I must really make a fool of myself!

After the reception the kids headed off in a rented Navigator to their hotel (grandpa took the classic truck home). They wouldn't tell anyone where it was, Zac didn't want his sisters to pull pranks on him.

Angie and I went back to our hotel for a little rest then joined her 2 sister's and brother and their spouses, along with my son and daughter in law, nephew and step-daughter at a new Australian restaurant in San Diego. Very fun place to be!

SUNDAY MORNING ~

In the morning we headed home and had a BBQ from 11am until 9pm at our house for around 30 people. It was great, a lot of family time, shuffleboard, bocce ball, basketball, baseball pickle and a group video game...and the Indy 500! We had so much fun!

The kids have called from Hawaii a couple of times and are having a great time being married!

I will post pictures soon...I have to go through photo bucket or something now because of our new camera and the pixels, I don't know how to do that, Angie will help me later this week.

It was a wonderful experience for our family!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-28-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations, Dad! Sounds like you did pretty well

Best wishes to the bride (and the groom - don't hit me!!) and your whole family

Heather
Old 05-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #3  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Sounds like the perfect day. Many congratulations to the bride and groom. You must have been very proud.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gary!

Congrats to both of them!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Congratulations! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a proud dad.

on a side note - what is baseball pickle?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Awww, congrats EZ! Glad the groom was able to get away with his new bride without being taken out by you first... I bet that was a close one, no?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gary, it sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. Congratulations!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations Gary, that sounds like it went just great.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Congrats, Gary. Glad there weren't any "incidents." Your daughter is a lucky woman

Kerri
Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations Gary. It sounds like a wonderful time for everyone. Your daughter is lucky to have such a great Dad! Sounds like SIL is a pretty good kid too!
Old 05-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Congrats!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Awwww. Congrats!
Old 05-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Congrats to the happy couple and the new father-in-law.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

congrats gary...it reminds me of my relationship with my dad (i'm def. daddy's lil girl)...brought a tear to my eye thinking of my wedding. Glad to hear it was a beautiful day.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

And you survived with your humor intact! Good job, Dad!
Closed Thread