Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 190/190/130

Height: 5'3

Default Whoot! Whoot! NSV!

To begin, I ran to Walmart this morning and got a new set of exercise clothes. I ran home, threw on my new outfit and headed to the park for my daily walk.

After I got home I wanted to stop down and see my sister. On the way there I said hello to my neighbor Tara. Now this is the good part. She turned around and said, “I was just talking to Sam (my nephew) about how much weight you’ve lost. You look great. Completely different.” I graciously thanked her. The compliment was completely unexpected. She went on to ask what I’ve been doing. I told her I count calories, try to eat natural foods, and exercise. She finished with, “Well I haven’t seen you in a while and then when I do it’s like BAM you’ve lost all this weight. Good job.” I thanked her again and headed off to my sister’s, feeling absolutely spectacular. That made my day.
meghan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Wonderful! You deserve every good thing she said!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

wow!! well look at you. you've lost 40 pounds!! of course she noticed. That is awesome. sometimes it does feel really good when people tell us how great we are looking. i know that can be a backhanded compliment sometimes, but aren't we losing the weight so we do feel better about our physical appearance?? Great job!! Congrats on the great weight loss so far!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

That's GREAT! I think that at 40 pounds people must notice but some are afraid to mention it. But when they do....it feels so good. I'm still a little uncomfortable with compliments. Not sure why. But I guess I feel like I still have so much more to lose and don't want people to notice until I'm done. Is that incredibly weird or what? hahaha....

Congrats again on the NSV! You keep going!

Tina
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/264/140

Height: 5'6"

That is awesome! I would be booty shakin' all over the place *^__^*
khep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #6  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Very nicely done!!! Congrats on your loss and the encouraging words from your neighbor!!
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote