S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Default LAWL Losers and Friends _ Week of May 21- 27, 2007

Oooh, am I the first to post?
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Monday morning everyone! I am sitting up in bed watching Dallas and waiting until 6 AM, so that I can start my POP day without any hitches. Well, I finally cheated my fat arse off this weekend. I was so frustrated about my weight not moving...that I ate Pizza Hut Fri & Sat...all day...grazed like a cow on Meat Lovers and Supreme!!! I will say I enjoyed every last bite and sort of didn't care about my weight this weekend. It was liberating! And guess what, my scale has not moved as of this morning. In a way, I wanted it to go up...If it does go up later this week due to my weekend indiscretions, I don't think I will get upset. I am/was stressed about being OP and not seeing "results". So, I needed a relief. (Disclaimer: Do not try this, as individual results may occur. ) Other than that, I've been very busy...still. The yard is almost where DH and I want it, the redecorating is getting there, and the regular housework is still not done. Aaahh, life goes on!

So, what's up with everyone?

Liz & Dan- Sorry to hear about your COD catastrophy. Hopefully, contacting your credit card co. will resolve this. Awful, just awful what these folks did. I know with you and Liz being each other's counselors, you two will probably do much better than the crazed ones at COD.

Libby- Have your arms fallen off yet?

WendyNC- That's great your hubby has started LAWL. Hopefully, him and Dan can get to know each other.

KrispieD- Did you stay away from the liquid fruit this weekend? You still inspire me.

Wendy2- How's the workout coming along? Hint, Hint. Actually, I am supposed to start my extra courses of walking today, so I am sending you some "work out power dust" your way.

Joni- How was your outing this weekend? Glad to hear about Evette's goal weight...She is actually how I found this forum. I googled LAWL and 100 lb weight loss and her post showed up. She is so inspirational.

Angie- Yeah, it did sound like a Nat'l Geographic moment. Hopefully, you didn;t have too much of a mess to clean up.

BobbySam- Where are you girl?

Dannette- You are real!!! Cute pic!

Who else??? Well, 6 AM has come and gone...so food is on my mind. Can't remember much else now. Will check in later...I have WI today.
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #3  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone,

Heres to a POP week - at least for me. I will go to COD for the dreaded WI tomorrow. It is a long weekend here this weekend so they are not open today. I have been slacking the last 2 weeks and I can't anymore. Make that I WON'T anymore. So I got out my LAWL binder and the cookbook and this afternoon I am going to re-read everything including my plan book to get myself going again.

It is going to be a bit harder starting next week where for 5 weeks I will be 4p-12a everyday at work during my training but I am going to try and talk to my COD (providing I get one of the knowledgable ones) and get some suggestions. Tomorrow after work I will hit the store to get some more fresh fruit and veggies for the week.

So that's my plan. Also with working so late in the day I am going to walk everyday I can through the day before I go to work. Time to dig out the pedometer and start tracking my steps again.

Today I am getting together with a friend for a couple of hours but other than that it is pretty wide open. I go see furkid tomorrow night. Back to work tomorrow too but only for 4 days and then no more with that client.

Have a great day everyone
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I will say I enjoyed every last bite and sort of didn't care about my weight this weekend. It was liberating! And guess what, my scale has not moved as of this morning. In a way, I wanted it to go up...If it does go up later this week due to my weekend indiscretions, I don't think I will get upset. I am/was stressed about being OP and not seeing "results". So, I needed a relief. (Disclaimer: Do not try this, as individual results may occur. )
Morning letisha and I am real lol pictures make a person more real than a big bowl of fruit lol

your up bright and early and remebered to post on the new thread wtg..... I love the fact that you posted....(Disclaimer: Do not try this, as individual results may occur. ) that was to funny!!!!! You know I think you were right that maybe you needed a break just to break loose and I admire you for being able to get back on plan today.....I had pizza last night 2 large peices and my reason for having it was we painted the kitchen ceiling and the bathroom yesterday and they still need another coat today..so we needed a quick meal but I have to say my body tells me when it doesn't like grease because I was asleep 2 hours later lol......Today is my daughters 15th birthday today and she has quite a few friends comming over for dairy queen ice cream cake that she is making herself....(yes kristen I said dairy queen again)......however I have resolved I will be POP today and tommorrow before I have to go on the liquid diet on wed before my tests...hoping to have the fat cells flushed down the toliet ....no WI for me till a week from today. I am not even going to get on my home scale because I don't want to see a big loss and then when I start eating again to see a gain......I think that would piss me off and make me go off plan...Well I have to tell you all I put on a pair of shorts I wore last summer to paint and was so amazed they almost fell off they are so loose that they are now hip huggers with the crutch down to my knees it felt so good to have them so big...but i think thats why i had the pizza because I felt skinny......but today I realized I AM STILL A FAT WOMAN and back on plan

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend....It has been so quite here....so everyone wake up and tell us what you did on this long weekend
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #5  
Danette lawl march 20/07

alahanah for getting back on plan

I take it you work in home care? is it for the elderly.. one on one or in a group home?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #6  
Alannah

Hey Danette - you and I were typing at the same time. How's it going in Cape Breton? It is still miserable here. Nothing but clouds and rain for almost a week now. We might get a few sunny periods today but I imagine they will be fleeting. Where are you in CB? I was in Sydney for 7 years when I was a kid on Castle drive just up the hill from the Holiday Inn (at least it was still the Inn a few years ago) We were right smack in the middle of the hill. The house is still there. Several years ago my mom and dad went back for a visit and got pictures and it still looks the same.

Oh well, don't worry about the pizza. We all have slip ups and we can all recover. You enjoyed it and today is a new day!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #7  
Alannah

No Danette I work in a call center and we are getting a new client that I am moving over to. Recently I moved into the quality department...when you hear "this call may be recorded for quality purposes"....that's me listening at the other end to see how the rep did and score the call. I will be doing that for the new client and the training for it is 5 weeks. Unfortumately I got one of the late shifts so I am not looking forward to that. Right now I deal with a company in BC but this new on is Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #8  
Danette lawl march 20/07

I am by the mayflower mall (Green road) about 4 miles from where you lived...do you remember anything about sydney as you were young leaving...do you have realatives still here? I worked at a call centre stream and eds what client are you getting...I know I called aliant and got n.b
Old 05-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #9  
Alannah

My center is all inbound. Billing and collections calls for natural Gas. We have an outbound center in this city but I couldn't do that. I hang up whenever sales reps call me!! I tell ya I can explain just about anything to do with a heating utility. Whether it is gas, oil or hydro they are all the same. I spent most of this winter explaining to friends and family why their hydro bills were so high. Even the older ladies in my building were asking me to explain. They congregate in the lobby area of my building each night and it is usually when I am getting home so I get ambushed!!!

I have no family in CB. I do in Halifax but that's it. I don't remember much about Sydney, other than some of the neighborhood where I lived. My school got torn down just after I left and turned into a seniors home. But to go out the mall way...no I don't remember that.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #10  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Quick good morning to all. I'm super jealous of anyone that is teaching and this is their last week (this is the last week of school for Georgia kids). When is Kim's TT? and I do believe Julie and Josie get home today!! WELCOME HOME GUYS!

Letisha - good job on getting our new weekly chat format up and running. Hope your pizzafest doesn't get the best of you, but I certainly know how you feel. Every so often, you just have to give in.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #11  
Danette lawl march 20/07

alannah do you have messenger???? add me in [email protected]
Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #12  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Kim's TT is tomorrow!!! I bet she is getting so excited.
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Good morning guys! Just a quick stop to say hello. Theres no way to get caught up with all the pages I havent read through. I've got a million things to get done today since I'll be out of comission for a while. A Mothers work is never done!
Say a prayer or two for me in the morning, surgery is at 7:30. It will take about 2 1/2 hours, a few in recovery then home to sleep with some really good drugs! LOL I'll get in touch as soon as I can to let you know how everything went!
On the food front? I ate horrible all weekend and I feel like crap! LOL So lets hope a few days on a liquid diet will undo all the damage I did! Never thought I would look forward to beef broth and jello!
Hope everybody has a great week and I'll be back as soon as I can!! You'll never know how much the support of this group means to me!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #14  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Hi Letisha. No, my arms haven't fallen off yet but I did manage to spend Friday night in the emergency room. Seems I either have carpel tunnel or nerve damage that is effecting my fingers on my right hand and 2 on my left. They were burning so bad I just wanted to chop them off! And, very oddly, they swelled so bad that they caused severe bruising underneath my acrylic nails (I know, wierd to have when you are a decorative painter). I finally had to soak them off to get some relief because they were pushing up behind them.

So, I thought I would post a couple of pics of the completed ceiling so you can see what has cause all this damage to my body. Hope this works...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2099.jpg (30.9 KB, 32 views)
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #15  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning people! Was a nice weekend. I got my pantry bleached out and organized. One would think that would be a fairly simple task huh? 4 freakin hours. I also cleaned out the fridge. It looks so nice I hate to fill it up again. Saturday was a very busy day doing stupid little chores like that and Sunday I just vegitated all day. I got my earthbox planted on Saturday as well. Crossing my fingers for a good crop. I found the farmers market and bought several things. The best was the black eyed peas. Boy were they delicious. My son even devoured them and he normally hates peas. I was hoping they counted as veggies but I see they sucked up my starches. BLAST IT ALL.

So, couple of questions. I found some pepperidge farms bread that's thin sliced and 40 calories per slice - would 2 slices count as 1 starch? Also, I don't see granola in my book. It's organic, reduced fat, 120 calories per serving. I was going to count it as a starch but since I don't see it in the book i thought I'd better double check.

Kim ....1

Where is Kim anyway, did I mis-count? Is she under the knife as we speak? There you are! You must have been posting at the same time. I have been counting down for you.

Hey Letisha - good to see you again.

WI was a pain. I didn't lost an ounce and she tore my book to shreds. I really do try to eat all this food but it's harder and harder each week. Starting to feel fat again, not that I ever got unfat but I felt smaller at least. Went on a mission this weekend and grabbed a bunch of stuff out of debs cookbook and cooked/prepped Sunday. We had the chicken with onion soup recipe yesterday (can't remember what it was called). I have the chicken for the asian lettuce wraps in the fridge marinating and I've got shredded chicken in the freezer for chicken rollups and the taco fettucini is in the freezer ready to nuke. I should be ok till Thursday which is graduation day. I will be making myself a turkey buger so I won't be terribly off plan. I packed everything up for the day. Yogurt and granola for snack, v8 for breakfast, leftover chicken and rice from last nice and a container of frozen fruit for snack.

OH OH OH When I went to the store yesterday I found some 80 calorie zone bars. They are little baby ones. I don't really do LA Lites but would these count as 2 zone = 1 la lite? I don't mind eating 2 a day on these for 80 cals each.

Water aerobics tonight - give me strength to go. I actually broke down and bought a smaller bathing suit this weekend. HEY I BOUGHT A SMALLER BATHING SUIT!!! I do have a question though. I'm very confused about sizing.

The lady at the store said that X = 14 so if we go on that logic 1X = 16, 2x=18 etc., etc., I actually thought 2x = 22, but I'll get over that. Now on the same rack they have size 16, 18, 20 (never see a 14 in a big girl store). In my closet I have a mix of 2x and 22/24's - according to the lday those aren't even the same sizes. But both used to fit me. Now I'm fitting in 1x or size 20. I don't fit into an 18 or a 16 which is what she said a 1x is. This is at Catherines by the way. Does anyone know the real scoop on sizing for big girls?

Libby - how pretty!

Last edited by smjezzy; 05-21-2007 at 09:51 AM.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote