Old 04-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Question meifast vs. optifast

I was wondering what is the differences if any between medifast and optifast. Which everyone I choose they will be supervised. On optifast I wouldnt go below 800 calories. Is the price about the same? Or does one taste better than the other? Do they both produce the same amout of results?? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks
Stacie
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #2  
it's always something

As far as I know, Optifast is medically supervised while Medifast isn't. Since you can experience some serious health problems by dropping down that low, it's recommended that you are medically supervised. We have several members here that have done Medifast, with varying results. Check the forum search engine for some interesting posts. One of the pitfalls with this type of diet is that it's so easy to regain weight (and faster) than other types of diets. It might be ok for someone with just a few pounds to lose, but if you have to lose a lot and need to stay on the diet a long time, then you may have problems maintaining. Look what happened to Oprah

If you do decide to follow this type of diet, please check the forum for others that are doing it and maybe you can find a diet buddy.

Good luck
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #3  

Well I decided to go with jenny instead, I really just dont think I can not eat anything.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #4  

I would have tried Jenny years ago, I just can't afford it. I wonder if Kristy would like to sponsor me

Good luck to ya!
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #5  

Yeah when my mom found out how much she was going to be paying for it, she told me to call Kristy!!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #6  

Hi, I agree with Suzanne, that maintenance is the difficult part of dieting, and too often the lost weight comes back with a vengeance! Losing the weight, on Medifast(I am on this plan) is really so easy. But, once past transition, it is very easy to gain some or all of the weight back and that is one reason why Medifast recommends a maintenance program, using their products along with regular food. And, this is why, we see many re-starters.

I plan to join WW when I have reached my goal. I have no intention of eating Medifast supplements for the rest of my life, as is suggested. That ought to tell us something about regaining lost weight, huh?! Companies make money off of the dieting consumer, so why should their diet plans end! After weight loss goals are reached, they continue to suggest their products for, what I assume, is a lifetime.

With WW, there will be good portion control, nothing is forbidden in moderation, and it seems like the logical step to take after weight goals have been reached. Finance-wise, WW makes more sense, as Medifast is expensive. And, attending monthly meetings will hopefully add to maintenance. I am one who has to see weight come off at a decent pace. Four pounds a month and I would lose motivation on other programs. But, this is just me. No matter what plan one chooses, I wish everyone on this forum, wonderful success in attaining their goals.
joanie719 is offline   Reply With Quote