General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Fiance Disappears

EDIT ~ EDIT~ This ran 1 year ago ~ Monday will be the 1 year anniversary of my daughter's wedding to my son in law . Some of you may remember me going through this tough time in my life All my worries came true....she married him . He is on his third job since they married...she still has the same one and has completed her Master's...I think he golfed and played tennis this year.....oh....and slept in!

BRINGING IT BACK FOR THE MEMORIES....mine

NOT REALLY! BUT BOY DO I WISH!

The fiance happens to belong to my daughter. They will be getting married next Saturday unless I can think of a way to stop it!

I have been trying to get this kid out of my life for over 6 years now, actually 11 years but 6 since they became a "couple " He isn't a bad guy, probably pretty good marriage material...FOR SOMEONE ELSES DAUGHTER!

To put it simply...he has just taken precious moments of my daughter's time away from me! And I don't feel like standing for it anymore!

It all started when she was 11 years old. She went with me to drop off her brother at his first tennis match....see where I am going with this? She went with ME!. Anyway, when we went back to pick him up she says "Daddy, I think I would like to try that." The next day I take her up to the courts and sign her up. My first BIG mistake.

Seems that there was this little 13 year old up there that was the coaches "pet". Seems the little P.I.M.B. was up there every day since it was his P.E., being home schooled and all and he lived only a few blocks from the courts.

Before I knew it, I would hear "Daddy, my coach is so cute " I'm like "WHAT!" "Your coach is almost my age!" "No, daddy! Coach Zac." Seems that Coach Tom had coach Zac take care of the beginners, being the coaches pet and all.

Fast forward a few years later....OK....about 6 years later, after many times of me telling her "He's too old for you" when she would bring his name up. I am sitting in my recliner which looks right onto the street. I see the little drive by, then again and again....JUMPING! out of my chair I holler at my daughter "AMANDA..yelling again GET DOWN HERE NOW!" As she is coming down the stairs from her bedroom I ask (in my mean voice) "Do you like this coach Zac?" "Noooo...daddy, why?" with a little hesitation in her voice. "GOOD! I just wondered because he is doing drive-bys" (Guys totally know what this is but we try to keep it a secret from the girls...it is when a guy, or usually a group of guys, likes a girl...they cruise by her house about a billion times...looking out of the corner of their eyes...being cool and all, hoping beyond hope that she will be outside ) She asks, "Daddy, what's a drive-by?" Seeing how she doesn't like him (2nd mistake...I believed her) I explain it to her...how he has a crush on her, but that's cool since she doesn't like him, just be nice. Within 2 minutes she had on her " I need to wash my car clothes." Dang-it!

No problem, she is heading 200 miles north for college and he is going to finish his degree at a college 50 miles south of us...that is a 250 mile spread...very comfortable for a dad! After she dates for the summer I tell her "Ya know sweetie, with you going to college and Zac going to another college, it might be a good idea to not get too serious with each other." Her reply..."Daddy what if it's too late? What if we already are serious?"

Since this is getting long I won't bore you with more details but fast forward again ~ She ends up a year later at another college...yeah...you guessed it...his... . She does well there, plays doubles on the nationally ranked top 10 tennis team for 3 years NAIA level, is an academic All-American, graduates Magna Cum Laude with Honors, interns for a NAVY research company, which she is still with, that pays her way through grad school as she works on her Masters. Just think what she could have done without in her life...and just ME!

So, about a year ago shows up at my door with a ring and asks my permission to marry my daughter. HA! I just told him what I always do, "Get out of my house and never come back!"

The NEVER listens to me! Keeps coming back....dumb!

He thinks just because he has treated her like a queen for 11 years that he has "rights"! Give me a break!

I have tried everything to stop this marriage from happening. I tell them both when the pastor (which happens to be my daughter's uncle) says "Who gives this woman?" that I am going to say "Nobody does!"

When he used to come to the door to pick her up I would just open it, see who it was, then close it. He just started walking in without knocking...did I mention he is rude?

I even promised her a car if she walks out on the that stole my daughter's heart from me.

I am a week away...have run out of ideas...I got nutin'

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-21-2008 at 10:14 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Wow. I am sorry you are upset. Your daughter sounds like a very lucky and happy young woman to have love from you as a father and him as a husband.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

LOL@EZ!!!

That is the best post I have read in a VERY long time! Thanks - I needed that... makes me want to phone my Dad... I think I will...

Heather

PS - You have a great sense of humour - I always enjoy your posts!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #4  
No description available.

Congrats, EZ!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #5  

If only you could see me doubled over in laughter. This is to funny I was having a horrible day up until I read your post. This sounds like something out of a movie. You should be voted Dad of the year. There are not many fathers out there anymore with you level of concern for your daughter. Kind of makes me a little jealous.
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hmmmmm, and my daughter just started mentioning a cute boy 2 years her senior.....

I think I'm going to go install locks on her door and windows! Catch ya'll later!

(she's 9)
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5.6

OMG - I love your post!!! That reminds me of how my Dad reacted.... but actually I think you may be handling it better... LOL I am so glad I am going to my Dad's for the weekend - I think I am going to have to get him to read your post.

Congratulations!!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #8  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I hear Mexico is lovely this time of the year
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

OMG!! I'm reading your words but hearing my husband's voice. Lord help that boy that steals his little girl's heart.

Congratulations!

P.S. - I didn't know the "drive-by" meant "crush". I thought "drive-by" meant "stalker". Maybe that's why I was over 30 before I got married.
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Wow. I am sorry you are upset. Your daughter sounds like a very lucky and happy young woman to have love from you as a father and him as a husband.

I am a DODGER fan ~ he is a Padre fan ~ I am a RAIDER fan ~ he is a Charger fan

I KNOW I love her...I think he just wants to finally "win" something!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
LOL@EZ!!!

That is the best post I have read in a VERY long time! Thanks - I needed that... makes me want to phone my Dad... I think I will...

If I can make just ONE dad happy that their daughter called them then it was worth the post!

Heather

PS - You have a great sense of humour - I always enjoy your posts!
Who's joking?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornard View Post
If only you could see me doubled over in laughter. This is to funny I was having a horrible day up until I read your post. This sounds like something out of a movie. You should be voted Dad of the year. There are not many fathers out there anymore with you level of concern for your daughter. Kind of makes me a little jealous.
For my 50th birthday, three years ago, she gave me a list of 50 reasons why she loved me ~ That made me feel like dad of THE LIFETIME! Thank you for your kind words!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Congrats, EZ!!!

Thanks MIDWIFE...did you "catch" any on MOTHER's DAY?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Hmmmmm, and my daughter just started mentioning a cute boy 2 years her senior.....

I think I'm going to go install locks on her door and windows! Catch ya'll later!

(she's 9)
TRICIA ~ MOVE! MOVE NOW! before it is too late!! Who ya playing this week-end?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #15  
hara hachi bu

LOL! That is awesome! Congrats to your daughter and the , and congrats to you for being such a wonderful father. There are many daughters out there who do not know what it feels like to have a dad who wants to spend more time with his daughter.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote