Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/156.8/135

Height: 5'4

Talking Metabolic Research Center - Take II

New thread for MRC.

The original was getting pretty lengthy.

Everyone check in!

This is a fantastic weight management plan that not only has quick initial results but also a really good long term maintenance history.

For specific program details, refer to the original thread titled Metabolic Research Center
Old 05-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176.5/163/135

Height: 5'3.5"

I posted this on the previous thread and then found the new one.....

Hello all! I have been lurking for a week and decided to register. I started MRC two weeks ago and I am down 7.4 lbs, at least according to my scale this morning. I WI this evening after work. I haven't had any problems so far and my cravings seem to have mysteriously disappeared! I look forward to sharing the journey with you all!

Kristie
Old 05-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Cool Metabolic diet

Hey all! Congrats Kristie! I just started the same diet a week ago and weighed in tonight with a 7.5 loss!I too am having no problems with cravings just pottying alot. This diet is very similar to LA weight loss
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176.5/163/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Barb. I hit the darn plateau they told us about. Apparently the fat cells say "hey wait, we are losing our shape" and they grab on to water to hold their shape. They said it would subside after a few days. I hope so, I weigh in again tomorrow night.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi MRC Chicks! I read (most) of the old thread and decided to join today. Nothing is lighter yet- except my wallet! I just took a bunch of the supplements and I'm reading through all of the literature, trying to map out my strategy.

I have to make it REALLY easy because I am a homeschooling mom with boys and get very little time to myself these days. I'm really determined to drop at least twenty pounds and I'd like to lose forty. I would love to hear recipes (has anyone compiled these from the last thread that wouldn't mind popping them in an email to me?) and how you set up your plan.

Anyway, I will be posting and hope to "meet" all of you soon. By the way, I am six years post op from Roux y Y gastric bypass surgery, where I went from 300 to 150 (and promptly became pregnant, which often happens!). Now that I've hit 170, I'm panicking. I DON'T WANT the health problems back that I had at 300, now that I've been free of them for a while. I'd love to talk to other post ops and I'm fine answering any questions about WLS.

Nice to meet y'all!!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #6  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Hope everyone finds this new thread. Welcome new folks. this a great support to me and i look forward to checking in daily.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

yay a new thread! well i finally moved to 30 lost and 41.25 inches!! so happy.. hope everyone else's weighs go swell this week too!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

If you don't mind I want to join this thread. I did MRC a couple of years ago.
but since then the centre has closed. I still have the material.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #9  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

So tonight I made the fish covered with broken melba and half a package of chicken bouillon, and it wasn't that great. What is a good way to cook fish?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240.5/222.5/150

Height: 5'8

I hope that everyone is doing well today. I was very proud of myself today. Special Olympics feed my kids pizza and I resisted, even when they brought out my favorite chocolate chip!! However, I went to pick up my son and he had pizza to bring home that my brother had given him. I LOVE pizza and I am having a really difficult time resisting it now. 2 tempting pizzas in one day is almost to much to handle.

I do not know how I will do tomorrow when I am home with my son cleaning house. Saturdays are usually not good eating days for me. I have not cheated at all so far, I am so afraid that if I start I will not be able to stop!

Sorry for the whining I will get it together, I hope!!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #11  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Good news Oreo. I'm so happy for you!

I sure hope everyone jumps over to this thread - way easier! My baby just got home from her 8th grade dance. Poor kid... She's ready to dance with boys, but they're still daring eachother to chug pixie stix. She made the comment that boys take girls for granted. I don't think she knows what she's saying and yet ~ hmmm....

I fit in loose 22's, down from a very tight 24. I can even fit in "fat lady" 20's. You know, the elastic waist band jeans. BUT I have this pair of SO CUTE jean capris that are a 22 that I can't even pull half way up my thighs. I know they run small, but good grief! Can't we all get together and agree on how many inches run in a certain size? That's all I ask. And Orlando Bloom to cook for me each night. Is that too much to ask???
Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #12  
Registered Awesome.

S/C/G: 171.5/155.5/124

Pizza is the thing that I crave the most! Everyone keeps saying "just don't think about it" but it's soo hard!

We'll pull through!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6

i love your idea of sizes michelle.. i hate to think i am a certian size in fat clothes but cannot get into "real" clothes at the same size.. i wish it were all the same inches...lol..
Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/178/160

Coolallison,

Cooking fish can be tough but if you get a good white fish (I love Sea bass) I like to use the melba and boullion blend and then pan fry in pam. Make sure it's cooked well so it's not mushy. Don't cook on too high heat because it will burn.
Another great way my husband made it for Mother's day is to cut veggies (onion, pepper, carrots, celery) in thin strips (julienne style), coat with seasoning (boullion, tarragon, pepper, salt optional and 2 tbls white wine), wrap in parchment paper (15in. squares to fold veggies and fish. seal the edges with narrow folds), bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until parchment is puffy. This was restarant quality!!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/160/140

Height: 5'5"

hey everyone.
well i use talipia and my george forman. i sprinkle some mrs dash lemon pepper on it and away i go. comes out so soft and delicious.
today at our mall is armed forces day so i am taking my son and getting plenty of walking exercise in. i am determined to see that scale go down monday. this is my last week with mrc and i want it to be on a down size note.
have a great day all.
Closed Thread