Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default We're already slipping away...

So this whole ordeal with the COD closing has left us high and dry, as well as shell shocked...

Liz and I both agreed tonight that all of this has us going off plan in small ways, but not really caring about that diviation.

I really feel like I'm in a state of flux... Torn between knowing what I should do, and not really caring if I do it or not...

I really want to continue with the plan, but not knowing how this is going to turn out has me really concerned...

I'm just venting... But I also had about 4 starches yesterday.. Not bad starches, but just more of the good stuff than I should have had...

This sucks...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  
LAWL since 12/28/2006

S/C/G: 258/216/150

Height: 5' 6"

Unhappy

Quote:
I really feel like I'm in a state of flux... Torn between knowing what I should do, and not really caring if I do it or not...

I really want to continue with the plan, but not knowing how this is going to turn out has me really concerned...
Dan, I can't believe this! You are almost there, of course you can do it. You have been on the program long enough to know what to do and this site is much more supportive and informative than any COD. You have the best support system that I can imagine. Do you have any idea how lucky you and Liz are to be partners in the same journey? Unlike those of us that have 2 meals to prepare because our spouse doesn't eat the things we do and doesn't understand how important staying true to the plan is to our success. You have been such an inspiration and a source of comic relief as the "salt police". We need you to be strong. I've been "lurking" around here for quite a while and you were one of the members that encouraged me to take the plunge myself, seeing your success gave me hope that I could do it too.

Seriously, you just can't give up on yourself because of others failures. You have so much to look forward to. You have to stay healthy to have a long & happy life. Don't wait until the time ahead is short to realize what you could have had. Just remember, the people you are "cheating" are yourself and the people that Love you.

So, just put on your BIG BOY briefs and deal with it!!
Sharon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:23 AM   #3  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Sharon; you're doing so well, Dan! It's understandable that when stressful, earth-shattering things like this happen, you aren't always going to stick to the plan. It happens to everyone. Just think of it like any other slip up, though. Don't start to think that this is a permanent thing, because we all know where that kind of thinking goes!

It sucks that your centre closed, because I know I certainly need to be accountable to someone. However, you're lucky in that you have Liz doing it with you! I'd recommend having a long talk with her to reassess both of your goals, and to discuss what it is that's keeping you from getting there. Then you can figure out how you can help each other achieve them easier, and be accountable to each other! It's a bonus that you know each other so well, so while you may not be trained LAWL counselors, you can help each other in ways that they couldn't! Don't lose hope, I know you can do it
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, what they said! You guys can do this, now is not the time to cut off your nose to spite your face!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Dan this isn't something you can't deal with. At the end of the day the worst case scenerio is you're out some money.

The COD didn't lose this weight, you and liz did. They showed you the way but YOU did all the work. Deviating doesn't hurt them, but it absolutely hurts you.

I too would be livid if I were you guys, however, what kind of statement will you be making by gaining weight? How will that solve your situation? You know it won't hurt them but it will surely make you feel like a worthless piece of crap.

And on a final note, you "old timers" are an inspiration to those of us who are just starting this journey. There is a light clearly shining at the end of your tunnel. GO TO THE LIGHT LIZ AND DAN.

This is just a rock in the path of your journey. Go around it and give it a go to **** look as you pass. But get around it!

We're behind you 100% here and will do whatever it takes to get you thru this. You DON'T need the COD, YOU have everything you need to be successful.

Pick yourself up, shake yourself off, go and sin no more.

Consider yourselves hugged
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Dan and Liz, Your goal in this journey was to lose the weight, get healthy and find a new healthy lifestyle, you are almost to that goal, Your goal was not to worship the golden COD. just because that is gone you are not lost YOU ARE NOT A LEMMING!!! You both are so close, if you were only about 10 or 15 into this journey that would be one thing. but all of us know that when you have been going to the COD as long as some of us have, and we have been there longer than most staff, seen whole sets of Staff come and go. We know more than they do. You don't need them, The money end of it is gut wrenching, the lack of support from a place that said they would be there is awful. But your goal is still looming out there, and it is so close. we are not going to let you and Liz fail.! we are all here for you! now get away from the starches!!!!!!! Lets get this thing moving again! get a scale, if not the expensive one from the center just get one. we are all going to hold you accountable.!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #7  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I actually went and bought a $40 scale from Bed Bath and Beyond it registers 1 lb less than the COD so I know to just add 1.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #8  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I don't know about you guys (Dan and Liz), but these posts are bringing tears to my eyes. You must feel very proud to be an inspiration to everyone on these boards...all those posts...you've obviously been an encouragement to everyone here, so I hope that you feel encouraged by us as well.

Just a thought...since I am doing this plan without a COD this time around, I thought about joining TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) just for the weigh-in accountability. My neighbor has been a member for years and years. Last year, she received recognition for walking an incredible amount of miles over the past few years. Maybe that would help you guys out. Do the plan together and with everyone here, WI at TOPS as often as you need...I believe when I checked into TOPS it was something like $30/year or something ridiculously low like that.

Hang in there...you've done so great so far...this is just a minor setback. You know the rules and how the plan works. I'm sure right now you both just feel deserted which hurts...but you have each other and you have us!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #9  

As for the scale, I bought a Home Medics from Walmart (something like $30)...it's very accurate as far as you can step off and back on and not be a pound different It is also able to store weights for 2 individuals, so it would be perfect for you both!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

have you considered starting your own support group? you could put an ad in the paper, or on the door of the closed COD. and invite others who when to your COD. meet somewhere like the public library or something and share together all these feelings. and maybe even mount an attach together,.... lawsuit.... keep each other accountable and lift each other up. think how many others in your city are dangling right now.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #11  

You can invite everyone here...the more the merrier!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #12  
Danette lawl march 20/07

Height: 5'4"

OK LIZ AND DAN I am going to give you the advice you would have given me if I was in your shoes right now.........You would say Danette smarten up you have gone to far now to quit now just imagine how you would feel if you had those 17 pounds back on your body....now get out of your pitty party and get back on track...this is a life style change and you have come to far to let other peoples problems of not managing thier business!!!!!! get you down.....You are your own life manager and you will not fail !!!!!!!!!!!!

So on that note take the adive you have given me and get back to it!!!!!!!

LIZ imagine having those 32 pounds back on .........Liz you have only 23 pounds to go
Dan imagine having your 85 pounds back on.......... Dan you have only 15 pounds left to get off

Your project today ..... to get you back on plan... is .....you are going to the grocery store and you are going to get a cart and fill it with 117 pounds of butter....make sure you take a picture of this and post it where you can both see it...this will make your loss more visual to you both so you won't go back to your old ways

Money isn't everything!!!!!!!!....Take this from someone who has none!!!!!!!
You didn't lose your home or your job or one of you kids...you lost a small amount..sooo get back on the horses and ride into the sunset with all your friends at your side
You have your support here and as you can see from the posts above and i'm sure more below that you are both loved and we all care about your health

P.S i hope i wasn't to harsh on you both

Lots of love
Danette
fan4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Thanks gang.. Sorry I was being so mopey.... You're all right... We'll figure this out with a little help from our friends...

Cheers!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Dan - I'm a little late to the "party", but I just have to tell you that just seeing the support you have here has to motivate you to get back on track. You even inspired Sharon to come out of "Lurkerville" to put in her $0.02! I just wanted to add that we are all here for you. I can understand feeling out of sorts, but you both feel so much better about yourselves that I know you will get it together and move forward.

It may not be a definite answer you get on Monday, but the $$$ issue and the COD refund will work itself out. In the meantime, stay strong and maybe plan your favorite POP meal to treat yourself and Liz with tomorrow night. And save a fruit or two for a glass of good wine. A decadent-tasting meal that's POP is a great way to get back on track.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #15  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Hi, Dan -

I'm late to the party as well - but after you gave me SUCH a great birthday gift the other day ("a pinch of good salt"), I had to add my $.02 -

From the minute that I first found this board, the day that I joined LAWL, you and Liz have been an inspiration to me, because I could identify with you. My dh and I are both doing the program and supporting each other - seeing how much success you and Liz have had has inspired us from the get-go.

I know you must be terribly, bitterly disappointed that the COD has closed, and with no warning. And you must feel as though you are walking on the tightrope with no net. But -- look around!! -- your net is right here!! All of these words of encouragement...Dan, we ALL support you!

Please don't let the COD closing rob you of all that you have gained in the past few months - and I'm not talking about weight loss here - I am talking about the sense of well-being that you have knowing that you are taking care of yourself and the knowledge that you are on a healthier path now.

Come on, Dan - you have to go all the way - you're so close! Liz is so close! You guys can do this - it has, after all, been YOU who has done it all along, NOT the COD!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote