Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #1  
fatter than U

Talking Cows who moo too much

There. I posted a new thread even though I have nothing to say except that I ate way too much Cheddar cheese today. Because Cheddar cheese is a rarity around here and you have to eat it while you can get it.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Just seeing if you're paying attention.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I am paying attention and will now deliver a discourse on travelers checks. Ahem. If you happen to go to the bank, purchase tcs and immediately lose track of them, this is what you do.
  1. Tell your mom to search everywhere for them.
  2. Insist they were not stolen.
  3. Go do other stuff with your new Mexican mom who cooks brilliantly while your old wornout mom calls the bank and hears that they do not know the numbers of the checks.
  4. Call American Express and talk, it seemed, to someone in India who promised to help. No problem.
  5. Thirty minutes later, Mom is instructed to call the bank and get the serial numbers which they have because they have to keep records.
  6. She does. It works.
  7. Mom calls the numbers into the American Express office.
  8. Mom tells you that if you find the checks and cash them, you will be arersted. Mom tells you to call the American Express office and give them info they want like your passport number.
  9. I don't know what happens next.

Boys are not the best choice for kids. I knitted socks for his Mexican mom, he emailed me two days ago that he was waiting for her to wake up so he could give them to her and no mention since. I have ASKED if she hated the socks. No mention. Boys live in small worlds that extent not far from their own little selves. Maybe this is just one boy I'm talking about. I don't know.

I drew the kitty in Microsoft Paint. It matches THIS.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

that is funny!!! i was talking to dd in Denmark just a few hours ago and i was asking her about the Danish Cheeses---if she was enjoying the famous Blue Cheese etc and she said she had NOT seen cheddar cheese once----i think they call it Canadian Cheddar -----why is it hard to find in Germany---did your family send you a hunk?????? i just overate a pile of fiddleheads.......yum
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Wink

I'm paying attention, I have a wonderful son, and I haven't bought travelor's checks in a very long time. I did, however, pay $589 yesterday for a 60,000 mile service of my car. The mechanic performed the following service...

1. They changed the oil
2. They gave the car a tune up and replaced the sparkplugs.
3. They flushed the coolent and the brakes.
4. They replaced the timing bent.

The vending machine stocked both Cheetos and Nacho Cheese Doritos, but I had a dream about eating Turtle Cheesecake last night.

KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:02 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Talking cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Mom tells you that if you find the checks and cash them, you will be arrested. Mom tells you to call the American Express office and give them info they want like your passport number.
I think you need to phone him every 30 minutes and remind him of this fact because I'll bet just about anything that those checks are stashed somewhere in his luggage and when he finds them he WILL try to cash them. Because he's a boy, and boys never listen. I have proof living under my very own roof. They yell at you because you tell them something a thousand times, but if you only tell them 999 times they say they didn't hear you. Am I right or am I right? This goes for grown men as well. Only have one of those in the house, thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
i was talking to dd in Denmark just a few hours ago and i was asking her about the Danish Cheeses---if she was enjoying the famous Blue Cheese etc and she said she had NOT seen cheddar cheese once----i think they call it Canadian Cheddar
Bagzieee - We actually DID see it in Denmark and bought some and then I started to get a hankering. You can get it here, but only one store we know of carries it. It's like Costco and dh has to have his company card with him and it's a drag to go there so we don't usually bother. My babies gave me two hunks for Mother's Day - one a Scottish Cheddar and the other one Irish Cheddar. Irish is better. I'm going to be extra fat this week.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

I didn't even know there were international cheddars. I thought Mr. Cheddar invented this orange dye and put it in his cheese and that was that. I also love cheddar and ate a piece in Sugar's honor after reading her post last night.

And .... if your children are girls, they will send you pictures of blarney stones and pretty streets. If they are boys, they will tell you there are mountains all around them and "you'll see pictures when they're ready." That means he's not taking any.

Ooops, I guess Kylie (can't see it to get spelling) is a guy. Sorry. I'm sure you always sent your mom pictures and told her how the new mom reacted to hand knit socks.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #8  

I have more bad news. I won't post it here just because, and also at this point people must think I'm making all this sh*t up. So if I'm acting weird you know why.

I just happened to eat a couple slices of cheddar yesterday too, and I didn't even know it was in Sugar's honor. Cheddar is what we mean here when we say "cheese". Tillamook cheddar. Has anyone heard of it? It's the yummiest. When we go to the beach we stop at the Tillamook cheese factory and watch them make huge vats of the stuff. The happiest cheese cows are at the beach.

Hi Kyllie. I just assumed you were of the female persuasion. Is that true or am I assuming too much?
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #9  

Hi Kylie....yum yer my kinda dreamer! But now I'm jonsin for some cheddary foods.. I love cheese!!! Never had Tillamook..sounds very cheesy.

Do they say Chedda in Maine? Down here it sounds like Cheater.

Hope all you mothers had a great day... we took MIL to Longhorns for steak ..most yummy. We went the day before mothersday.. since I got her flowers and a card the week before -it seemed fitting to continue to celebrate on the wrong day.

Ella: my furbabies are ummm exuberant greeters.. Casey is like a kangaroo --bounce bounce bounce to try to lick you .. and Darby paws at you... We warn folks.. put them down to do their thing .. and then they settle down and could care less

I want to visit Denmark and Sweden and Norway too... I am curious about the skandies (I just made up a ethnic group name!!!! HOw puuurfectly clever of me!)

This morn we went to the cardiac rehab center.. it is amazing! Its set up as a little town with a bank, big arse car, a boat at a dock, cafe, general store. They have inpatient and out patient care-- and I guess for folks that now have physical or neuro damage it's where they relearn the little things we take for granted in life. DH goes back in May 22nd for more "work" thankfully its an overnight stay only.. then he starts rehab 3x a week... Sorry thats all I can talk about these days .. hopefully our life will get back to "normal" soon.

tata
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
The happiest cheese cows are at the beach.
And the cheese is presalted!

I eat lots of Cabot cheddar cheese, from Vermont. They make expensive cheese and they also make really good non-expensive cheese. In fact, it is something of a bargain in our grocery store, so I buy lots of it. I wish I could still eat apples, because I don't think there's any better snack than apples and cheddar cheese. I could even eat only a normal amount that way...

I knew there was a reason we were calling ourselves bovine -- we love cheese!

Hi Kiley, are we taking bets on your gender? I was thinking you wuz robbed by that service call. However I remember paying that for 60K service on my Saab, some 10 years ago or something, so

Gotta go send a birthday package to my sweetest little niece for her 4th birthday. That's her (below) at 1-1/2. Has a little devil in her, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Do they say Chedda in Maine?
I guess the same people who say Lobstah, say Chedda. We ignore them.
Quote:
This morn we went to the cardiac rehab center.. it is amazing! Its set up as a little town with a bank, big arse car, a boat at a dock, cafe, general store.
Wow! Who'd want to leave?

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 09-27-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

cheddrrrrr we call it --canadian cheddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr----------we like to say our rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's.so i like blue cheese,goat cheese,feta cheese,gouda cheese-----too many cheeses----IT IS SOOOOOOOOOO FATTENING AND FULL OF CHOLESTEROL ---------------I DIDN'T NOTICE DOCTOR OZ TELLING PEOPLE TO EAT THAT---- AND DID YOU NOTICE HIM TELLING OPRAH THAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SEX TWO HUNDRED TIMES A YEAR.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #12  

Quote:
WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SEX TWO HUNDRED TIMES A YEAR.
WHAT!!!!!! Sure then we dont need diet doctors- we'll need orthopedic surgeons to correct Bowl leggedness

cheeeeeeeeeeeese Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

meeeee toooooo.... feta,chedda,gouda,and mozzarella..yes all the A cheeses ..parmesean, swiss, muenster colby... love em alllllllllllllllll!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
we'll need orthopedic surgeons to correct Bowl leggedness
Oo, you are such a baaaaaad girl!!!

DD had 2 job interviews today: the local grocery store may have an opening in the deli dept., and a paper mill 40 minutes away may have 12-hour shift jobs in the yard (driving fork-lifts and such ) or on machines. Oy. She really wants a job at a rafting company/campground/restaurant; I hope she gets that. She will be happier there than at the grocery store, and safer and closer than at the mill!

Well, it's been raining all day and when I went out I realized it was snowing too. I took the dog for a run in the mud anyway. I'm still damp.

Kiwi
Old 05-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

just heard on the cbc that cheddar cheese originated in jolly old england----of course!!! the land of fish and chips!!! delightful!! and crumpets and scones and devonshire cream!!! let's meet there for high tea!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Jolly good pip pip

I've been watching too much Daily Show.

My family has vacated the premises for the afternoon. DD went with the BF's family to the youngest brother's track meet. DH went out for a drive -- presumably he took a fishing rod with him, but I'm not certain. He had on his muck-worthy sneakers. Rosie is vacuuming. I'm just trying not to hurt myself.

Kiwi