Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #1  
Aunt to many Mom to none.

Height: 5' 6"

Default Excersis help.... Should I include something else this soon?

I've been trying for many years to lose weight. While visitng my folks in Ky I used their scale... 270.5lbs! My heaviest ever!! So, while there I made the choice of starting to walk and take vits, herb ect and watch what I eat. Fast forward 2 weeks (started last week as 4 days after we got home my suster went into labor and I spent the weekend by her)I am taking mega green tea extract, fish oil, pre-natal vits and cinnamon extract(to help maintain my blood sugar which tends to dip when dieting) I walk everyday (except once I didn't) for the past 8 days. Only.36 of a mile for 12 min, but seeing as I haven't really excersised in years... better then nothing. I'm keeping my calories under 1600, but am still working on lower my fat and rasing my protein... Anyways....
I can tell that my body is changing... Probably water weight I guess.... but my shirts aren't as tight and the part under my chest and above my belly button is getting a little smaller.... I wonder if I should try protein powders?? I don't want to get all flabby..... HELP! TIA~ Tina

Last edited by mrs_streams; 05-15-2007 at 11:40 AM.
mrs_streams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #2  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't add anything else, just focus on caloric intake and exercise.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:39 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

If you are eating a balanced food plan I don't see why you would need protein powders, right at this moment. If you are eating 3 meals/day with 2 or 3 snacks you should be fine for now. I would recommend eating more protein when you are exercising more OR when you start weight training, at that time you may or may not need more protein...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #4  

i was just wondering, what do you need protein powders for???
beautifulstruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulstruggle View Post
i was just wondering, what do you need protein powders for???
Here is a great article How Much Protein Do You Need? ... I aim for 100+gr of protein because I weight train a lot and I need the extra protein to build muscle and it makes me feel fuller longer too...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote