Old 05-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #1  

Default help me get motivated again PLEASE

Ok Ive Been On This Plan For Over A Year Did Great At First And Now I Have Managed To Gain Almost All That I Lost Back...not Good...i Just Found Out We Are Going On A Cri\uise In Novemebre And Would Love To Lose Some By I Would Also Just Love To Lose The Weight Again For Myself..i Felt So Good And Want To Feel That Way Again..... Anybody Have Any Motivations Ideas Or Been Through This ...i Usually Stay Good Mopst Of The Day And Then By Nid Afternoon Ive Blown It ...any Help Will Be Greatly Appriciated Thanks Soo Mcuh Jamie
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey, momof3boys1girl. You've lost weight before, so you know you have the willpower and the ability. Those are two GREAT, positive things.

I know what it's like to go on a cruise, but not want to be seen in a bathing suit. Then, when you go to dinner, they stuff you full of the things that are making you fat in the first place.

When you're faced with food choices, you might say to yourself, "I've eaten this before. I can eat it again sometime. I just choose not to eat it right now, because it's not the right time for me or my body."

Once you gain control over the food ("It's food! An inanimate object! I'm in charge here, not the damn food!") it's a nice feeling.

I'm doing 6 Week Body Makeover, and it's working. 16 lbs. in 4 weeks. Started at 199, and I'm going until I hit 135.

We can both do it.
weathergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Back, Jamie!!

I remember you from way back when. I did the exact same thing you did...I did great, lost 30 pounds, then gained it all and then some So here I am again. I needed to get past my "oh my god, I gained 0.2 in 2 days, I'm a failure" attitude and realize that this is a life change, not a diet. Maybe try a 2-day fast forward or TO, then just jump right in there. Some of the oldies are gone (Katie's still here), but there are a Whole Bunch of absolutely fantastic "newbies" now. It's good to see you back again!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Jaime, good to see you! You can do this! Remember the old standby, plan, plan, plan! Keep your meals planned out, and write out a new list of reasons to lose weight and get it posted on the fridge so that you can see it often. We all seem to lose our motivation from time to time, but it is always possible to jump back on the wagon. Come see us more, we will help you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hey Jaime!!!!!

Welcome back to the fold! Katie is very wise - it is all about planning. As for motivation, well you said it yourself, you want to do this for YOU! You want to go back to feeling GOOD! and now you have a November goal to head for.

You did great before - and it really is good to hear from you. Together we can all do this!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote