General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Unhappy Shaving and bumps

Man, all this is starting to make me miss winter, when I could just cover up in jeans and a sweater and not worry about razors!

Does anyone else have the problem with shaving where you get little red bumps-- occasionally on armpits, but they're usually around the bikini line? They're really annoying and kind of gross, but I'm not sure how to avoid them. I guess storing your razor outside of the shower helps, but it's still a problem. Has anyone tried that Nair bikini cream? Does anyone have any tips?
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5foot2

ooooooooh i wanna know too, those bumps just make it look like you haven't shaved at all for a few days its really really annoying
mascara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Check out the men's shaving section at the drugstore. You should find some bump-stopping aftershaves, usually marketed to men who shave their heads. You'll smell a little masculine for a bit, but it's worth it, the bumps stop!!
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default No bumps!!

Hey Maegdaeien!

Bikini Zone sells a product (medicated creme) that is suppose to do away with those bumps, redness, and itching. I saw the product in Rite Aid but I am sure they sell it at other drug stores.

Sally Hansen who is known for their waxing products also sells a no bump product. It comes as a medicated pad. It is suppose to give the same results as the Bikini Zone. I'm sure the Sally Hansen will be easy to find since it is sold every where....

Hope this helps!!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 05-13-2007 at 04:55 PM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have found that if I use the ladies razors, that I will have those same bumps. If I use DH's triple blade (more expensive) razors then I do not have bumps at all.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5'5

Gold Bond Medicated Powder works to clear it up fast..
La Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Here's a link re: razor bumps. It tells you WAY more than I think ANYONE ever wanted to know about the subject...
http://www.bchealthguide.org/kbase/t...5spec/sec1.htm
I know, it's geared towards guys, since they apparently get them more than women, so just substitute the word "beard" with "bumpy furry legs and pits"...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

What about that new VEET, anybody tried that?
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #9  

I wax the bikini area, no bumps! I use Gigis brazillion wax, they even have a numbing spray and it is only 17.95 for the whole kit at Sally Beauty.
TinaMarie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #10  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I wax, too, but I have it done for me - not brave enough to do it myself! Exfoliation is the key, for me - a good scrub in every shower without moisturizer - apparently (according to my waxer) moisturizer, which we want to put on the bumps, makes them worse!

When I did shave, I was a BIG FAN of Bikini Zone.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

i agree with lily, the men's razors just work so much better. been using the mach3 forever and no complaints.

i do have these weird red dots all over my legs and also on my arms. i never could figure out why, since they are on my arms it's not related to shaving... but they look kinda the same. i hate them and the only thing that does anything is to get a good tan.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #12  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I used to have this problem too and then a friend of mine introduced me to this wonderful shaving lotion called ... Coochie Cream.. Yep, that's the real name of it. You can buy it online or I get mine from a nearby adult shop. It's for shaving one's face, legs, etc... You can also use it as conditioner. I have the smoothest legs using that stuff than I have ever had in the past. It is all that my boyfriend uses to shave his face with now too. Hope this help.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 PM   #13  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
i agree with lily, the men's razors just work so much better. been using the mach3 forever and no complaints.

i do have these weird red dots all over my legs and also on my arms. i never could figure out why, since they are on my arms it's not related to shaving... but they look kinda the same. i hate them and the only thing that does anything is to get a good tan.
I have those same little red dots! I've had them since I was a kid and I always wondered what they are. I was hoping if I lost a bunch of weight they would go away. I've been thinking about putting a retinoid cream on them, but I don't know if it would help...
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #14  

Another one with dots here!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

This is what I use to remove all unwanted hair...yes even the hair down there! I raved about it so much that now even my mother uses it.

http://www.softsheen-carson.com/?p=141&category=24

I wanted to add that I buy it at the Dollar General or WalMart so it is easy to find.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote