GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default not Monday - again!!!

starting the thread....
Old 03-04-2002, 09:26 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

w8tls - welcome
erin - welcome
Stacey - you're gorgeous!!!!!

Okay- well weigh in tomorrow should be interesting.

I had one of the best weekends ever! First, my best friend gets tickets to Saturday Night Live because he has a friend who interns there. So we get tickets to the dress rehearsal because his friend says it’s a lot more fun. It’s about an hour longer and afterwards, the cast will talk to the audience. When we got there, we saw that most of the seats were on the next floor above the studio looking down. But we had seats on the studio floor!! I was like 5 feet from everything at all times. It was one of the best times I’ve ever had. Jimmy Fallon and Will Ferrel gave me handshakes and I got a hug from host Jonny Mosley. SO MUCH FUN!

THEN – here’s were WW came in to play. Ben is the legal assistant to a chain of restaurants in NYC. He always gets a 50% discount. There are NICE restaurants. But his boss knew I was coming into town, so he told Ben dinner was free! So We got there and they had the beautiful olive loaf on the table with olive oil to dip it in. Then with dinner being free we orders appetizers – basil chicken brushetta and fried calamari. I don’t like calamari, so I didn’t have that. But the brushetta was very buttery and YUM. Then I ordered Atlantic cod, but it was in a butter sauce. It came with some nice mashed potatoes. All the while, I ordered two glasses of merlot and 2 apple martinis. At least I skipped on the dessert, but we almost did get it since it was free. Then we went out afterwards and I had two captain and diets.

Then Sunday we went to a diner for breakfast and I got a bagel sandwich (with egg, bacon, and cheese) and home fries. At least I skipped lunch because we went to this bakery. Ben’s roommate got this huge assortment and my plan was not to have any, but by the time the afternoon was over I had had a cream puff and a mini canolli. I had a 3-point dinner, but the damage was already done.

I did make it to the gym 4 times this week… but we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:29 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Morning!

How was everyone's weekend? My plan with the in-laws didn't work. We ended up going over to some friends' & we drank a whole bunch after we had a huge meal at a restaurant. Oh well. WI this morning & it says the same as last week which I find amazing because I was so far not OP last week. I averaged around 50 points a day!! This week is already better & I'm determined to show a loss by next week. Only 17 weeks left until our wedding. If I lose 2 pounds a week that would be 34 lost by then which is better than none Anyway I'm off to work. Talk to you all later. Have a great OP day!

-Rina
Old 03-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Wink Morning all!

Hi everybody! Sorry I wasn't around on Thursday and Friday, I was working in a different building and didn't even come near my desk in those two days.

WI is tomorrow night. I'm not exactly looking forward to it... I made it to the gym only twice last week, sigh, and totally botched on Saturday night. My boyfriend bought me Greek instead of taking me bowling because I really wanted to go bowling, but he changed plans on me... Then, he took me to this bar that had a $5 cover charge and after that, ladies drank free. I must say, I took complete advantage of that. If I hadn't messed up so much, I would say that reacing my 10% could happen tomorrow night (I'm SO close!), but I think maybe it won't happen until next week's WI. Oh well, it's my own fault.

Lisa--Your weekend sounds SO glamorous to someone in Smalltown Nebraska... Nothing like that could ever happen here and if I ever went to NY, I would be SO overwhelmed. Omaha is too big of a city for me, I can only imagine how lost I'd feel in NY. But you got to touch Jimmy Fallon, lucky girl! (I have a little crush on him. ) I wouldn't sweat your weekend, I'm not really sweating mine, aside from regretting that I won't be hitting my 10% this week.

Rina--I'm glad your WI showed the same as last week, at least it's a new week and we can start all over and feel better about ourselves next Monday...

OK, time for break, yay! I'll check back later.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #5  
Running Babe

It's weird, when I first lost my weight I was almost (okay I was) scared to tell people I met (I still don't tell people right away), now I am so matter of fact about it and realized that my weight has NEVER been who I am and that I just happen to be Alison now at 147(probably a few pounds more, started back on the pill, my period was acting up, plus my skin decided to resort to its teenage self, boy am I shallow) and at one point I was Alison at 256. Still the same person, I am more confident now though, but overall I am still the same person, just with less weight.

There's my deep insight of the moment.

I actually had 8 hours of sleep last night, that is something I have missed over the last little while. I actually heard from the guy who I went on a date with a couple of days ago, so that made me happy, but otherwise I am still seeing what is out there, hey I am young and what is the point of putting all of my eggs in one basket right now. It is still weird how the dating rules change from your teens to your twenties (which I think is for the best, getting out of the you like books, I like books let's be BF/GF now mindset is a good thing), I just don't see the point of committing to be someone's girlfriend until I know them fairly well etc.

Wow, second deep insight of the day....

Okay maybe a third,

I am upping my protien. The plan for me is to eat about 30 points a day plus activity, BUT aim for 26 and to have two glasses of milk with it. I have been reading up on protien a bit and realized I was maybe at most having about 60 grams a day which is way too low, it should be closer to 100. I am aiming at about 85 right now, not ideal, but improving. Of course I am not giving up carbs, but realistically though my diet has been "healthy" it hasn't been as balanced as it could be.

Oh I also e-mailed my ex yesterday and he responded with a somewhat small, but failry positive message. Still I definitely know it was for the best that we broke up, and I like this being single thing right now

Lisa: Johnny Mosely is HOT!!! I watched SNL drooling on Saturday night! Jimmy Fallon is also yummy. I am so jealous of you and lovers of Jimmy Fallon unite

Jess: One bad meal doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, chances are you weight will be down if you remain OP for the rest of the week! Good Luck to you

Rina: yeah my eating this past weekend well wasn't WW friendly either, but I had the first brunch I had had since joining WW which was a while ago so no regrets. I think what made the program work for me was if I had a bad day I forgot about it and started new the next day! Wow, 17 weeks, is it in July then?

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-04-2002, 10:29 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Default Self Challenge

Anyone else want to take the Self Challenge this year? www.self.com

Take care!
Ali
Old 03-04-2002, 10:32 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Wink Happy Monday!

Hey girls....

Lisa - I am so glad you had such a great time!! I wouldn't worry about how the eating part went because this was a once in a lifetime experience for you, not something you do every weekend. And you work out like crazy all of the time so that will definitely help. I thought about you when I watched SNL on Saturday! And I love NYC so I am very jealous!!

Rina - Only 17 weeks?? Wow - I didn't know it was so close!! How is the planning going?

Jess - Good to see you again! I love Greek food, so those change of plans sound good to me! And if you don't hit your 10% this week, you will get it next week I'm sure. You have such good motivation and I'm sure you will get right back on program.

I had a lazy weekend, and aside from a trip to the grocery store and dinner with my brother and sister on Saturday, didn't even get out of my pajamas! We got over a foot of snow this weekend, after hardly having any snow all winter. And today it is about 30 below with the wind chill. Yuck. That is part of the reason I hibernated. Also, I am a HUGE college basketball fan and now that it is March and almost time for the tournament, the game pretty much rules my life. I'm so pathetic!

My plans for this week include exercising, since I took a week off to get settled into my new place. It is amazing to me how one week without exercise can leave me feeling so gross. I feel flabby and am so much more tired when I am not working out on a regular basis. So, on the treadmill I go after work today...

Have a great day!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:39 AM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Ali - I do!!

The Self challenge is just what I need right now!! I am going to sign up now....

I totally agree with your deep insight of not being afraid to say that you used to weigh more. I have come to believe that I have to remember that I used to be heavy, and not hide that, because it will always take work for me to keep the weight off. And I feel no different as a person now than I did then, except for being more motivated and focused about my eating and exercise. But I am still me!!

And I also had an insight about my eating this weekend. I don't like meat and rarely eat it (never have any at home - chicken, beef, pork, or anything) so I am thinking about giving a trial run at being a vegetarian. I will still eat eggs and dairy. But because I never eat meat anyway, this may help me pay more attention to what I do eat and ensure that I am getting the proper nutrients in my diet. So, I'm going to read more abot it and give it a shot...

Okay, I've said enough this morning... I'm off to work!
Old 03-04-2002, 10:56 AM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - You will reach your 10% in no time. If not this week, then next week. Open bar sure can get us into trouble - huh!! Actually New York isn't that glamorous for me. I stay with a friend and we go out... but this time it totally was. Especially since we were trated so royally at NBC with studio floor seats... and then free dinner at a posh restaraunt. It was so cool because we got there and the place was packed, but we had a table right away. Also, the manager came out 3-4 times to make sure dinner was good and the service was good. It did feel kind of glamorous, but that NEVER happens to me.

Ali - I too love Jimmy Fallon. He's a riot. He's funnier than I though because he doesn't stop when the camera turns off. When other people were on the stage doing skits, he'd stand behind the camera and try to make them laugh. Jonny Mosely is HOT! He's a cross between Luke Wilson and TOm Cruise and he's sweet. Great hugger!

Jen - more snow??? wow - I'd hibernate too. I'm not too keen on the cold... Boston's like a glacier to me and people think I'm crazy because they don't think it's that cold! I can't wait to be able to say "I used to heavy." That will be awesome!

Rina - Sounds a lot like my weekend point-wise. 34 pounds in 17 weeks! Wow - i'm with you though. It's better to set your goal high and try your hardest to meet it. Like we could say we want to lose 10 pounds in 17 weeks and meet that and say "I met my goal. Or we could say we want to lose 34 pounds in 17 weeks and lose 26. So we didn't meet our goal... but we lost 26 pounds. Which is better.... meeting a mediocre goal or almost meeting an extraordinary goal. Does that make sense??

Okay ladies... back to work!

Lisa
Old 03-04-2002, 11:53 AM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

hello all. as always, quick! i lost 4.4 at wi...yah!
Old 03-04-2002, 12:43 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

4.4- WOW TRISH!! That's awesome. I think I may have found the 4.4 you lost! Way to go!
Old 03-04-2002, 02:35 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Ali, I did the Self Challenge last year and completed it. But never heard a word from Self concerning it. I got a monthy (I think) email newsletter thing and that was it. It was OK, but if I do it again I may just do it on my own and not register with Self. I got nothing out of it from Self.

I lost .5. Not a lot but I will take it. I was kind of naughty point wise this weekend, but sounds like a lot of others were too! We had a snowstorm Saturday and I woke up today to -11 degrees farenheit. YIKES that's cold!

Othe than that, just working. Oh and Emma learned how to pick her nose this weekend. She thinks it is funny.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:49 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Forgive me, but who is Jonny Mosely? I can't place him.

Stacey: Love the new pic! Did you ever get any wedding photos online for us all to see?

Trish: Congrats on the loss!

JenK: I've been trying to eat more vegetarian. It's not quite working, but I'm better. My sister is a vegetarian, and if she and I eat together, I'll eat veggie. Last night, we had what has become my fave meal. Acorn squash with roasted garlic mixed with pasta. You sprinkle some toasted walnuts on top, and YUMMY! I haven't figured out the points yet but I can't think it would be that much. Of course, when I'm not around my sister, I tend to still eat meat. I had chicken fingers for lunch today. I'm trying to cut out beef altogether. I'm finding it doesn't taste good anymore. I don't think I can give up fish, though.

Lisa: Your weekend sounds fun! I hope you enjoyed the food ... what's one day, anyway? We can't completely starve! Saturday night, BF, my sister and I went to hear a blues band and I had nachos and fried mushrooms, along with a mixed drink and a beer! That was after Chinese food for lunch!

Rina: Couples living together in Canada have to file taxes together? Not in the U.S. And married couples can file together or separately. Brian and I don't have anything together yet. It would be nice if he could get on my medical benefits, since mine are better, but no dice. I've asked. I also wish we could get on the same car insurance, but that doesn't work either. I hate the way this country treats non-married people sometimes. Like you can't be in a committed relationship if you don't have that piece of paper.(Course, I am bitter cuz I don't have that yet ... )

Jen: Learning how to pick her nose. That cracks me up. The little things they never tell you that come with motherhood, eh? My friend Wendy was telling me about her daughter learning to potty train. When she flushes the toilet, Raina yells "BYE!" or "HAVE A NICE DAY!" I laugh every time I think about it.

Hi Lisa and Ali and anyone else out there lurking!

Last edited by kimobi; 03-04-2002 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:12 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, Emma doesn't technically "pick" her nose. She just sticks her fingers in there. Looks the same tho and she thinks it is funny. The first time I saw her I gasped and said "Emma get your fingers out of there". So now she keeps doing it. And likes to take her shirt off. Too constricting I guess. Or just one arm out. She is an odd child. But she is my little joy!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 03:55 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kim - Jonny Mosely was the gold medallist at Nagano for skiing or mogulling. And he was the favorite this year, but only placed 4th.

Jen - Emma sounds so cute. SHe doesn't like shirts... well I refused to wear underwear, shorts, or pants when I was potty training. It was just too much trouble. So my mom had to put me in skirts the whole time. My dad didn't know this, so when he dressed me one day when my mom wasn't around and took me to K-Mart. He turned around and I had taken my pants and underwear off and left them in the middle of the aisle. My mom loves to tell that story.

Okay- all you life-timers. I have a question. I'm having a physically hard time making the right decisions today and it happens every now and then. Like at lunch, I brought my lunch - a nice 5-point lunch. Well, when we got to the caffeteria, they had bacon and onion pizza. It looked and smelled so good. I was so close to getting it. I felt like I had to have it. I didn't end up getting it, but it was like it was the hardest decision I've had to make (which of course it wasn't - but at the time it sure felt like it). Then a good friend of mine here at work wanted to go in the caffeteria for a break to tell us some good news (she found out her baby will be a boy).... but she and my other co-worker bought the candy-by-the-pound stuff and got chocolate-covered penuts and chocolate covered pretzels. ANd we sat there. I was practically digging my nails into the palm of my hand to keep from grabbing some. It's so hard. I don't know what it is... just that I know it tastes good and I want to have some. But that "just a little taste" thing doesn't always work.

And I ahve to eat at my min all week because I'm leaving on Saturday for vacation.

I guess I juse wonder if you guys don't have those problems... because lately I've had a hard time with them. I've done well so far, but todays been tough and I feel like sooner or later I won't make the right choice.

Not getting too discouraged, I know. I'm doing well... I just wonder if these hard times will always happen.

LIsa
Closed Thread