Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default What worked for you??

Okay everyone...I'm looking for ya'll to tell me what exercise worked best for you or what exercise you enjoyed most.

I really get motivated into exercising and if you could share with me what exercise made you lose weight the quickest. For those of you who lost your weight quickly..how did you do it?

Thanks!!!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am going to tell the truth, I have always loved to exercise, I just get lazy and don't stop. Over the years I have stopped and started using hand weights. Last year I was able to get a free membership for a few months and loved the treadmill and weight machines. If I had the money I would join again, it was great. I did end up buying a elliptical last year, and have just started using it , I began at about 3 minutes and now am up to 25 minutes, and I still do free weights and also some leg lifts, bends, ect... I am also going to try a turbo Jam dvd, and see how I like it, so I can vary my routine, and not get bored. You need to find what is good for you, whether it be dvd's, walking, gym membership, ect.. You may be able to get a free exercise machine( bike, treadmill ect...) off of freecycle.org. I can say once you start at something you like, you will soon discover how great exercising feels.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

What has worked for me is an overall eating plan and exercise plan.

I like lifting weights so I incorporate weight lifting into any exercise plan. Right now I do a mix of dumbbell workouts and The Firm workouts for cardio/weight mix. I have an elliptical as well as other cardio DVDs.

Overall, just starting a program is a huge achievement and to make sure you are losing weight as you exercise, getting an eating plan in order is essential.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Thanks I appreciate the responses..

I don't know if you've heard of HMR...I haven't been on the site long enough to see if anyone else here has done the program. It's a great program (food developed for NASA), and I love it. My diet for a day usually stays under 1200 calories. I excited for my weigh-in tomorrow!!

I'm the kind of person that does not weigh herself everyday because that would get me down. But I know if I'm dieting and exercising...I will have lost some sort of weight in a week...so it's exciting!!!

Right now I powerwalk for 2+ hours a day, and while I don't get bored right now...I don't want to get bored. I was also thinking of getting the Turbo Jam DVD....what exactly is it?

I LOVE freecycle...I'll have to look for an eliptical as I already have a bike. I get really bored with bikes.

Again..thanks for the tips
Old 05-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #5  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Absolutely, positively, my favorite exercise is bellydancing. I've been dancing for about 5 years now and I'm performing on a semi-professional level, so it's a big part of my life, but I think every woman would benefit from a class. First of all, it's an INCREDIBLE workout - shaking everything like that for an hour class will get the heart rate pumping. Second, the whole thing is about accepting your body and enjoying what you can do with the curves you have. Sure, the famous dancers are all stick-skinny, but some of the best dancing I've ever seen has come from 300+ lb women who really know how to move. Seriously, try it - it will change the way you think about your body.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I Love Turbo JaM, and walking. For me, Turbo jam melted inches away fast. And walking never gets boring.
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

My favourite all time exerciseS are: running, weight training, biking, swimming ... The one that has made me lose the most weight the fastest is running when I do it consistently... Consistency is key here in any type of exercise...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am an elliptical addict. There are enough different levels/resistances/inclines/movements to keep things interesting, and I like being in a gym for my cardio...it makes me feel like I'm working out stronger.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #9  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisen View Post
Absolutely, positively, my favorite exercise is bellydancing. I've been dancing for about 5 years now and I'm performing on a semi-professional level, so it's a big part of my life, but I think every woman would benefit from a class. First of all, it's an INCREDIBLE workout - shaking everything like that for an hour class will get the heart rate pumping. Second, the whole thing is about accepting your body and enjoying what you can do with the curves you have. Sure, the famous dancers are all stick-skinny, but some of the best dancing I've ever seen has come from 300+ lb women who really know how to move. Seriously, try it - it will change the way you think about your body.
I LOOOOOOVE Bellydancing. My friend from Romania has taught me a few moves and I find it wonderful! I put a cd in and start shaking. Even if you're not shaking it according to a video...you're still shaking it and working out. I have myself a loud jingly wrap that I love to wear...makes it sound like you're really doing it well. I've been meaning to take some classes but I don't think they start for a while.

Where do I get Turbo Jam? I looked for it at Best Buy but couldn't find it..maybe online? Guess I could look.

I love swimming...but only when it's me, myself and I in the pool. LOL

Alright! So I got me some ideas!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

I got my Turbo jam from beachbody!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #11  
Katie

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/135

I like toning classes and yoga/pilates type classes. I take yoga/pilates 3 times a week and toning once a week. I also like going to the gym early to do the eliptical before my class if I have time. Finding a class you enjoy definately makes a big difference!
fireflytrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #12  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

I do lots of cardio! I have all kinds of workout videos that I do too.
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I personally don't think you CAN lose weight quickly...not and intend to keep it off too. What works best? Whatever you'll stick with. For me, that meant/means new exercises from time-to-time to keep it interesting and keep me motivated. I'm more interested in aerobic type exercises. Some like a slower pace. The ones I do? Videos (Mostly WATPs), jump rope, stair stepper, jogging, LOTS of walking, body ball, hand weights, leg weights, hoola hoop, gazelle, marching to TV programs, step aerobics, bicycle.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote