Old 05-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Swim Suit Victory!

OK..Well I have been thinking about how much I want a swim suit for the summer but I just feel so big..But I started browsing online and found some REALLY cute styles for us bigger girls. Unfortunately, they were all 50-100 buckaroos and I am being really thrifty for the time being.

So I decided to wander up to the local Wal-Mart to atleast see what size I would wear if I DID decide to order one. Well I find this on the clearance rack..normally a $40 suit marked down to $17.00.

Even though I have never been crazy about that plain old round neck style and I didn't really LOVE the pattern/colors, I figured what they heck...it's cheap...and they only have one...and it's actually in a 16/18..A size I can wear! Must be fate.

So I try it on...And it actually looks nice! Makes my boobs sit up and look big, my belly isn't sticking out all over the place, and the skort type bottom looks good on my butt!

I also tried on this one ($23) and the top looked fantastic and I LOVE LOVE LOVED the pattern.

Unfortunately, the bottoms made my butt look terrible and my legs looked like two big fat sausages popping out of the leg holes LOL. I searched for about 20 minutes for a different pair of brown skirt like bottoms instead of those stupid Superman drawers that came with it but the only ones I found were in a Large I even contemplated switching the original bottoms with a pair on a different suit that were perfect..But I just couldn't do it.

ANYWAY. The moral of the story is that even if you AREN'T at goal, or even near it, you can still look good. You might think it is impossible, but take a chance, and maybe that ugly swimsuit in the back is the one that makes your curves go VAVOOOOM. That's what happened to me hehe. I just figure I can't put life on hold just because I am fat, and neither should you. Go get that swimsuit and make some waves!

(PS I do not work for Wal-Mart LOL)
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:43 AM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Great reminder! Thanks.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #3  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

cute suit!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your find! What I've always done (and will probably always do!) is just buy the top (or when they come together, just not use the bottoms), and then wear shorts with it. I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable wearing bikini bottoms and showing off my thick thighs and big bum! Even post weight loss, they're still a little out of proportion, I think. Stupid insecurities
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #5  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Ah-- I love it ! I just ordered a new suit (I attached the pic) but if it doesn't look good I may have to hit up the 'mart ! :-)

6s0102a.jpg
WakeMeForSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #6  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I also went to Wal Mart because it was all I could afford! I ended up with a cute zebra print halter top and a plain black skirted bottom, now I just have to get up the nerve to actually wear it!

This isn't the walmart picture (I couldn't find it) but the top I got looks exactly like this one. (Maybe one day I'll be able to wear this tiny little bottom too! lol)
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #7  
I have less blubber!

I saw those! They were very cute! I am just not big on showing my belly LOL. Too many stretch marks Maybe one day though!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I just got this one from fashion bug in a 16 misses. It looks really cute and I'm excited this is the first time I have every had a tankini!
Attached Images
File Type: gif bathingsuit.gif (10.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 05-13-2007 at 11:24 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I thought of this thread when I was walking through Target the other day, and I stopped and tried on some suits even though I'm not anywhere near my goal weight. I ended up buying a really cute one, and gave myself the goal that I will be decently happy with how I look in it by July 4ish (when the pool parties and all that start!)
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000M1G36W

if I only had the body of the model, right?
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Awesome for you! I bought some clothes this weekend even though I really (really!) did not want to buy my size (18.. yuck), and I kept repeating in my head 'try on things you wouldn't normally pick up'. I ended up trying on a bunch of stuff, and while most didn't work for me- I did walk out with two really cute outfits.. it definitely makes you feel better about yourself when you feel comfortable in your clothes.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

cagesorwings and RememberHowToSmile cute suits! I would die to be able to wear little black bikini! And that little tankini is so darling. I would so wear that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY View Post
Awesome for you! I bought some clothes this weekend even though I really (really!) did not want to buy my size (18.. yuck), and I kept repeating in my head 'try on things you wouldn't normally pick up'. I ended up trying on a bunch of stuff, and while most didn't work for me- I did walk out with two really cute outfits.. it definitely makes you feel better about yourself when you feel comfortable in your clothes.
I totally know how you feel. I tried on a pair of 18 bermuda shorts today and just cringed at the thought of how big they were..But they looked alot better on me than the size 20 pants sagging off my butt hehe. (NSV WOOT WOOT!!)

I used to be one of those people who would stuff myself into the smallest size I could button and zip (and every now and then get a little of the lady hairs caught up in the zipper LOL)..Muffin top and pot belly jiggling under a tight little shirt ..And I would ask myself "Gee Why do I look so dang fat??"

Now I realize how much BETTER I look in some pants that actually fit me..the lack of muffing top and belly overhang really makes a girl more attractive LOL. I don't even care about the number as much if it looks good on me!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I love that first suit, especially the fact that it covers the top of the thighs. My old suits don't fit, I think I will be staying away from the pool this summer
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
cagesorwings and RememberHowToSmile cute suits! I would die to be able to wear little black bikini! And that little tankini is so darling. I would so wear that now.

I totally know how you feel. I tried on a pair of 18 bermuda shorts today and just cringed at the thought of how big they were..But they looked alot better on me than the size 20 pants sagging off my butt hehe. (NSV WOOT WOOT!!)

I used to be one of those people who would stuff myself into the smallest size I could button and zip (and every now and then get a little of the lady hairs caught up in the zipper LOL)..Muffin top and pot belly jiggling under a tight little shirt ..And I would ask myself "Gee Why do I look so dang fat??"

Now I realize how much BETTER I look in some pants that actually fit me..the lack of muffing top and belly overhang really makes a girl more attractive LOL. I don't even care about the number as much if it looks good on me!
I'm in La, also!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #14  
I have less blubber!

Cool! There seem to be quite a few of us on here..Hmmm.I wonder why hehe. Love your name btw!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

That's super cute. I have a total itch to go Bikini shopping, but I'm not sure I'm ready to face that kind of disappointment if it turns out to be a disaster. I still like my one from last year, I just want to be small enough to wear little bottoms.
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote