View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 05:15 AM   #4
jillybean720
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I know everyone's goals are different, and everyone's body doesn't necessarily fall into a precise "chart" range, but perhaps the reason your body is being stubborn is that your goal is actually slightly underweight for your height? According to most weight charts, 125 is the rock bottom healthy weight for someone who is 5' 8". If you're already 130 and actually a half inch taller than that, then I would think losing any more than you already have (which as been a GREAT success, btw!) may slip you just out of a healthy range. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can't force your body to do something it knows isn't good for it, unless you do so in an unhealthy manner (but I'm hoping your goal is to be thin and healthy, not "skinny fat" ).

My suggestion: ignore the scale for a while and increase (or add, if you're not doing it already) your strength training exercises to tone the weight you currently have. By increasing muscle, you can lose inches without actually losing anymore pounds. The scale is NOT the best tool to use to measure success on this journey, especially when you're so close to the finish line
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote