Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #1  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

Default Once Again

Well, I don't know if any of you remember me. I joined back in January in attempt to lose some weight before my cruise. I only had about 4 weeks and was hoping to lose at least something. My good eating lasted about 1 week before I gave up and said "I'll do it after my cruise!"

Well now it's May and I'm just now starting again. My cruise pictures were HORRIBLE. When I used to tell people I wanted to lose weight people would say "Oh no you don't, you look fine!" Now people give me weight loss tips.

I spent the week in NYC. I didn't eat well but I figured all the walking was a jump start. My boyfriend's mother seemed to feed me unsolicited weight loss tips the whole time. Thanks mom! I realized after attempting to take several pictures without having a double chin it was time again. So I'm on day 2 and doing pretty well. I had a slight cave in last night and ate 2 bowls of Special K instead of 1. But I figure that's still better than the bag of extra butter popcorn I used to eat followed by a cookie. So I'm back now and ready to lose weight. My first goal is 10 pounds by June 16th. I have a wedding to go to. Most of the people at the wedding know me as a size 4 and now I'm a 14. If I can at least get to a 12 by then I'll feel better. So wish me luck! I need all the support I can get!!
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey JackieB,

GOOD LUCK!

I hope you can reach your goal... or come close to it! 10 pounds might be a stretch in 1 month--but hey, if you make 8 instead, it's still a good LOSS!

Are you counting calories, or do you follow some other strategy? I'm a calorie counter myself.

Cheers!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on taking the first step. You have picked an ambitious goal. But it's possible to do it if you stay really on track. Just be certain not to let short tough goals stand in the way of your long term weight loss. I wouldn't want you to fall off the wagon again so soon.
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Jackie, & good luck!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi there !

I don't remember you from before, because I had fallen off the wagon and just recently got back on. This is a great sight for support. You can certainly reach a short term goal like that, give it all you got!

I relate to your post in many ways. The most common, being that I too used to have people tell me there was no way I needed to lose any weight. Now, I'm just met with a smile, and silence, or friendly weight loss tips. It can be disheartening, but don't let it get to you. You can reach your goals and do it for you. We both can. Keep us posted on the progress.
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote