General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Does anyone watch...

...Miami Ink? And, did you catch it last night? Also, what did you think about Ami firing Kat?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #2  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I've watched this show a couple of times, but not lately. I think it's amazing how talented they are.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #3  
One day at a time

They really are Michelle and I think Kat is the best of them all. She does awesome portraits.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I watched a show a few nights ago where the Paul, Sr. of OCC thought she was rude and unhelpful to them, was that why she was let go? Then Ami and Nunez had to go to NY themselves. I don't watch it religiously but I do enjoy the show. I think Garver's work is pretty amazing. Kat's portraits were phenomenal too. So what's the real scoop? I have to go and check out my TV guide to see when it's on again next.

I just read that she opened up a new shop in L.A. which is where it seems she belongs, with her being homesick a lot of the time in Miami.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

i don't get to watch it as much as i like..i did watch about 3 hrs of the marathon this weekend. I like kat...but personally do think her head was getting too big. Especially when she po'd the OCC guys. You do have to keep a buisness running...oh well..she'll have plenty of work..her portraits rock!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

btw...just checked the miami ink web site..its appears TLC is going to do a spin off.. Kat is leaving to go to LA to open her own shop and it looks like its going to be a show on tlc.. So there you go. Not such horrible news
Old 05-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Yeppers...I love that she is doing her own show this summer. I'm wondering if Chris Garver will follow. Seemed like he was the only one who really liked her. I will watch the next Miami Ink to see what happens (something is up with him) but after that I will be a Kat follower. I think they were wrong in the way they acted towards her because she told the Sr. guys GF she didn't do bands, it was first grade and she hadn't done one since she was 16. I didn't think she was rude at all. If anyone knows her work she does mostly portraits. And Paul Sr. told his version a little different. But...what gets me is as much as I have watched this show there have been plenty of times where Ami & Chris Nunez (sp?) have told people they would not do a certain tattoo for someone. Also, I think they should have talked with Kat way before it got to the point it did. Anyway, I think she had mixed feelings about leaving. I am glad she is back in LA thought with her hubby and getting her own show!

Also, I do think that she has a big head about her work. But...I think it is warranted. She is only 23 and very good at what she does.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I love Miami Ink, but haven't watched it in quite a while. They do amazing work. Even makes me want a tattoo, but until it is pain free, this big baby must stay away. I didn't know they fired Kat. Too bad, she did such beautiful work. But her reputation seems to have held since she is getting her own show. If you're good at what you do, you can find work anywhere.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 AM   #9  
I'm Serious This Time...

I missed it, I hope they re-run it this week. Kat's new shop in L.A. is "High Voltage Tattoo" and her new show will be L.A. Ink. I can't wait to to see it. She is so fabulously talented.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #10  
ugggg.....

Kat's my space page blogs give her version of what has happenned.

Myself I think it's two things
1-some arrogant men (both Sr & Ami) have trouble with strong willed women that expect to be treated with respect
2-the new show was already in the works-what we weren't shown is Kat lives and works in LA and had to be flown in for the tapings in Miami everytime--the OCC and the "firing" were just for the drama

My favorite on Miami Ink is Garver and as the show has progressed he doesn't seem to be as happy and I think we will see him in LA
Old 05-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #11  
One day at a time

I agree Jules. And you are right. Even DD wondered why they didn't show more about Kat. They always have to have the drama thought, don't they? I didn't know that she was being flown in for tapings, duh! LOL I wondered how her marriage was surviving her being gone, lol. Of course I haven't been to her blog either so...

...I like Garver too! And I bet he ends up in LA...time will tell.
Closed Thread