Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 04:48 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thumbs down Easter Hotties.

Here's hoping the ester bunny misses me out this year!
Geneve
Old 02-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #2  
bc

Hey Geneve the dinner sounds great!

Thanks for the heads up on the posting.

Barb
Old 02-27-2002, 03:37 AM   #3  

Morning ladies. Mine started at 2.15 when Leo woke up and decided it was time to be wide awake and happy. He finally wnt to sleep after 4.00. I'm not used to this and I hope it's not the start fo something new. I did leave him for as long as I could bear, but with Ted asleep next door I can't risk having two awake.
Now have to spend all day tring to avoid excess coffee and chocolate.
Oh to be asleep.......
Old 02-27-2002, 07:00 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Drake is still sleeping at the moment but I think I might have heard him stir a bit so I'd better be quick.

Geneve - I had my exam at the dr and as far as she can tell there is nothing going on. So I'll just have to wait for my next monthly to see what happens. We are going to discuss different birth control after that. I don't know if I should try something different or stick with the pill.

Not much new going on with me. I feel pretty good about things right now. Got in my walk yesterday and my diet was good. The only thing left is to drink more water.

Take care everyone. Have a great day.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:40 AM   #5  
bc

Geneve you reminded me to make my coffee. I wasn't up during the night, but I haven't had any yet either.

Yesterday was a glorious day and I went on a walk from the bus stop. Is came with me in her stroller. We walked to the shops and bought a cup of coffee and then walked down to a coffee shop my friend works at. There we drank yet more coffee and Is had some nut bread (nuts removed) while we sat in the glorious sun. I went home and felt I had actually done something, the added plus was I was primed and ready to go!

Today is colder and I might take a bit more for me to get out and about. I would love to be huddled in bed right now.......oh yes I need that coffee!

Barb
Old 02-27-2002, 02:06 PM   #6  

bARB, YOU MAKE ME ME MISS nEW jERSEY.
Oops DH calling time to egt baby out of the bath. More later
Old 02-27-2002, 03:38 PM   #7  

Do you have room for one more mom??? Hi everyone, here I am finally. I delivered Matthew on 1/23, he weighed in at 8 lbs 7.5 oz, and 20 1/2". I won't go into my delivery story, but it was frightening and complicated, I lost a ton of blood, needed almost 3 hrs of surgery to put me back together. Thankfully, end result is good--I'm ok and baby is fine too!
I got the OK from my dr at 1 mo to begin slowly exercising which I've done. So far I'm only at 3x a week (when my daughter is at preschool). Luckily I do have a Baby Bjorn as Matthew joins me on the ellicptical. After my 6 wk ck up next week I'm hopeful to get the ok to start back with my exercise tapes that include weights. I've dropped a good amount of my pregnancy weight, but everything is now in a different spot!!! lol. Nothing but my larger clothes fit.
Matthew is much more challenging than my daughter was. He LOVES to eat and cries much more than she did. As of now he doesn't care for the swing or bouncy chair. He wants to either be held, rocked, eating, or asleep.
Well he is stirring in the bassinet, so I must get going. Just wanted to stop in and say HI and I'll be visiting from time to time.
Thanks,

Ann
Old 02-27-2002, 03:46 PM   #8  
bc

Hello Ann and of course you are welcome!

You have really gotten back in the swing of things and only a month after the birth. I really feel like a slug now! My baby is only 9 months old! And I am still struggling to put in time on the Precor!

I should take this as motivation! Glad you are joining us. I will be more motivated for it!
Old 02-28-2002, 04:06 PM   #9  

welcome Ann and as Barb says well done for getting motivated so early. Now take it easy after the surgery etc (ouch!) remember you have to look after yourself so you can take care of your babies.
I had a good bit of advice from one of my old teachers today...apparently it's a Buddhist thing...
'be kind to everyone, starting with yourself'...
I think I may make it my signature
Geneve
Old 03-03-2002, 04:37 AM   #10  

Hi! remember me being all excited about getting that article published? I got my copy of the magazine yesterday!
ANyway, apart from all that, diet right off track. I havebeen out too much and drunkl far too mcuh and I feel awful, really like I have poison oozing out of me.
YuK!
Hope you are all haveing a good weekend.
Geneve
Old 03-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Geneve!!!! I'll bet you are som thrilled to see your article in print. We're all really proud of you
Old 03-04-2002, 05:09 PM   #12  
bc

Geneve it must be fun seeing your name and words in print. Have you writtem many articles? What was this one on?

Isabelle is sleeping terribly! I discovered she is getting four teeth all at once. the bottom two started coming in two weeks ago and now the top too are also breaking through. I am hoping her wakefulness at night is from the teething and not a bad habit starting. She has been waking up when I come up to bed in the wee hours, but then instead of nursing and sleeping near us (which wasn't as much of a problem) she is awake and pulling on my hair and picking at my face. I know she just wants me to wake up but I am so tired by then! Last night I took her downstairs so John could sleep but then I was dozing off on the couch while she was watching me bright eyed and smiling. What guilt! I decided she could get into more trouble on her own with me sleeping on the couch so I went back upstairs. Tried to put her into her bed, but she cried, John walked her around and she went to sleep quickly. Meanwhile I was So tired! I went to sleep and then at 7am John had to wake me up and my screaming at him (doesn't he realize sleep depravation is a serious matter?!) woke Isabelle up and started the whole thing over. He had planned to take the day off and took the boys to the bus while I slept with Isabelle falling asleep eventually. We kept this process up for much of the morning. When I finally did get up Isabelle had a hadful of my hair sticking to her from her explorations.

Tonight I plan to deprive her of sleep and then put her to bed. Hopefully she will sleep better and I will get to sleep on my own and keep my hair.

Last Friday I noticed I couldn't get enough food into me. Nothing was filling me up. That night (or the next day) I got my period. Now my appetite is normal again.......well normal for me... I guess things tend to balance out in the long run.

Barb (the sleep deprived )
Old 03-04-2002, 05:12 PM   #13  

I'm going mad, finally. I have also applied for a job!I said i would never work for anyone else again but if DH is going to stick at his local job so he can spend more time with the kids then I can get a job in the early evening and he can put the kids to bed.
The extra money could make the difference between holidays here or away, and I love my holidays.
AND it will keep me away from the fridge in the evenings. Can't be a bad thing. All I have to do now is wait and see if I get called in for an interview.
Leo has strted pulling up on everything and will now walk a few steps towards me if I'm holding his little hands. Sadly this is ALL he wants to do! The days seem very long at the moment.
He broke my beautiful candle lamp today, which is a sure sign it's time to go for the minimalist 'i have a toddler' look. Oh well, more for the attic.
Gen
Old 03-04-2002, 05:17 PM   #14  

Hi Barb, we must both be here at the same time.
I'm just off to bed but I'm SURE it's the teething. Apparently it hurts like ****.
Much as I wouldn't dream of giving anyone advice about kids, we get strongly warned off sleeping on a sofa with a baby (I know she wasn't on the sofa but just in case it seems likea good idea when you're sleepy) it's supposed to be very dangerous.
Night night everyone.
Gen
Old 03-04-2002, 05:43 PM   #15  
bc

Geneve, Let us know about the job! If you get it you have to especially tell us what it is and how it does. I just saw a job opening for a special ed teacher (my field) and it said ASAP. It was for a town about a half hour away and I think it would do much to complicate my life so I don't think I will be replying. Imagine rushing the boys to school before childcare, having to pay for before school and afterschool childcare for two kids Plus full time infant care. I think it would completely eat up any wage I earned!

You are right she wasn't on the couch. She was just pulled up and standing there watching me. She didn't get into any trouble, however my mommy radar says there are many more things she could get into if I was sleeping than if she was on our bed pulling my hair and picking at my face.

Today is my hectic day because John has a class at night.

Barb
Closed Thread