Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #1  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Thumbs down Blisters and Running

I need some advice. I got a new pair of running shoes about a month ago and have been using them ever since. Sometimes I’ll get a really minor blister on the instep of my foot, but nothing too bad and it would usually be gone in a day. However, during my run yesterday I developed a huge one on my left foot, nothing on my right. What gives? Same shoes, same distance running, why the huge blister? If my shoes were causing this wouldn’t it have happened sooner, and on both feet? Is there something about the way I run that is causing this? Should I bandage that area of my foot from now on? Any help would be appreciated.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/205/137

Height: 5' 6"

Same thing happens to me, I only get them on my left foot instead of my right. I've got a massive blood blister on my heel from my Friday work out. It doesn't hurt, but I haven't done any running since Friday (was thinking about doing it today, though). I've been trying to break in my new shoes by wearing them around the house or when I do errands, but it hasn't worked yet, and when I work out, I wear my old sneakers.
Fooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #3  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

When I got a new pair of running shoes a couple of months ago, I got a massive blister on the inside of my heel. It healed and I haven't had a problem since. Maybe it's just still the newness of the shoe rubbing you in wrong places? Maybe consider different (thicker or thinner) socks?
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I had a pair of shoes that gave me blisters, some days worse than others. I switched running shoes to ones that fit better and haven't had a problem since, for several years now, unless I'm running in the rain or without socks (in a triathlon or aquathlon).

Remember to size up 1/2 to a full size in running shoes from your typical street shoe size.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5 5

That happened to me too! I had the shoes for a few months and then I got a really bad blister. So I went to a running store and bought an actual pair of GOOD sneakers (not cheap!) and I am now fine! They also told me that there are socks you can buy to help out-I am not sure what they are called but they are almost a double sock-just an idea!
Briza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Here's my key to no blister...

1. Proper fitting shoe purchased from a running store staffed by people who know what they're talking about (NOT a foot locker or mall shoe store).
2. Wicking socks
3. Liberal application of Body Glide to entire foot before each run
4. If an area is prone to blisters, I will often put a small patch of mole skin over that area before a long run

Good luck!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #7