Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#136

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.

Hi to all~~Since no one has been in since I was I will wish you all a good day. Not on top of the world this morning. I went a head and started a new thread since we was up to 29 posts. Need to get my hands busy.

Last edited by Marlana; 03-01-2002 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:04 AM   #2  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
I've got to go and finish the laundry---MIL will be here this afternoon by the time I get home from work; so I probably won't be back til Monday. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here, and wish all a wonderful weekend! Mine is somewhat topsy-turvy; I usually have all my lists and plans going, and it takes me a while to get over having to reschedule! But I'm sure we'll enjoy the visit. Love you all, and talk to you Monday. Jen, I'm going to check out the Self challenge, but I may have to start on Tuesday!
Love,
Sally:sheep:
Old 03-01-2002, 07:36 PM   #3  

Hellooooooo!!!!! Its Friday!!!!!!!

I'm so glad this work week is over. I am pretty much caught up on my work so the past couple of days I've been getting things ready again for hearings. I seem to only be able to manage them every several months because there is so much work to them.

There is snow headed this way. They were saying 6-10 inches and now they are saying 3-5 inches. Usually we are right on the line and I have a feeling we will get more rain or sleet than snow. Time will tell. I know its supposed to be really bad up north.

Marlana, thanks for starting a new thread. I just noticed I haven't been here for about 3 days. Hmmmm, where has the time gone?!!!! Last night I was in a reading mood and the night before we werent home. So far dh really likes his job. He comes home filthy but considering he is working under truck trailers, its no wonder. We went to Goodwill and found some jeans for him to wear till he can start getting uniforms. I hope your mood has lifted some for you. I've been a little moody myself lately, mostly because I'm feeling out of control.

Jen, has your friend found anything out about her son yet? Thats scarey. I hope everything is ok with him and her dad. Wow, when it rains, it pours. Its alot for one person to handle. Hopefully she has alot of support, and it sounds like she has it with you. Yes, last weekend was really nice. Better weather will soon be upon us tho as spring is not all that far off.

Tobey, if only it was as simple to lose weight as the cartoon you attached to your post. Oh, don't mention the dentist. Its been over a year since my last cleaning. Part of it is forgetting about it and the other part is I've not been happy with the last dentists I tried out. But I'll find one I like. I want one that doesnt charge way over what the insurance pays and then I found one but then he thought I was going to just let him do $5000 worth of work on me (thats over what the insurance would pay). I asked him how he thought I'd pay for it and he said "well you want to keep your teeth dont you?" One other dentist I had said my teeth were in pretty good shape for all the work I've had on them.

Sally, I hope all goes well with your MIL. Do you get along with her pretty good? I get along with mine but she can get on my nerves pretty easy. She fusses too much and it drives us all nuts.

Skeeter, I hope you and dh are doing ok. I miss seeing you in here.

Well, I'm going to get going so we can go get something to eat. Take care everyone.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:16 PM   #4  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone.

I wanted to let y'all know that I am still alive and kicking. We are feeling a lot better and trying to play catch up now. I haven't had a free minute the last few days with cleaning the house, catching up with the laundry and bathing the dogs. We also had Direct TV installed yesterday. I haven't even had time to watch anything except Survivor last night. Today was an all day errand and grocery shopping day. We also filed our income tax return while we were in town.

We have had some very cold weather the last two nights. It was 21 on Thursday and 27 this morning. We covered some of the stuff up but we don't know yet if it helped. There was so much tender new buds and blooms that is very hard to protect. Covering prevents frost damage but it is really hard to fight those low temperatures.

It appears that most everyone is really busy right now. Y'all have a good weekend.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:22 PM   #5  

Hello gals. Wonder where everyone is? I know. On the way to my house to help me shovel some snow. We are predicted to get 10-14 inches in the next 24 hrs. Wonder if I'll make it in to work tomorrow? I'm not risking anything for that place that's for sure. I've finally gotten my paper written for Wed, and wouldn't you know, they extended the deadline 1 week. But I'm done. I'm not sure how well it is, but it's the right number of pages. Oh well.

Some good news with my friends son. He doesn't have anything "wrong". Its a congenital thing, his liver is twisted, pushes his spleen down so it isn't protected by his ribs. So when he was in wrestling, it got banged around and swelled up. He just can't play contact sports. Her dad is another story. I spent the whole afternoon with her at the hospital. The tried to take him off the vent and he went wild. He hates hospitals, doctors etc. Obviously this problem had been going on for a long time, and just about killed him. He went back on the vent today, planning on about a week this time.

Jojo- Here comes that darn snow you wanted! I hope you are happy!

Skeeter- glad to hear that you're feeling better, but catching up is such a pain. I hope your plants survived the cold.

Sally- Have fun (???) with your MIL this weekend.
I suppose that's about it. Hope everyone is driving safely over to my house with a sturdy shovel! Then we'll run up to Jojo's house!

Jen
Old 03-02-2002, 04:36 PM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hello Ladies~~I hope your weather where ever you are is better than ours. We have a snow on the ground and there is ice under the snow. Thank goodness it fell today and hubby doesn't have to get out on the roads to work. I had Brett all day yesterday, he kept me busy. I guess I want him to be like Grand Ma, I thought him how to drive nails. He loved it. He couldn't quite get the hang of the handsaw though, he's a bit small for that. He put some nails in a board and give it to me for a present, so I guess now I'll have a board setting around in the way for a long time. They never forget when they make you something, and always expect it to be there the next time they come over. It may be cold, but hubby just went to the sunporch to walk on the treadmill. He never misses a day. It's in the teens out there. Maybe that has something to do with my depression, he can keep a commitment to himself and I can't keep one to myself.

Sally~~I bet your house was spotless of mil, don't you wish you would do that for yourself??? Hope you had a very pleasent visit.

Jo Jo~~My mood has lifted somewhat, but still pretty bad. Can't seem to pull myself out of it. If I could get on a good diet and stay there, I'm sure that would do me more good than anything else. I'm sick of myself. I am out of control, and depression sure don't help at all. What's it going to take for us to get down to business and stay there, like my hubby is doing.

Skeeter~~Good to see you here. I hope your enjoying the direct tv, that is what we have. Did you get the plain ol package or did you get a bunch of channels? I watched Survivor, and they have got some more loo loos this time too. The one they voted out, was a nut of some kind. I don't like the girl that thanks she is so good looking or the black guy either. That's about as for as I've got to sorting out who I like and don't like.

Jen~~Your so right, I was on my way to your house to help with the snow and I didn't get down the road 5 miles until I run into snow here so had to turn around and go back home. Good to hear your friends son is ok. Don't risk your life going to work, they won't thank any more of you.

Tobey missed you in here today, what's got you so busy, are you out running since we down south have the snow that is rightly yours? Hope you all are having a really good week end.
Jo Jo...They've got crafts on TV and I want to learn how to do that one step painting that Donna somebody is doing, it is so pretty. I would like to do all kinds of things, there isn't enough time........................Hubby just come in from walking and he is sweating. He walks so fast.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:54 PM   #7  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I got this in email a few min. ago, I like it.
LIFE AS A FEMALE BEAR

If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six
months.
I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid.
I could deal with that, too.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone
who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too.
I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling.
He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
I could deal with that.

When you awake from hibernation, you have lost 60 pounds.
I could deal with that.

I wanna be a bear.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:43 PM   #8  

Default HAPPY WEEKEND

Hope everyone is having a good week end. So far so good here. Fat boy ( as I loving call him) are both staying op. I did weigh at the end of the week and have lost 2 pounds. I don't have a full week in though. I just started back op officially on Monday when I started writing everything down. I went out to eat last night with the ladies from work. One lady was quiting after 27 years. (I could not imanage working there for 27 years. But we took here out to eat. Of course I knew there was some reason I have been baking points all week. I sure used them. But I counted every single hushpuppy I put in my mouth. And I still have a few points I can use if need be.
Marlana- I want to be a bear. It would be just great. I could go into hibernation and be almost to goal. That would be so great. We are waiting here to see what the weather is going to do. Ofcourse we never listen to the weather people. Tuesday night we were just suspose to have a hard freeze, no precip. get up the next morning and it had snowed. Of course I did not get anything at my house but just down the road there was an inch and a half.
jen glad to hear aobut your friends son. at least they know what they are dealing with.
Well gotta go and get some work done for my softball meeting tomorrow. Talk to you all later
Teresa
Old 03-02-2002, 10:22 PM   #9  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone.

Hope y'all are doing okay. My youngest grandson was taken to the hospital this evening by ambulance. He is being tested for spinal meningitis. Please add him to your prayers. We just celebrated his first birthday in Orlando two weeks ago. He is such a sweet happy little boy.

Marlana~Geesh, it's no wonder we are sick and can't get over it. Thursday was 21 degrees and we ran the heat all day long. Today has been hot and muggy with all the windows open and it is almost 10:00 at night. I was thinking about turning the a/c on but it is supposed to be freezing again on Tuesday. I shouldn't complain because in a couple of weeks, it will be hot and stay that way for months. We got the total choice with local programming. They gave us HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months. I was surprised to find 7 different channels of HBO though. It takes entirely too much time checking the guide to see what is on. I told them that I didn't want the movie channels but they argued with me because it is free. I guarantee it will be cancelled within 3 months if not sooner. No reason for this little monkey, I just wanted to try it. I loved the bear thing and sent it to everyone in my address book.

Jen~That's good news that your friends son is going to be okay. Hopefully the husband will too. Aren't you glad that you already have your paper ready? A few of my plants came through the cold just fine but some look very sick. None of them look dead though. Okay, we have our shovels packed but they are regular shovels as there is no such thing as a snow shovel in Florida. We are leaving soon but first I wanted to check my email, then there is that stack of mail on the table, and that load of towels in the washer, and the trash that needs to be taken to the dump, and..........well you know how it is.

JoJo~Hubby and I are doing so much better and are up and around but not moving around real fast yet or we start coughing. Hubby was supposed to have a breathing test yesterday for asthma but that was cancelled. The machine broke and it will be a few days to get a new one and get it ready. I think some of us are feeling down because we aren't losing any weight and can't seem to get control of our eating. I feel like this new little piggy. Did you have to mentions dentist? I keep forgetting to search the directory for a new dentist. I was due for my 6 month cleaning in December. I miss the dental tech that I had in Orlando so bad. I hate the process of trying new ones and not liking them and trying another. I think that the tech is more important than the dentist because I see her more often for the cleanings.

Teresa~I missed you when I first posted this so came back in through edit. WTG with the weight loss. That is fabulous. I told hubby today that we need to get back on the wagon if we want to to on vacation in a smaller form. I sure don't want to go see family and friends in this size.

Gonna go read a while before I fall asleep. Have a great Sunday everyone. Hope your visit with your company goes well, Sally.

Last edited by Skeeter2; 03-02-2002 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 12:10 PM   #10  

Well, they say we got 10 inches of the white crap. I don't think I got that much here though. I got eveything shoveled nicely yesterday, and then the winds started. Now today I have to shovel everything again. Except today it is much colder. But, by Wednesday it's back in the 40's, and warmer for the weekend. At least the snow won't last long. I did make it in to work yesterday. That darn city was on the ball and got my alley plowed. I'm just gonna have to move to the country! Then I'll get a couple extra days off every year! Maybe someday!

Skeeter- I hope your grandson is going to be ok. Maybe I'll have to run a snow shovel down to you so you can come on up and help! Sounds good to me! The stores are starting to advertise picnic tables, land scaping stuff, fertilizers. It's just killing me. I can't wait to get out there and clean it up.

Teresa- Congrats on the 2lb loss. I stayed about the same, but who's complaining. I lost 4 last week. I can't imagine 27 yrs in one place either. Last month one of our nurses retired, 41 yrs at that hospital. UGH!

Marlana- I want to be a bear. Sounds wonderful. Can you imagine, waking up 60 lbs lighter! You know Mama, regular exercise can help to lift depression. The hardest part is getting started. Hop on the treadmill and say, I'll give it 2 minutes, and see what happens. You can spare 2 minutes, and then you'll keep going.

I hope everyone else is in route with a shovel! Tomorrow is the official start day of the Self Challenge. www.self.com if you're interested in joining me.

Jen
Old 03-03-2002, 12:14 PM   #11  

Good morning everyone.

I woke up with a headache this morning and I'm just having a heck of a time trying to make myself get moving. I have to go get some groceries and stop at the drug store tho but wanted to come in here first and say hi to ya'all. I spend my Sunday afternoon watching the Animal Planet channel. If anyone is an animal lover and you can get that cable channel, well, I just love it. I hardly ever have the shopping channels on now. I just check them every once in awhile to see what they are selling.

Yesterday it was pouring down rain and then all of a sudden it started snowing, huge flakes that stuck to everything and visibility was not very good. I thought we were going to get alot of snow but it looks like we've got about 2 inches on the ground. Dh just took the broom to the back porch so we are in pretty good shape here.

Skeeter, gosh it doesn't seem like your newest grandson is a year already. I hope he is fine and its not menningitis. There are alot of virus's going around lately. I hope your dh's test goes ok, once they get their new machine. Thats usually my luck when it comes to Dr's appointments to.

Jen, I was all set to head up your way with my snow shovel but I heard the roads were just to bad to be out on them. I'm really surprised we didn't get more snow than we did, in fact, I'm a little dissappointed but Springfield always seems to be on the tailend of the weather fronts that come thru. I hope you are all dug out now.

Teresa, way to go with losing 2 lbs. Thats great. I've got to do something to get myself going again cause dh wants to lose some weight to. He keeps talking about his jeans that have "shrunk". I just roll my eyes at that. Talk about denial. Oh well, he's never really had much of a weight problem before so I'll let him believe his clothes are just shrinking.

Marlana, awww, I love the bear poem. I wish I was a bear to. I'd love to hibernate and wake up lighter. We had ice under the snow to. It was a really wet and heavy snow that came down. All the little kiddies are out trying to make snowmen. I'm sick of myself to plus things going on at work that make me a little nervous. Oh well, I'll just do my job and not worry about everything else.

Well, I think I got everyone that posted so I need to get off here and get my butt to the store. Take care.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Afternoon~~I've got myself back on track. I don't want anyone to thank it was anything I done to get myself back up, it has to have been a higher power. Today I'm grateful for feeling better. Boy!!!! Was it ever cold last night, I don't care for dogs, but I could have used a couple last night. It was 0 at 7:30 this morning. Has warmed up some today, the roads are melting off anyway. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, so I sure hope so.

Teresa~~I know that you must have said at some point in time, but I've forgot. How much weight do you need to lose. For some reason I thought you just liked about 10 pounds. Congrats on the 2 pounds lost last week. How much did your hubby lose?

Skeeter~~I got you beat on weather, 0 last night. That will slow the sandbass down from going up the river. We didn't get anything free for 3 months or 3 days. How much did it cost you to get it put in and everything. It cost us 27.00 all together. They have been advertising a hook up with 2 receivers for nothing for a couple of weeks now. I tell what they do, They will send you mail, you can get right on you TV. I don't ever read it, they are trying to sell you shows. We don't have any HBOs.

Jen~~Girlfriend, white

crap is an under statement. Thanks for the information on exercise and depression. The problem is when your depressed you don't have too much control over what you do. I'm better, much better today. I do have a question for you Nurse Jen. At 2:45 this morning I had a night mare, I mean a really bad one, I wasn't in trouble someone else was, gross stuff. I woke up and went to the bathroom and took my blood pressure and it was 189/102. Do you thank it could be dreams that causes my B. pressure to go up at night? I don't always remember dreams. May be stupid, but I'm asking my doctor tomorrow. You know what if we was bears, we would have a really nice warm fur coat too, and no one would picket us.

Jo Jo~~I've stopped watching the shopping channels too. Just the same ol crap all the time. I did see something the other day that is it really worked I'd sure like to have it. The steam buggy, ever seen it? I'll get to Walmart and be much cheaper someday. I don't have to go out in the snow anymore, hubby gets in the wood and feeds the cows, used to be my job. How ever when he goes to feed he comes back to the sunporch and walks on the treadmill, and so help me he slings mud like 2 male dogs after a ***** dog in a muddy field. I'm the cleaner upper.

Hoping everyone is having a great week end. I've got to go over to the Canon web page and download another driver for the Canon Scanner I bought. Don't buy one, I've had nothing but problems with mine. grrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-03-2002, 05:11 PM   #13  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone.

We are finally getting some rain out of those storms that have been missing us for days. It started raining about 1:30 today and has been such a nice change. This means that we will go 4 wheeling tomorrow too. Ours friends have already called to verify. Hubby's is tomorrow and I just finished baking the cake. I have this great cake baking pan with a lid. We are taking the cake with us tomorrow so we can get rid of most of it. We always take a big cooler with us and the pan will fit in the bottom just fine. There will be 6 of us and it should be a great ride. We'll have to bundle up because there is more cold air on the way. I am fine as long as I keep my ears warm.

Marlana~We got the satellite installed for free and it is a multiple dish. I did have to pay shipping and handling on it which was $24.95. Free HBO and Cinemax for 3 months was part of the deal as long as I agree to 12 months of Total Choice or above. I already have a dish that we don't need now and receiver that was given to us. Direct TV sent me a new card for that receiver for $20 and it will be $4.99 per month after we activate it. The cable company hasn't made it out to turn the cable off yet so we haven't been in a hurry to hook up that second receiver. We didn't want the movie channels but they insisted because they are free. That is just too many channels as far as I am concerned.

Jen~I talked with my son after church today and the baby is fine. The have determined that the problem was a seizure caused by his sudden fever. He is going home this evening after another blood test. At least they are being very thorough with those tests so that nobody will worry about that baby after he is released. I had to turn the air conditioner on today. It was so muggy and we couldn't have all the windows open with the rain. It will be turned off as soon as the rain quits because it is supposed to be in the 40's tonight and possible frost tomorrow night. Typical winter weather here.

JoJo~I love Animal Planet too. I usually leave on there all day long as I am cleaning the house. I also like ER which is rerun on TNT every weekday with 2 shows starting at 9 in the morning. I can't get anything done if I start watching that though. Hubby is having his breathing test at 4 in the afternoon on Wednesday. We will end up getting home really late that evening. He still has that cough that nothing seems to help. He has some prescription cough medicine but it doesn't faze it. He just wants to find a solution for that.

I think that I will go sit on the front porch and read to the sounds of the rain. That is so relaxing. I fell asleep the last time that I did that. Y'all have a good evening.

Last edited by Skeeter2; 03-03-2002 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:29 AM   #14  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I'm a bit confused this morning. I found an attachment that I wanted to try and see if it was too big and they don't seem to have the thread where you can try them out. So I thought...well I'll just try it here and I had no option of attaching anything. What's going on??? Maybe it finally happened, I've lost it all together. I didn't have to remove any paper clips but I darn sure don't get to add any either. If your reading this and you don't know about the paper clips, I bet your confused.

Skeeter~~Looks like your the only one I've got to write to this A M. I bet your already gone off on the 4 wheelers this morning. Hope your having a great time. We didn't get a second receiver, I don't watch a lot of TV at night while hubby is here. All my fish was doing great this morning. Lord knows that could change by the end of the day. There is no better sleeping than when it is raining. I would like to have one of those tapes with the sound of rain on it. I also like running water.

If you see an attachment here you will know I had the option, if not I didn't. Have a great Monday and a great week. The option if attachments is gone!!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #15  

Good morning. I ended up getting called off of work last night. That's fairly usual. Not enough nurses all week, then bam, too many! Oh well. It was too cold for me to go outside anyway. I cleaned the house and vegged out in front of the TV. That sure was nice. Today I need to go get a new ink cartridge for my printer and stop at the laundromat and wash my comforter. It's full of cat hair (wonder why?!)

Today is the first day of the self challenge, so I should check into the site and make sure I know what my "assignments" are for the week. It's nice letting someone else be in charge of things. I'll just do what they say. I'm not so sure about weigh-ins though. I'm nearing the end of my monthly cycle so I don't expect to see any great losses. I usuallly hold 5 lbs or more of water. I guess if I stay even, that's an accomplishment. But I still feel like a bloated whale. I can tell it's starting, and I may have 2 more weeks yet. UGH.

Mama- Don't worry. This bumpy road you seem to be on will straighten itself out soon. I notice I get that way every winter. I can tell it's letting up though. Spring is just around the corner. It's supposed to be in the 50's and thnunderstorms by the end of the week. Last night we might have broke a record low of -5. YIKES! Wonder if I'll get sick with this round.

Skeeter- We are going to get the rain later this week. I just love thunderstorms. I had forgotten all about them 'til I read your post. I'm glad your grandson is ok. Do they know why he got the sudden fever though? Was it that high? 4-wheeling sounds like fun. Wish your hubby a happy birthday for us.

Jojo- I got my groceries yesterday too. I think I did alright. I actually like it. It's like a game, how much food can I get for the least amt of calories? I love animal planet, and the discovery channel.

Marlana- almost forgot, yes dreams can affect your blood pressure, heart rate, and breathing rate. If you have sleep apnea that can raise your BP also.

I guess that's about it for today. Hope everyone else is behaving today!

Jen
Closed Thread