Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #145

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
I will start a new thread but be sure to check out the end of #144! It is snowing and blowing here . . . more blow than snow but I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere tonight. Jason and Amanda are leaving for Maui tomorrow morning so I have my fingers crossed that they can fly out. They leave from Sioux City to St. Louis and then it's a direct flight. I just checked the weather forecast and SL is to get a mixture of rain, sleet, and snow starting tonight. I guess there isn't much I can do about the weather except keep my fingers crossed.

Gail -- I now have two stepsisters and we were all kind of unhappy that we weren't invited to the wedding! My "mom" has said more than once she is so glad we all get along . . . probably wouldn't have if we were all still in high school! We're just so tickled that our parents have someone to share their life with. I hope you had fun shopping today! Tell us, what did you buy? I just know that you came home with something!

Sharon -- my headache seems to be gone today and I am glad! If I am catching a cold I wish it would just happen and get it over with! Good luck at WW tomorrow -- let us know how it went.

Maggie -- what are you up to today?

I am off to turn up the heat and fix a cup of hot tea. Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- watching the weather go by in Iowa!
Old 03-01-2002, 10:51 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Smile Day #53

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We have been gone all day. Absolutely all day shopping for the necessities of life. Tired is what we are now. Here is a neat thing we ran across driving down one road ~ a wheelbarrow with a red and white checked table cloth neatly arranged over and around it full with bags with 6 avacados in them and a sign saying they were a dollar a bag and just leave the money in the can ~ no person around. They are currently selling for a dollar a piece in the markets around. Then when we were coming home there were two baby goats loose in the highway so a lady got out and kept them off the road wilie we went and fetch the high way patrol. They are so cute but if hit by a car could cause one huge accident on that very curvy road. Somewhat like hitting a deer.

JEAN thank you for starting up a new thread. Now who could blame Jason and Amanda for leaving Iowa at this time. I hope their flight is safe and deposits them in that warmer place with big smiles on their faces.

SHARON I wish you success on your weigh in tomorrow. Water tests must be done daily here. Here is in the San Padre National Forest. Since we are kinda camp hosts that is one thing we do. There are water tanks here that need to be kept regulated with chlorine tablets somewhat like one uses in their swimming pool. Tests have to be delivered once a month to the lab. There is a certain code like for how many parts per gallon of chlorine is allowed and the turbitidy tests show how much other stuff is in the water.

GAIL OK what did you buy? I know there was something that caught your eye and called your name. Hopefully Heather found what she was looking for. Or you might have to go again ~ perish that thought. I bought a set of one pound hand weights........ gonna do some exercises for the ole arms.

Have a great first day of March ladies.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:37 AM   #3  

Good Morning, Flowers!
I am online trying to track Jason and Amanda's flight. I can find the departure and arrival times but not that the plane actually took off. I am assuming that they did because we haven't heard anything from them. Our snow has stopped but the wind is still whipping it around. I don't think we got all that much as some places are bare while there are drifts here and there. Our driveway was pretty deep this morning.

Maggie -- your 30+ # loss is VERY impressive! You are doing so well! I can just picture the wheel barrow where you went shopping. One doesn't find many honor system businesses these days. You haven't done any parking lot adventures lately.

Lorraine -- where are you? We miss you!

Well, I need to get busy! I have several piles to attend to today. Have a nice Saturday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-02-2002, 02:33 PM   #4  
I will do it this time

Hi!!

Quick check in and then I am running again. I lost 1.2#. I am so happy!!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 02:54 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Smile Day #54

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

We have a bit of a breeze today which is nice. It probably will be a bit warmer today because of it.

JEAN no parking lot observances.... I have been taking a book along to read and not so much people watching going on. But when I forget to take a book I will do some up dates on that saga. Speaking of books ~ I started one last night ~ BIG MISTAKE because when I do that and it is a good one I marathon it. It is a Grisham book called "The Brethren." I didn't quite finish it though ~ gave in to sleep at 4:30 am.

SHARON CONGRATULATIONS. How wonderful that you showed that loss of 1.2when hoping for at least a maintain. What joy you must have. I am so happy for you. Now keep that FOCUS and you will do well this next week.

Turn has a tomorrow. He will be 6. So make any gifts you may send him to fit that approiate age.

Everyone have a nice Saturday.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:44 PM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Saturday afternoon...

Hey! I was in here earlier but my post got lost. Made me so angry I had to walk away from the computer.

I had a great time yesterday with my oldest daughter. We always have a great time shopping! Y'all would've been proud of me--I ate like a thin person. I watched my daughter eat and followed her example. We ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (I bet that just got y'all's attention!) and had a fantastic lunch! I had Herbed Crusted Salmon on a bed of mixed salad greens, with freshly steamed asparagus...along with some iced tea sweetened with mango juice. Gosh, THAT was such a great lunch. I ate all of the salmon (it was served cold, btw) but couldn't finish the huge salad. It was HUGE! Afterwards, Heather asked me I were going to have cheesecake so we decided to split a slice...and neither one of could finish our half of the slice! <holding hand over heart> Honest truth! I couldn't finish it! And then we walked for two hours.

I went to WW this morning. EARLY. I left the house at 6:30am to attend the 7:00am meeting. Sooooo glad I went and so glad I stayed for the meeting. First of all, I did have a gain but it was hardly a half pound and I'll have that off easy this week. Considering all that I ate last weekend (remember that FRIED food?) and my tummy being so upset (bloated and crampy) last Tuesday, I was very happy with that. Thought I would never say that about a gain! Anyway, I'm back in control.

Sharon, you know Wayne doesn't like to go the mall...so NO, he did not go with Heather and me shopping! This mall is actually two double-decker malls connected by a cross-walk. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you on losing another 1.2 lbs.!!! And you were so nervous about going! (((HUG))) That's wonderful! I'm thrilled for you!

Maggie, I hadn't planned on buying anything significant yesterday...and I didn't. Oh I saw plenty of gorgeous clothes but they're all for spring or summer and I'm not ready for that yet! However...I did buy some gorgous recipe cards from The Lang Store...and some MAC makeup from Nordstrom's. Heather did find a great buy in Banana Republic--a rib knit turtleneck sweater with buttons down the side. Very cute. Of course anything looks cute on her--she wears a size 6! She didn't spend that much money either...but we had a great time browsing and chattering away! OH! I'm back on The Wendie Plan! So, you've got your partner back! How ya doin'? Just love those numbers you've lost! Gosh, you're doing great! Golly, you had quite a day yesterday too! Avocados and baby goats! I've never eaten an avocado--I know, I know--I've led a sheltered life! And I know what a deer can do to a car? Would you believe I've seen a deer wander into our FRONT YARD? Sure have...late at night...right by the mailbox!

Jean, ohmigosh...snow! Hmmm...I'd want to go to Maui too! Have you "found" them yet? Has Jason and Amanda got there yet? I'm sure they have by now! We're supposed to get a lot of rain here tonight and into tomorrow. Which I'm very glad to have--we're just about going into a drought here. Well, I told Wayne that IF his dad married this lady then he would gain FOUR step-siblings--he wouldn't be an "only" anymore! But I really think Wayne would be hurt if his dad just up and got married and didn't tell him beforehand--Wayne would want to be there.

Well...this post is long...they usually are, huh?

Gail
Old 03-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon! Posting twice in one day is unusual for me! But I am so tickled! I have been playing around on the computer and found Jason and Amanda's plane! If you know the airline, flight number, and times, you can track the route! When I checked earlier they were still over MO -- just now they are partly over CA and partly over the ocean! Evidently the weather didn't interfere with their flight.

Sharon -- CONGRTULATIONS on your loss! You are on your way DOWN the scale! Hope you are having a nice day!

Maggie -- did you get a nap this afternoon? Does Turn get a special treat for his birthday? Give him an extra tummy rub from me!

Gail -- I know you will have your tiny gain gone in no time! I've never had avocadoes either. For some reason they just don't look appetizing to me. We had 4 deer in our back yard late yesterday afternoon when it was almost dark. They were in the neighbor's garden checking it out -- not much there this time of year. When I tried to figure out the time difference, between here and Maui, it says there is 4 hours but I think it is 6. J & A are supposed to get in there at 5:05 pm, Maui time.

My dryer is buzzing so I'd better go fold towels and put in the next load. Have a nice evening, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 03-02-2002 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 01:19 AM   #8  
Thin Within

Smile

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I am fixin' to go to bed soon. Had a good day staying on program. I am hoping my weigh in reflects it again this coming monday. I just keep waiting for the perverable foot to drop so to speak.

JEAN that is so neat that you can track airline flights like that. Another great computer happening. No I didn't get a nap today. I am not a napper and just ride it out if I have been foolish enough to stay up so late reading. Turn will get that belly rub from you.....he likes baloons so I may get him one of those tomorrow.

GAIL Welcome back pardner! You are so right to put that little bitty gain back where it belongs and go on forward. Being in control is what matters now. It is probably good you haven't tried avacados because they are 4 points for a half of one. AH but they are worth it and so good they can be dangerous.

Nighters ya'll.......

Last edited by Maggie; 03-03-2002 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 12:16 PM   #9  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

Maggie, I love avacados. I have two in the kitchen now. I am using one half for a shrimp salad I am having for lunch. Thanks for the information about the water testing. That would be important. Tell Turn Happy Birthday for me.

Jean, deer are so much fun to watch. I didn't know you could track a flight that way. I could keep track of the kids when they fly.

Gail, you are doing so good. Your lunch sounded wonderful. I did not think Wayne would go, but I missed you mentioning that Heather would be going. I am glad you had such a good time.

Got to go get the taxes done. More torture. Cross your fingers for us.
Old 03-03-2002, 02:35 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is windy and cold ( 0 degrees ) but the sun is out!

We went to church this morning and found out that none of the ushers showed up so DH filled in once again. We rarely get to sit together any more and I was looking forward to that. Anyone new would think that I came alone. It was announced that we are getting a new senior pastor -- a 35 year old woman. Usually our church is the last stop before retirement so I'm not sure how she will 'fit' in. Our associate is a 40 year old man who is an air head (for lack of a better description). Anyhow, it will be interesting; I hope she is a little bit old fashioned enough to keep us old fashioned worshippers happy!

Maggie -- I would sing "Happy Birthday" to Turn but it wouldn't be pretty! I hope he has a nice day! Jason called, last night, about 45 minutes after the computer said the plane had landed. He was so surprised when I said I knew they had gotten there. The weather was 80 degrees and he said it was HOT; not a surprise after leaving this deep freeze. I don't plan on naps but they just sort of happen. If I didn't sit down, I would be all right.

Sharon -- I HATE tax time because we ALWAYS have to pay more in! Since DH is considered self-employed we pay in quarterly and I get angry every time I write a tax check. Oh well, guess I should be glad that we both have jobs and can pay in.

Guess I will go read the paper. Have a nice afternoon!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Smile Day #55

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a glorious Sunday afternoon. The temp is 70 here and OH so nice. Today is a very low point day for me so I am not even going to think about it. I have half of my points yet to eat for dinner so I am in good shape.

JEAN I am so glad that the kids made it safely to Maui. Hot, I got a chuckle over that for it surely would seem that way and quite a system shock so quickly from freezing to that temp. That will be interesting how things at your church turn out.

SHARON the ole avacado must be a California Thing since our eastern friends haven't even tasted their delightful flavor. Your shrimp avacado salad sounds great! Have you ever filled the seed cavity with salsa and topped it off with a smidgeon of sour cream? Great! Just scrumptious. Here is a story for you. You know how they get uglier the riper they get...well when we were in Montana we wanted some for guacamole and they were selling like a dollar and a half for only one which were very green. Then we spied a gallon plastic bag full of the "ripe" ones on sale for a buck for the bag. Those folks where eating the hard green ones and throwing out the nice ripe ones. Go figure.

Have a great day ya'll.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:31 PM   #12  
I will do it this time

Maggie, that avacado mixture sounds wonderful. Some of these people just don't know what they are missing not eating avacados and artichokes. Yummy stuff.

Jean, I am so happy. We are getting a nice amount of money back. I am not sure how that happened but I will take it. Now I can afford the new sod that Bill and his newest bestest buddy from next door are going to put in the front and the back. Men sometimes have no concept of cost. Now I don't have to worry about it.

I am whipped. I am going to go finish up dinner and quit. Have a great week everyone.
Old 03-04-2002, 12:57 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Smile Day #56

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a tad cooler this day but not bad at all. Well maybe it is because I may be on here a bit earlier. It is 55 right now and sunny so I'll certainly not complain. I have had a good week of programing and am hopeful of a loss showing tonight. I have hope because I have kept my FOCUS.

SHARON wonder if others have tried jicama. I love it with onions and oranges with a spicy dressing.

Have a great day all ya'all
Old 03-04-2002, 03:19 PM   #14  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default I know I'm late!

I swear I had all the good intentions of getting into here long before this! Everytime I came near this website I got interrupted or something came up!

Good luck Maggie when you weigh in but I get the feeling there will be no luck needed as you have kept your FOCUS and you will have another loss this week surely! Jicama? How do you pronounce that, btw?

Sharon, did I tell you congratulations yet on your loss? If I didn't...CONGRATULATIONS...and if I did...that was another CONGRATULATIONS! Avocados and artichokes...never touched the stuff.

Okay you two...I've eaten salsa!

Jean, your new female minister just might fit in very well with your congregation! I think it would be really cool to have a female minister. Let us know how everyone likes her. After all, its the same "message" right?

Okay...I promise to get back in here when I can spare a moment...Is it 5pm yet?!

Gail
Old 03-04-2002, 04:08 PM   #15  
I will do it this time

Hi!

Maggie, I tried it but have not liked it. Your way of having it sounds interesting.

Gail, glad to hear that you have at least had salsa. You had me worried for a bit.

Jean, Hi!! How ya doing?

I am busy at work, but just wanted to check in. I am on program and Bill is when he is around me. He even seems to be trying harder.

Back to work.
Closed Thread