Old 05-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Weekly Chat 5/7 - 5/13 (merged threads)

Morning all!!

Im down 2 pounds this morning so it seems im off to a good (re) start. I cooked ahead a few things yesterday so it would be easy to grab and go and still be on plan. I made stir fry beef and veggies, salmon mini muffins, boiled eggs and cut up celery...i am full speed ahead...
Got to spend time with my grandson yesterday, he is so much better now that he is on meds. He still has the seizures, but he is reacting to stimulus much better, looking at his hands, touching faces, stuff like that. He is a little behind developmentally, like hes not sitting up by himself yet, or crawling, and hes 8 mos. But, he will catch up, the doc is watching him and is pleased with his development.

Have a great day all
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Jae- great going on your loss.

I had a nice weekend. I have been eating carbs and noticed I am very sluggish I cannot wait to go back on Atkins Wed. I bought a graduation dress this weekend. I will upload pics from graduation so you ladies can see. It is a cute v neck black little dress size medium woohoo. I also had to buy a dress for a conference Saturday. It is a blue and green water pattern.That one is a mock halter. Size 8 !!!! go me lol. I meet with my professor today and am hoping to be ready to bind my thesis by Wednesday. I am praying I dont have to go to school again tomorrow. I should be able to spend tomorrow making minor changes from home. I graduate May 20.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

jae, WTG on the 2 lbs. I also had my grandson's yesterday. They are so sweet. I'm glad your GS is getting better. I got to see my GS (11 months) take 4 steps yesterday and then he dropped and crawled.

Nikki, WTG on the planning ahead and the new clothes.

I'm trying today to get totally back on my program after a high cal. day yesterday. So far, so good.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Jae: Glad your grandson is better

Nikki: Good luck on your thesis! WTG on the weight loss!

Lily: Good luck w/getting back OP. You can do it

Well, so far so good. I've been OP. But the water isn't getting drank nor the exercise done. Too much running around. The scale HAD gone down a pound (was SUPER excited) but now it's back up again for some reason. Oh well, I FEEL better and that's the main thing
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon,

It sounds like you all had a pretty good weekend. I'm still strugling to get back OP. Went out for brunch yesterday and had rice and then also had desert. So far so good for today, evening is the worst time for me. I just can't stop snacking. I'll have to make myself something OP so I don't eat DHs peanuts, I'm like an addict with those.

Way to go Jae! 2more lbs down! Glad your grandson is doing better.

Nikki. Can't wait to se the pic's. You are doing so well . Good luck with school!

Hi Brenda . Way to go staying OP. Don't pay to much attention to the scale. keep it up it'll move eventualy.

Have a nice day!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #6  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning all!

Glad monday is over...its always such a stress day...thanks for the support you guys, it helps to get a "pat" on the back..

Nikki - Wow! Thesis, huh? what degree are you working toward? Graduation this month! congrats to you on that, and the med dress i went back to school and got my BS at 45yrsold, loved it, but not easy

lillybelle - grandsons, love'em! here is some willpower dust to help out..cant wait till my GS walks!

ladya - i forget somtimes that feeling better is a great benefit of this woe/wol, after all, thats one of the reasons i want to lose weight, to feel better...

punce - evening is rough for me too, DH doenst get home until 900pm so i have a few hours to get myself in trouble..and cover up the evidence...i feel ya on this one

all my girlies have a great day!!.............Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #7  

Default Weekly Chat 5/6 - 5/12

Hi All....I am back!

I didn't see a weekly chat for this week so hope you don't mind if I start it.

I am back doing the low carb thing.....I stopped a year or so ago and have been recently doing Weight Watchers and failed at it once again. I was very successful on the low carb life so I am going to give it a go again. I may modify it a bit from Atkins...allow fruit etc.

I see that Leenie is still here and Brenda! HEY!

Can't wait to catch up with all of you!
Jane
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

JANE !!!! is that you ????????? KISS KISS HUG HUG

Good to see ya girlie, whats been happening ??? Yes, I'm here, still moderating the boards lolol

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #9  

Hi Jae- I second being glad Monday is over. I am finishing my Masters in Instructional Technology. Our thesis focuses on professional development being provided for Math teachers. We are looking to see if there is a correlation between teachers self efficacy and students grades. We worked in a district which had a 69 % failure rate on the state assessment tests. It has been a very interesting year and I will miss working with my mentor professor.

Here is to hoping the scale is nice tomorrow. I go back on inductin for another 3 weeks tomorrow.

Nikki
Old 05-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back from visiting with my daughter and the grandkids. We had a wonderful time playing with grand kids, the whole weekend,all sort of sports from baseball to volley ball and shoot a couple of hoops in the basket ball net.

We didn't see the IN LAWS until Saturday night when SIL took his mom & dad and us out for dinner for Mothers Day.The witch was behaving herself this time,I think she mellowed knowing that her daughter is seriously ill, with several blood clots in her lungs. She was at her DD house most of the time.The only other time we saw them was Sunday evening when they came over and had Italian take out. I had chicken parm. and it was so big that I took it home for Mondays dinner.

Went on the scale this morning and I Maintained after all the food that they had. I usually always gain 2-5 lbs soooo I really happy I stayed the same. Tomorrow I going to try a egg diet for three day,that some of the low carber do,when the scale hasn't moved in some time. I'll let you know if it works.

So all & in all it was a wonderful extended weekend. We came back,late yesterday afternoon and we didn't put the computer on until this morning. While we were down there my daughter hands were hurting her,from joint pain. The doctors don't know what she has. They took blood work 2 1/2 weeks ago and the results haven't come back yet.She can't even cut a tomato for a sandwich.She told me that the pain goes down to her ankles and then travels to here other joints. My stupid S-I-L thinks she acting,needs attention because his sister is ill. My daughter doesn't do things like that I could look in her eyes and see shes really in pain.

Happy to be home again,and don't need to get myself upset. Hopefully her doctor will finally come up with the answer.

Haven't gone though the all of the thread yet,to see what you guys have been up to,but I will hope to post later.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #11  

Hey Leenie........

Not too much happening with me these days except still struggling to lose the fat! Still in the same job...still have the same husband

I just have to face facts and accept that carb filled foods are just not meant for me. I do so much better on low carb. I don't feel so darn hungry all the time!
I am going to include fruit though......I just think it is a healthy thing to do. Not like I eat tons of fruit everyday...just talking a piece a day. Today I have an apple. I bought some strawberries last night and will have them with some cottage cheese for breakfast.

How have you been? Anything exciting going on in your world?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

I've been hiding for the past few days....I did NOT do good this past weekend, and I haven't been on the treadmill now, for 2 weeks. I'm starting again tomorrow....this time SB style. I'm hoping to loose the 4 lbs I gained this week and then some, lol.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #13  

Hi all! I was just wondering if any of you have taken a break with your diets while on vacation??? I'll be taking a little trip in a couple of days and I decided it might be better if I just settle right now that I will be breaking the diet and then starting again when I return. I figure it's better than succumbing to temptation, feeling really bad about it, and then abandoning the diet all together as a result. I just don't think there's any way I can stick with it for this week! I'm going to New York...There's just way too much good food there!

Natalie
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #14  

Natalie I have taken a break but still watch if that makes any sense. Don't go crazy but have a taste of everything.

Nikki
Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Natalie, when we went on our camping vacation over spring break, I took a little break. I realized that my eating wouldn't be perfect, but I didn't go too over-board. I tried to make sure that I walked a lot and didn't take much junk (except low-cal junk) with us.

I have managed now to get totally back on program with eating. I weighed this morning and am still 147. I'm doing 1400 cal's a day for now until I get this other 2 lbs. back off. Now, if I'd get my lazy butt back on the treadmill I'd be back at my darn goal.

I had planned to walk last night but by 9PM , I was exhausted and went to bed. I slept til 9AM and it was such a great rest that I feel so much better today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote