Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #1  

Default Blood Type Diet

Has anyone tried this diet? I have been doing some research and I almost am eating the way the diet says I should be. Except for bread and cheese which I absolutely adore and according to the diet, should not be eating.

I know that there are a lot of cons to this diet, but has anyone tried it and had any type of success??
Old 05-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #2  
it's always something

I'm not sure if this is the type of advice you were looking for, but all of the top diet experts say to avoid blood type diets because there's no real science to back them up, it's just a gimmick. The diets will work, no matter which one you choose, because they all get you to eat less.

On the other hand, we all have different tastes and lifestyles, so if one of the diets in those books is easy for you to stick to and encourages you to stay on it, then maybe that's what you need. The success is based on your motivation to stick with a reduced calorie diet.

Do you like the foods you are eating? Do you feel confident that you are getting enough healthy foods from the 4 food groups?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello, I'm new. My husband and I have been on this diet for roughly 3 months. He has lost around 15 pounds and he's an A type. I'm AB and I've gained about 5 pounds on this diet. At first I thought this diet was working and that it was making me feel pretty good but after about 8 weeks I now feel like crap and my cravings are all over the place. I've decided to ditch the diet.

The books are very interesting reads tho and this diet does not call for you to cut calores or cut out any food groups, just certain items in the food groups.

Last edited by hearthgal; 05-08-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I do to some degree. No I didn't lose weight on just that. But I do feel better. Ya know that bubble in the throat feeling? I don't have that anymore.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

here is a link to a review WebMD gave the diet:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/eat-right-for-your-type

The most interesting comment is their conclusion -
As for why so many have embraced the diet, Wiley has a theory: "Dieting is one of those things people feel desperate about. ... The blood-type diet sounds more scientific [than some others]."

But it's the very lack of a solid scientific background that rankles most experts.

"If this diet wasn't coming from the whole blood-type approach, I could recommend this," says Grotto, "but the philosophy of blood type is very obscure and lacking in science."
Closed Thread