Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #1  
Littlestar

S/C/G: 252/223/147

Height: 164 cm

Default Saggy Belly Boobs

Hi,

My starting weight was 18 stone, my target is 10.5 stone. I am currently at 16.5 stone, and I am really concerned about toning up my boobs and belly...

A lot of friends, who are older I must say, have been left with extremely saggy skin around the belly, boobs and bum area after loosing 4 + stone. I haven't really thought of this before, but I suppose I am lucky to have quite a pert bum despite being overweight, not that I should expect it to stay that way, so I am not too concerned about my bottom... But I have been slimmer before, 12 stone, and I had quite saggy empty breast and a floppy fold on my belly.

This may be genetic but pleeeease can someone give me some really good excercise's that I can follow, whilst I am loosing weight by doing general walking, cycling, swimming and dance video's, I feel I need to concentrate on these area's to get the best results...?

Thanks
Littlestar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #2  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Weights. Everything I've ever read has said that if you do weights, it will tighten and tone your body.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #3  
Littlestar

Thanks for your reply. Anything specific in mind?? I'm not a member of a gym, can't afford it, but I do have small weights at home that I can use, a fitball, and dance and kickboxing video's...

Nice to here from a SydneySider... My final goal / dream weight is for when I move to Sydney!!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Visit our new "Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss" ... It has some really good information on skin during and after weightloss...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #5  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Littlestar what's stopping you from moving here now? Live your life for now, not for when you reach that magic number.

Just general weights are good. The weight forum is probably better handled to answer that thanI am.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renny Sue View Post
Live your life for now, not for when you reach that magic number.
Nice advice, Renny Sue!!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #7  
Littlestar

Thanks to everyone - and in answer to Renny Sue, money...!! It's not like I am putting it off because of my weight, I am just trying to utilise the time I have whilst saving to reach my goal... And really make a new start out there!!

I've been before - holiday and 6month stay on WHV - so I am happy waiting to make sure the permanent move is as smooth as possible... x
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #8  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 270+/179/155?

Height: 5'10"

I'm 42, and have lost around 100 lbs in the past year. I was exercising (walking then running, plus weights) the whole time, and expect to keep doing that for the next 20-or-so pounds, and the rest of my life. As I've lost weight I've enjoyed seeing the curves of muscle emerge, but there's definitely saggy skin as well. I think cardio is great for weight loss and stress management, and weights are great for adding some shape (and I think increasing metabolism). But I'm not sure either make much difference to your skin. Genes, age, whether you smoke and get a lot of sun are probably greater factors.

That said, I'm a whole lot happier with loose skin on my current form than nice tight skin stretched over my former 270+ lbs.

Lore
UrbanLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Lore and a big CONGRATS and on your weightloss

Quote:
That said, I'm a whole lot happier with loose skin on my current form than nice tight skin stretched over my former 270+ lbs.
Great advice
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote