Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #1105

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

Whew, looks like I started the new thread without messing anything up

I'm so glad the weekend is over--it was rather emotionally draining. I didn't do horribly food-wise, but man was I moody! Come to find out, my lovely TOM showed up about 3 days early yesterday, so I am hoping that was the primary reason for the emotional roller coaster.

I have to go have fasting blood work drawn this afternoon after work, which means I can't eat anything all day until after they take the blood. It's 8am, and I'm already hungry, but I know that getting through the first bout of hunger for the day will be the hardest, and then the rest of the day will be easier. I'd hoped to have the blood drawn in the morning before work, but I work at 7am, and the lab doesn't open until 7:30, so I would have had to come in to work late, and I have too much to do to come in late right now--just bad timing. Plus I already have to leave early on Thursday for my Dr.'s appointment.

Anyway, happy Monday to all, and here's wishing everyone a great start to a new week!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #3  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Just a quick pop-in as I have to go get ready for my Tai-Chi class, but I had to give myself a pat on the back and say that this morning I was down 3.1 pounds, to 296.8, which means I have now officially lost 10% of my original weight.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Jill, fasting til this afternoon? That sucks! Be sure to eat something good and filling afterwards - and of course, healthy!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

Lesley--woohoo, 10% GONE!

I'm thinking I'll make Jeff take me out for dinner to the place that has my favoritest salads (yes, I said "favoritest" ). I'm sure by the time I get home aroun 4:30-5pm, I'll want to gnaw my arm off rather than have to actually COOK something for dinner
Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Yay Lesley! Good for you!!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

My goodness...I don't post for a few days and it took me almost 45 minutes to catch up with you people!!

Things around here have been INSANE!!!

The new interim Principal has started and is a nice man. I think the transition has been easy because we really had no choice. On the other hand...he is not permenant, so maybe that has made it eaiser? To his credit, he is giving out detention and suspensions without a problem and is all over the building all day, so at least that much is getting done.

Sammi had her last competition for this year() yesterday, we were there from 9am until 4pm, and I am still exhausted. I am such an idiot, because they had a photographer who did "action" shots, which were pretty cool, and I waited on line for over an hour to get one. These women there take so long to make up their minds on a pose...I didn't think we were ever getting out of there. They girls did great again...but it was funny because they did the same 2 dances as last time, but the scores flip-flopped from the scores before. At least it is all over, now we just have the recital next month and that's it until September.

My boys have gotten summer jobs with the school district, so I am helping them fill out tons of paperwork...and of course, I was registering them online to be fingerprinted, and did one all correct and have the receipt to prove it, but true to form, when I did the other one, I was supposed to print 2 copies and instead of hitting print, hit my home icon and lost the page. I was frantic and called the tech support...she sent me an email and I tried to print it...and the paper got jammed in the printer...I almost threw it from my living room into my bedroom even though Doug was still sleeping. I am definately waiting until tommorrow to try and print again.

I am now a week late w/TOM and am about to lose my mind!! And no, hubby has been "fixed" so it's not that!!! My tummy feels so bloated that I may explode!! My TOM is starting to get further apart (Peri-Menopause )...I just wish it was over and I didn't have to worry about anymore. Was that TMI????
Sorry my post is all about me...but I am so far behind with personals that I only have 3 for now:

Heather: I LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE!! You look great!

Kayley: I do WW points also. It is very easy to follow and the only suggestion I have is to make sure you keep track of everything. One thing I will always remember that my leader said is "If you bite it, write it"!!!

Zelma: The heart is beautiful, and is SO appropriate for you!! You have many words of wisdom to think about and I will really put them to good use!

I am off to get ready for work...
Have a Great OP day!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I'm feeling good this morning. I even weighed, and it showed me down 2 pounds, but I'm not going to report it until Sunday. Because I don't want it to be a fluke. But that helps with the motivation...heh.

I've done a LOT of reading up about WW over the weekend, and I've got a whole folder here on my computer of recipes, tips, and info!

I really have this feeling that I'm going to succeed this time. For one, it doesn't seem like a diet! I've tried Atkins...lost about 30 pounds, and gained most of it back. Did South Beach, lost about 70 pounds...and it's hard to admit, but I gained it all back. Why? Because once you go OFF those plans, you gain it all back! With weight watchers, I can eat foods I love. I just learn portion control. Making smarter food choices to make my points last longer. I can go out and celebrate with friends, and not be forced to choose a salad EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't have to feel GUILTY about wanting popcorn! It's all in moderation, and I'm VERY excited to try this out.

We bought some of the Smart Ones TV dinners for our lunches, since they already have the point values on them (and were cheaper than Lean Cuisine this week!). I also got some WW ice cream to have in the freezer, and we got some 100 calorie packs...they all seem to be 2 points! And then, I'll cook us one of the WW recipes for dinner. Can you tell I'm stoked?!?

I learned all about the activity points, and how to calculate those. I don't plan on using those as points I can eat, but rather, just using it as a guide to how much I should have burned off.

This have been a very ME post, but I wanted to let you all know how I feel today. I don't get this excited often, so bear with me. LOL!

Jill - Wow, that bites that you can't get the blood work until the afternoon!!! I've only had to get blood work once, and luckily, I didn't have to fast...lol. Hope all goes well with your tests!!!

Lesley - AWESOME ABOUT LOSING 10%!!! That's fantastic!!!!

Donna - I plan on going to Walmart, and picking up a little notebook to keep track of me & my b/f's points for the day (since we're doing it together), and also keep track of our weight/measurements, etc. That way, I can write down EVERYTHING. My oh my, I hope those documents print out for you. I hate when things like that happen. Have a GREAT day!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #8  
Shadiepurple

Good Monday morning my sweet chickies! I am going to try to jump on this train before you all get so far a head of me. I have short legs and this thing moves soooo fast.

Nothing much new for me . Just staying on plan and praying! I did get a new electric tread mill. I haven't tried it yet . I am so excited tho.

Donna: I am with you sister . My TOM is a week late also with NO GOOD reason. I am very Anemic and TOM takes so much out of me that when I tell my DR. I missed or its late she say" Oh good for you. You get a break and can build up some strength for the next one!" She is being supportive but I just want her to fix it.. I have all your symptoms too. I want to go weigh in but I know I am bloated and retaining so much water I would just cry if I weigh now. Good luck with all the job stress hun. I know it's hard when KNOW IT ALLs try to change all the good stuff just to puff up their own egos. Maybe she'll huff and puff till she blows herself up.. .lol

Jilly: You poor girl. Fasting ALL day is too hard. I hope all the tests come back great so you don't have to do it again for a long while. Eat healthy when its done. Hugs.

Lesley: Tia chi in the morning?? Great for you. AND you're down almost 4 more lbs? You inspire me with ever post. You are such a go getter, I hope to run behind you at some point soon. You're so beautiful!!

Have a super strong OP day ladies.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #9  
Shadiepurple

Kayley: we must have been posting together!

It sounds like you are really thinking this one out completely. GOOD 4 YOU!

This battle is such a total consumer of every thing we do. Planning meals, eating out WWAAYYY in advance, get togethers, and even down to just hanging out.

Food rules and fatties drool. That is just so not fair. I hope starting fresh while your on break from school will give you a running head start. YOU GO GIRL
Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/289/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone, doing great, back on the treadmill. I am loving life. I will write more later. Yeah to everyone who had losses.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #11  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls
My meeting went well today. The bride seems very happy. I have to call her back to make an appt for their engagement/wedding announcement picture. I forgot to do that while I was there. I guess that was part of my nerves *L*

Anyhow, I just had lunch and thinking on a quick catnap before I have to go to work. I have to work at both jobs tomorrow so I will be up early etc tomorrow and work tonight till midnight. I can't wait till I dont have to work nights again... 14 more work days things will be SO much better then! I will have lots of time to devote to all my other "stuff"

ok, time for a quick snooze and then I will be off to work!
Brenda
Old 05-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Shadie - That new treadmill should definately help melt some of those pounds off ya, girl! As for WW, I think I've DEFINATELY been putting a lot more thought into it than my other previous diets. I'm just so PUMPED!

Brenda - Hope you get that rest you deserve!!!!

Well, I'm on the job hunt again, looking for something a little closer than my previous job. I have an interview for a data entry position on Wednesday. I really hope something comes of it. I'm just glad my finger is good for typing again...cuz I type about 70-75 words a minute, and I wouldn't want them to not hire me, cuz I couldn't type fast enough all because of my stupid finger! lol. So far, I'm doing good with my points. I had a nice little bowl of Special K Yogurt & Berries. Only 3 points for the bowl w/ milk! I'm going to try and space my meals/snacks out, too, and try and eat every 2.5 - 3 hours.

I'll be back here a bit later. It's a beautiful day out! I've got the patio door open to get some fresh air in here, and I've just been doing some house cleaning while Andrew's at the gym.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies!!

I'm feeling pretty good today. When I go into the center today I am hoping to see a loss after staying the same on Saturday. I've been staying on plan and drinking all my water, I am so proud of myself. When I put an old shirt on this morning that I have not worn since before I was pregnant I could totally tell the difference that it was looser! Plus, the pants I just bought are already falling off ( I guess it could be I don't have any hips and a flat butt right now! )

Jill-I hope the blood work is soon!! so you can have something to eat!

Lesley- 10% that is awesome!! I remember when I got ther!

Donna- I hope you get what you need printed!

Kayley- When I was here before you did SO well! I know you can do it again!

Okay I will come back later when I go in to see if I have lost anything more
Old 05-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,
Thanks Ammi he is doing great. I have allot more weight now to lose.Very sad about that.I gained over 80 pounds during my pregnancy.I just seem to get too hungry I am breast feeding so I cant do a real strict diet. I am still recoverying from c-section so no exercise right now. Any tips or ideas please do let me know.. Hugs to all...
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #15  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Hey all...thanks so much to the well wishers for my little weekend getaway. We had a very nice time, and my son loved his day at the amusement park. For me that part of the trip was hard and a little depressing. It was a lovely day - sunny and warm - and it was nice to be out, but I had to pay over 100.00 to get us both into the park and I couldn't use any of the rides because of my size. I knew that going in, and I didn't even try, but I felt really kind of diminished as a human being in a small way being made to pay anyway. Also, I was just kind of exhausted and aching - it's a long time to be on your feet and standing in lines and walking around. So, a victory to look forward to for the future! For now, I'm glad I was able to give my son a special day, though it will be more special in the future when we can ride together.

Just had to pick up on Catherine's story from the last thread about the comments of the cardiologist. What a terrible, destructive, inexcusable thing to say to a person. What happened to 'First do no harm'? What a way to reveal his limitations not only as a doctor, but as a human being. Catherine, I hope that what he said was such an obvious and egregious violation that it didn't get down into your soul even at the time. If it did, success is the best revenge.

And I have to jump on the 'Awesome new picture, Heather!' bandwagon. It really is a remarkably different look at you, and it's a very, very nice picture. Cool!
Closed Thread