Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 08:07 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#137

Welcome to Christian Encouragers!
This is a wonderful group of Christians who will be here for you and lift you up in prayer. Everyone is welcome!
Old 03-02-2002, 08:32 AM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

just wanted y'all to see this post from the last thread. I don't want a new addition to get lost in the shuffle.

Quote:
Originally posted by EZMONEY
Hello ladies--I came across this site a few days ago looking for a low fat recipe. I am new at this computer stuff [just learned how to e-mail a couple of weeks ago---so I could talk to my daughter away at college] Anyway I saw the BBBB thread and sent a note there, I have tried to get through to your group several times but I always mess it up. Then I have to wait for my wife or son to help me out. I will fill you guys in with details of my life later but for now just letting you know that I will be praying for your success!!! IN CHRIST
Old 03-02-2002, 08:41 AM   #3  

Blessing to all,
Sorry I have been away for a few days. I worked 7 days before I had a day off and my day off was spent running from here to there and I didn't get home until after 9:30pm! The great thing is I wasn't eating! Thank you for all the prayers on my legs. I have to go for more testing. I have no feeling in an area on my lower left calf. And he thinks my back has gotten worse. And my legs are show muscle weakness. I will now take 2 aleave twice a day. (he was going to write another script for celebrex which cost $50 and doesn't work as well as aleave!)
the side affect of taking the meds is the are hard on my tummy and I can't eat much because it hurts!

Ez money-Welcome we are looking forward to getting to know you.

Bethanne-Wow what a great weak. I know you are going to make your goal! I am so happy for you!

Zoe-I am here for you! Just remember one meal at a time. Also I know for me I have to slowly cut my bad habits out one by one. I can't just start a diet or the withdraw is to much. So I start by bringing my lunch unstead of eating out. Then the next week I cut out sugar snacks but still had a treat at dinner ect... If I go cold trukey I fail! I hope this helps.

Dee-Is your daughter in Basketball? Were all in the same struggle here and we are here for you.

Ginny-Glad you enjoyed your Biblestudy. I am still praying about your Job. And God will help you with that choice.

Sherry-Thank you for praying for me. I go for some nerve tests on 3/12. I am so tired of having all this going on! I did the same with the scales I WI and then went to the dr and WI 5 more! The DR office had better fix there scales!!!!! ( I have lost 10 lbs since Jan my last visit)

Wilma-It hads gone from spring weather to freezing and snow to spring again in 5 days here! And word is it is suppose to get cold again. I hope you are enjoying your time off and with DS!

Pravda-Did you get to walk at lunch?

Monica-I know for me it seems like the scales don't move for awhile then one day BAM it will show a 3-5 loss! Don't get discouraged by the scale!

Praying that you have a OP weekend,
Sami
Old 03-02-2002, 09:54 AM   #4  

Good Saturday Morning

Happy Dr. Suess Birthday!

Well we started out our morning with some "Green Eggs and Ham." While I was cooking my son read the book. I didn't look, but I bet that my 13 year old daughter was rolling her eyes.
I fixed me some of the Boca sausage and some lowfat biscuits. I did manage to walk about a mile and a half yesterday. But this morning it is raining...YUCK! I might try to go to the mall and walk some. But I always get in trouble there....always have to do a wee bit of shopping....LOL...
I did weigh Friday and the little needle finnaly moved...I lost 2 lbs. this week. YIPPIE....

Got to run....Hope you are all have a "Joy" filled Saturday!

Monica
258/218/211
Old 03-02-2002, 11:04 AM   #5  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default I have decided

What one of the GREATEST feelings in the world is. After being able to sleep in until 9:30 for the first time in about a month, lazing around cleaning up the house, and then taking a nice long shower, shaving my legs, doing all those things you don't have time for in the rush of the morning.. sliding on my clean, not yet worn since they've been washed (And therefore not "streched out"), favorite pair of jeans, and discovering that they are a little bit big!!! What a rush!

we're off to my mom's house... got tons of laundry to do, and all my "Stampin Up!" stuff arrived on thursday, so I'm going to work with Jocelyn (my step daugher) and my mom to make my sister who is in Italy lots of cards that we can send her. She's (my sister) doing really well, but I think she's starting to get homesick, so its time to remind her we love her!!! She was telling my mom on the phone this morning that on Saturday they have a big "ceremony" at lunch to pass out the mail.. Jocelyn was wondering if it was anything like Harry Potter when all the owls come flying in to drop off the mail... She got a postcard from my brother so she was very happy!!!

We're also planning to take the puppies on a walk (the puppies are really 2 "beasts", 70 lb black lab Oreo, and 120 lbs golden retreiver Pal) so it should be a good day! I'm just glad the sun is shining, and although no more weight has come off, none has come back either!!
Hooray!
Have a great Saturday!
Old 03-02-2002, 03:59 PM   #6  
Super Star

Dear all,

I was looking through the support groups when I saw this group. Last tuesday I went to my very first bible study in I cannot tel you how long. I met this wonderful lady a work and through some conversations she thought that maybe I was looking for something. That maybe God was trying to tell me something. Well at the end of this study I was crying as i never knew what I had been missing.

You see my suster was saved last year and I have been a little um non supportive until last week. i had no idea what the it was I was searching for. And sometimes I wonder if my deep emotional need is for Christ in my life. I am going to subscribe to this thread if y'all do not mind. I am searching and I believe that HE is taking me there. Thank you. Tracy
Old 03-02-2002, 04:40 PM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Welcome, Welcome to Tracy and EZmoney: You will find this a great place to give and receive support.

DS got home safely last night. It's nice to be able to connect with him. DH and I are working at a Gideons banquet tonight. For me that means doing dishes for over 100 people. At least I won't be doing it alone!! I've had a pretty relaxing day so far today. I got most of my work done yesterday so all I did was a bit of baking - made Ds favorite - lemon meringue pie!

Hope you are all having a great day!! I better get off here. I'm surprised no one has come to kick me off yet.

Talk to you again soon!
Old 03-02-2002, 10:30 PM   #8  

Default Welcome Newcomers!

Hi Tracy and others!
Welcome, to Christian Ladies online!

I can relate to your feelings, having returned to the building now some 3yrs. ago. I hadn't left our Lord all together, but I had left the fellowship of HIS children and the knowledge gained from being in their company. Bible Study here, in our little Church of Christ congregation, always informative and uplifting.
The minute I returned to HIS building, HIS Word, I felt PEACE!!!!
Our Lord is thrilled to have Tracy, as we are to have her here on this site.
God Bless!

We're well here in Southern Ontario. The weather is actually spring like. I found Crocus up in the garden today, in Canada in March, unbelievable! The farm is alive with spring, animals acting flirty, new borns around the corner?

Wish I could say the weight loss is happening, but alas I've been so bad. Motivation girls! Nephew's wedding June 1st. has got to motivate me, real soon. Neice stopped in today, she is down 67 lbs. on WW's, we're all so proud of her, and she's made me very angry with myself. Say a prayer that Joanne can get back on track.

I wish each of you a great Lord's Day tomorrow.
Take care everyone.

Sister Joanne
Old 03-02-2002, 11:15 PM   #9  
Made In Canada

Wink Found the right place

Hi, My name is Merilee and I'm a mom of two wonderful teens. I have been searching for the right site for support and I've finally found it.I have been on many diets in the past.WW,slim-fast,nutri-system, and Weigh Down.Now that one I enjoyed.That Gwen Shamblin's a great lady. But I had to get off the merry-go-round that I was on. I am a smoker and I found I couldnt learn how to eat properly if I was smoking to curb my appetite. So 4 years ago I stopped smoking. Then the weight started piling on because now I could actually taste the food and it was so good. So good that I put on 36 pounds. I was 175 pounds. So that puts me at 211. Well I went back to smoking after 3 years being smoke-free because I didnt want to gain any more weight but wouldnt you know it the weight stayed with me. Darm it anyway.So now I'm trying the slim-fast again. I work early mornings so its great for on the go.I'm hoping to finally be able to take it off and keep it off. I want to live to see grandbabies and be healthy. I gave my life to the Lord and was baptized in 1996, so I know I have Him on my side through all this if I give it to Him. I was too stubborn back a few years ago to let Him in on anything.I can do anything through Christ who gives me strenghth. Thx for being here and caring.My s.

Last edited by chick4christ; 03-02-2002 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:48 AM   #10  
Super Star

Thank you all for the welcome!!!

I know that God led me to this site and then again to this thread. I love to read so any books that might help me in this journey I would welcome. Thank you again! Tracy
Old 03-03-2002, 12:22 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Sunday Morning

Good Sunday Morning Ladies--
Just wanted to say hello before my wife and I headed off to church-- my step-daughter is singing in the second service today so we are going later than usual. We like to go either Sat. night or the early Sunday service so we can do other things on the week-end.

I want to thank all you you who welcomed me aboard-- Zoe, Sami and Wilma nd to welcome Tracy and Joanne[ isn't it great how even if we leave our place of worship or leave the life our Lord wants us to live that He doesn't leave us!!!] And Merilee you gotta stop smoking!!!! I did it from the time I was 16 [boy was I COOL!!!!] until I was 42---- I will explain it all later when I give more details on my life but right now I gotta run--- Try the gum, worked for me.

In His Love-- Gary
Old 03-03-2002, 03:27 PM   #12  

Hello and praying that you are all having a wonderful "Sonday."

Had a good worship service church today...the pastor finished up some sermons on the prayer of Jabez. If you haven't read the book ya need to. Three of my friends and I did the Jabez Bible Study this past fall.

Welcome Tracy, Gary and Merilee...this is a great place.

Tracy you asked about books. The Secrets of the Vine is an awesome book.
We are starting a new Bible Study at church by Beth Moore "Jesus the One and Only." It looks great. We have finished 2 of her Bible Studies....Very powerful.

Well it is to cold to walk today...brrr Cold again here in Georgia

Hope the temps are better tomorrow.

Blessings to you all!:sheep:

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of you heart!"

Monica
Old 03-03-2002, 05:11 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon Ladies ~ I hope that you are all having a wonderful Lord's day. I know I have. I've been so productive this weekend.....taking time to do some things around the house that I've put off way too long. So I feel like I have accomplished a lot. One thing though, to let myself know how out of shape I am, I cleaned the bathroom floor on my hands and knees yesterday and boy, am I hurting today. I bought a VCR for the bedroom (our other 2 are in the living room and den) and a beginners kickboxing tape. I am so ready to go. I have also brought my treadmill into my bedroom so I have NO excuse now. While Greg is watching nothing but golf, golf, golf (we get the golf channel....sheesh), I will be in there, watching Lifetime Movie Network or Christian TV and walk, walk, walk......so, I'm ready, I'm really ready.

Merilee ~ welcome, welcome, welcome!! I saw you post elsewhere and I was just going to invite you in here by going to your profile to send you a private message and viola', your last post was in here!! I too have tried all the diets. I'm now pretty much counting the WW points but including Slim Fast for some lunches, just counting the points when I have one. I think you'll be happy in this group.

Gary ~ how was your step-daughter's singing? I'll bet she sounding like an angel.

Tracy ~ we meet again. You seem to be all over this board. Maybe you'll find, like me, that this thread has and gives the most inspiration both for God and for healthy eating.

Monica ~ The Prayer of Jabez is wonderful!!!

Sami ~ Thanks so much for your support and uplifting words. I think I am actually going to be fine. I guess it was taking me an extra week to get out of vacation mode.

Hi Joanne, Wilma, Pravda, Ginny, Sherry, Dee and Beth Anne ~ (hope I didn't forget anyone.....) Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

In Christ's Love,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/195/148

For all the newbies........
Old 03-03-2002, 07:21 PM   #14  
Growing in Christ

Hello all!!

Guess I'd better quit saying "hello ladies" huh??? Welcome Gary! And welcome to our other new "losers"!!!

Our week and weekend was soooo busy, can't believe I didn't get in here! My eating has been okay, but not as good as it was the first two weeks w/the WW thing, but hopefully my weigh in in the morning will be okay. Gonna weigh Joshua too, since he's gaining as much as I'm losing!! Well, maybe not quite that fast, but he sure is a-growin! Can't believe he's a month old already!

We were at my oldest two kids' gymnastics "Olympics" today, and the man next to us said, "okay, how many kids DO you have?" lol I assured him, just the 5!!! lol

I can't wait to be my skinny little self and be able to say that!!

Welcome again! I"m sure you like all the encouragment that gets passed around on this thread!

Patricia
Old 03-04-2002, 05:57 AM   #15  
Super Star

Good Morning Ladies!!

thank you for the welcomes and the encourgarement. I cannot wait to get my book by Kay Arthur. I have been feeling really low lately and I know that God Is talking to me. That and the refrig!!! I think once my spirit is found maybe some other things will fall inot place. Yes i post alot.. I just know how I feel so if I can touch one person or keep them form eating those donut hole (half off at the store..sigh) well ...it would be good. Have a wondeful day all!! Tracy
Closed Thread